PDA

View Full Version : What attraction would you "holiday-up" next?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

wonderful
11-25-2001, 10:09 PM
Since "it's a small world" holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday have done so well, I don't think a lot of guess work goes into whether or not we'll see other attractions get a holiday make over in the coming years... the only question is, which one will be next?
I vote for the Jungle Cruise myself... if only to give the attraction a soundtrack! I think most of the skippers are up to the task of learning a whole "holiday routine" to go along with a makeover. I'd say it's as easy as letting Simba take over the jungle!
Matterhorn could be cool, too (But if they're gonna hit a mountain, I'd rather see Big Thunder covered in snow, or Grizzly River Run pick up a holiday theme).
I definately think 2003 will see a "Pooh Christmas" =)
Love to hear your thoughts...

Wonderful

AliKzam
11-25-2001, 10:41 PM
Big Thunder covered in snow? That would be awesome!
Let's see: Fantasyland has a holiday ride, New Orleans Square has a holiday ride, and Main Street is totally themed. That leaves Adventureland, Critter Country, Frontierland, Toontown, and the land that I think needs a boost the most-- Tommorowland.
It would be great if Tommorowland could have at least one good thing happen to it next year. At the moment, I don't know if that's going to happen. It's obvious nothing's going to happen to Star Tours anytime soon, especially if Lucas were to lure Pixar away from Disney. I imagine that could possibly break a couple ties-- which is exactly what Disney doesn't need. Autopia is already refurbished. Nothing will fix Innoventions, I don't even know if I want to know what they would do to Holiday it up. You could only do so much with the Astro Orbiter, and Honey I Shrunk the Audience is stuck. That leaves the coolest choice:
SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!
It would be wonderful if they could add some festive colors throughout the entire ride, and have a festive soundtrack that actually works. I'm not sure how they could retheme it, exactly, or how they could decorate the outside of it, but it would be welcome to a land in need.
They probably would wait on something like that, however, until after they (hopefully) fix it up for the 50th.

zapppop
11-25-2001, 10:50 PM
I would choose Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Dlandmom
11-25-2001, 10:57 PM
I'd like to see Tom Sawyer's Island done up in the holiday decorations of the period...not quite sure what that means, but someone could research what holidays were like back in those days.

tabacco
11-25-2001, 11:22 PM
I agree about Space Mountain. It would be really cool and probably not too difficult to do.

Jungle Cruise Holiday would be amusing, too, though. "And this, ladies and gentlement, is Trader Santa."

JRob2k1
11-26-2001, 12:01 AM
This was in another thread and mentioned by my good buddy Ralph:

An Enchanted Tiki Christmas....A good idea to restore some intrest back into the Tiki Room? I think so!

-JRob

tabacco
11-26-2001, 12:33 AM
That really would be neat, now that you mention it. Or now that Ralph mentioned it. Whatever :)

merlinjones
11-26-2001, 07:24 AM
The perfect attraction would be The Enchanted Tiki Room, hosting a "Mele Kalikimaka" celebration (as suggested in other threads). Perfect theme, great song ready-to-use, appropriate customs to enjoy (A Pirates Christmas is hard to swallow - - not every should do this). And a good excuse to budget in some TLC maintenence for Walt's tiki room.

cemeinke
11-26-2001, 08:01 AM
Hmmm, let's see--you could turn Space Mountain into a large Xmas tree. It's already kinda green. Follow that with an in-ride story of an Interplanetary Santa delivering presents to good aliens all over the universe.

How about Jurassic Christmas? Re-theme the train by placing Santa hats on all the Dinosaurs. Maybe even add some snow. It could be the "Dinosaurs Last Christmas."

Or maybe "Great Moments with Santa Clause" You could dress Abe up in a Santa Suit and include a pre-show complete with the homoerotic experience of having an elf blow in your ear.

I'll go have some coffee now ;)

Napsto
11-26-2001, 09:24 AM
sspace mountain is in the dark, you can't theme the darkness

Mad Madam Mim
11-26-2001, 09:53 AM
Originaly posted by Dlandmom
I'd like to see Tom Sawyer's Island done up in the holiday decorations of the period...not quite sure what that means, but someone could research what holidays were like back in those days.

That would be fabulous. It would be really amazing (although I doubt possible) if they could bring in a snow blower and cover the island with actual snow. Actually... KBF dose it in there camp snoopy... Maybe DL could do it....

Space mt.: That would look great if they could somehow take all those white stars, and make them red and green. Or create a Christmas Lazar show inside the ride with Christmas music coming out of the speakers.

As for critter country... I miss the country bear jamboree holiday show. But splash mt would be neat all done up.

Flubber
11-26-2001, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
How about Jurassic Christmas? Re-theme the train by placing Santa hats on all the Dinosaurs. Maybe even add some snow. It could be the "Dinosaurs Last Christmas."

HA! That's so funny/sad.

Flub

Julie
11-26-2001, 05:46 PM
I agree - the Tiki Room done up all Christmas style would be great. Speaking cost-wise, it probably wouldn't take that much, plus it would be a chance to remind all those who skip it, just how great it is. Plus, there could be some really great food tie-ins at the juice bar.

