PDA

View Full Version : Eisner's sub ride through

ralfrick
10-11-2004, 04:13 PM
This was posted on the www.wdwmagic boards today:
"A few days ago it was announced that Eisner and his buds took a look at some protype conecpts inside a sub at Disneyland California's submarine voyage. He approved it!"

Has this actually happened? I know he was scheduled to ride through this month, but I can't find anything else anywhere to even indicate that he's been in the park within the last few days, much less announced the sub's approval.

Cheers.

Disney Vault
10-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Do you think Eisner is trying harder and kind of turning around now that he knows so many people hatted him? Maybe he is getting better because he doesnt want to go out as the bad guy. Any thoughts?

sediment
10-11-2004, 05:45 PM
I'll wait for a reliable source. Uncredentialed people posting on the internet don't know anything. It's possible, but anything with Eisner's blessing makes me uneasy.

sdfilmcritic
10-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I just hope this doesn't mirror a presidentail election when the person currently in office waits until his term is almost up before he decides to something with his term.

splashmtngurl
10-11-2004, 06:41 PM
well i am keeping my fingers crossed. I am excited for hte subs to open, to bad though that they most likley wont be open when we go on our trip in may!

ModHatter
10-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I saw this posted on another site. Sounded like someone probably read the wdwmagic rumor. They didn't have any Eisner pictures, what time of day, or anything to indicate they had first-hand knowledge of said visit, yet they claimed the Nemo theme had been greenlit.

MAYbe it happened, but I'd think that, since this visit supposedly happened on a Saturday, there would have been more Eisner sightings, even in the unlikely event that it was done after park hours, since there would have been CMs nearby theoretically.

DrIndianaJones
10-11-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm sure Al Lutz will tell us.:)

ralfrick
10-12-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm sure Al Lutz will tell us.:)
Today's update from Al says "Submarine Voyage awaiting formal approval from Eisner and Iger". Someone on a www.disneyforever.com board said, without naming a source, "The Submarie Voyage is unoffically make a return to Disneyland! Michael Eisner has given the Green Light to BRING THEM BACK!", so maybe that's what the wdwmagic poster considers an "announcement". To me, an "announcement" has to be a little more than that.

Cheers.

stan4d_steph
10-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Sounds feasible. From what I saw of the subs, it looks like they had one sub all set up to simulate what you would see if you were riding. Just remember, the sign says they are "Imagineering a new Idea." An idea does not necessarily mean a new attraction.

ModHatter
10-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen any reliable announcement yet. Of course, if the other person on that board is to be believed, s/he was supposed to get an invite to Eisner's walkthrough today. We'll see.

Except, if it's not too late, NO NEMO!

Hakuna Makarla
10-26-2004, 07:14 PM
question... how many people fit into these subs, and does any one know when they will be running?

SoCalSteven
10-26-2004, 10:44 PM
question... how many people fit into these subs, and does any one know when they will be running?
I seem to remember at least a couple dozen people riding in a sub, maybe 30+ even. Been a long time since I rode them though...

As for when, no one knows!

King of the Frogs
10-27-2004, 05:08 AM
They weight 54 tons, and are 52 feet long.

CONNCR
10-27-2004, 06:29 AM
question... how many people fit into these subs...

Each sub holds 38 people, 19 per side.

Andrew
10-27-2004, 06:55 AM
They weight 54 tons, and are 52 feet long.
... and can jump 25 feet!

stan4d_steph
10-27-2004, 07:14 AM
... and can jump 25 feet!Isn't that amazing?

disneyscott
10-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Isn't that amazing?
"not somthing you see every day":D

Mark Goldhaber
10-27-2004, 03:29 PM
... and can jump 25 feet!
"...look at the bones!"

"That rabbit is dynamite!"

What? :geek: ;)