Another one I'd like to see all Christmas'd out would be: Peter Pan. Just to see all of London dressed up for Christmas. :D

Nigel2
11-26-2001, 09:44 PM
With the tiki room would there be original songs, older songs that are made tropical or a mixutre? Also Space mtn, would be nice but the back story would be kind of silly since sm never have a story and odds are other plantets wouldn't celebrate christmas.

Not Afraid
11-26-2001, 09:47 PM
Its nice to know my husband can still make me laugh after 17 years. I'll never ride the train again without seeing Santa hats on the dinosaur's heads:D . Too silly!

Morrigoon
11-26-2001, 10:43 PM
I think doing Tiki over in a Mele Kalikimaka opens up a world of humorours opportunities. They could go totally retro with the whole tiki/googie/lounge thing. Imagine... using all the cheesy holiday goodies of the 50's and 60's in there. Of course the 4 stars should keep their accents/personalities. So you've got Jose singing Feliz Navidad, the German parrot (name?) doing O Tannenbaum, the French parrot doing whatever French parrots do (just kidding, you get the point), and the British (Michael?) parrot doing some charming English ditty like Here We Come a Wassailing (which young kids will hear as here we come a waffling as surely as they hear cinnamon toast and tacos ;) but hey that's what childhood memories are made of)

Barring a tiki makeover, wow, umm... running out of not previously suggested ideas here.... how about Autopia? Wouldn't be MUCH of a makeover, but it would be cute to drive through Santa Goofy's winter wonderland :D (Incidentally, I think they should install radios on those cars and pump out some driving music, which would be truly cool at xmas when they could play xmas driving music ;)

AliKzam
11-26-2001, 11:46 PM
If they got all cheesy 50s and stuff, the Dole stand could sell... Fruitcake!!! With little bits of Dole pineapple.

tabacco
11-27-2001, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by AliKzam
If they got all cheesy 50s and stuff, the Dole stand could sell... Fruitcake!!!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

[vBcode fixed around quoted material. -- Lani]

Crazytigger
11-27-2001, 12:56 AM
I agree with the Tikki Room. I can never get anybody to go there with me. But I go anyways I love it.

mcampisi
11-27-2001, 01:12 PM
Star Tours. FINALLY we can go to Hoth (snowy). Or actually GET to Endor in time for a Holiday celebration.

The problem in Tomorrowland is that rides like IASW and the HM are slower rides that can show more inside and out. Star Tours or Space Mountain can only be changed so much. Sitting inside the ride watching a semi holiday themed film isn't as exciting as walking around the mansion or seeing the lights outside of Small World.

Not Afraid
11-27-2001, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by mcampisi

The problem in Tomorrowland is that rides like IASW and the HM are slower rides that can show more inside and out. Star Tours or Space Mountain can only be changed so much. Sitting inside the ride watching a semi holiday themed film isn't as exciting as walking around the mansion or seeing the lights outside of Small World.

I totally agree! You really need a slow ride to get the bang for the overlay buck and increase draw (which is what Disney is trying to do, obviously)

Ace
11-27-2001, 03:13 PM
I think they should take out innoventions, put in the peoplemover again... oh. holidayyyyyy. riiight. uhhh..... the peoplemover cars would be green and red for a week.

I like the Santa hat idea... one on a skeleton in POTC, one on a dinosaur, one on a skeleton in Indy, one on the Abominable Snowman in MH, a tiny christmas tree in Storybook, and finally, redecorate the final showboat scene in Splash Mountain.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-27-2001, 05:03 PM
i think that covering big thunder with snow would be AWESOME!! if you think about it matterhorn is already christmas themed, it has snow doesnt it!

Lani
11-27-2001, 05:15 PM
I'd nominate Splash Mountain. There are a lot of characters that can dress up in holiday clothing, but what I'd want to see is the storyline. Seeing as Splash Mountain is based in the South, the story could be about a freak snow storm that comes through the mountain. The top of the mountain can be covered in snow and of course this will give everyone in the mountain something exciting to talk about.

Instead of the mom recounting the tale of Brer Rabbit to her kids, she can be telling a tale about St. Nick or something.

"Anywhere but the briar patch!" could be changed to reflect something about turning Brer Rabbit into a big snowball avalanche... and as you get to the top, you find out the sun is shining, and it is quickly melting the snow! This means that instead of the sled ride you thought you were getting, it turns into a big slush water ride!

The last area after the big drop could be all the characters singing a Christmas song but peeling off their big overcoats because it's warming up.

[Although I do agree that Tiki Room would be a GREAT idea as well!]

AliKzam
11-27-2001, 10:30 PM
You know what would've made a great candidate for a holiday makeover? "America Sings". That would've been awesome. Could you imagine a turtle that bore a strange resemblance to Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas"? And the old nag looking like Judy Garland, singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"? Shoot, the ride was narrated by Berle Ives. I bet they could've worked "Holly Jolly Christmas" in there, somewhere.
Oh well. At least (most of) the figures were placed in an equally wonderful attraction. I guess it's too late for that idea. They're lucky. But man, it could've been good!:(