PDA

View Full Version : Inside Sleeping Beauty Castle?

Pages : [1] 2

figmentspark
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
I know the inside of Sleeping Beauty Castle has been closed for a long time but here are some questions.
What (if anything) are they doing in there?
Does anybody know if any plans have been made to reopen for the 50th?
I was just curious.
Thanks!

merlinjones
10-11-2004, 09:53 AM
I wish they would do something....

Viva La Disney
10-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Last year I asked a CM (because it had been closed for a while) and I'm pretty sure they said it'll be on a refurb untill 2005 for the 50th.

Disney Vault
10-11-2004, 03:11 PM
It would be a nice surprise to have something in there for the 50th.

Emma
10-11-2004, 03:13 PM
It's sad, but I'd be really surprised if they every opened the walk through again...

I think they're worried it's too big a target for terrorists ever since 9/11. :|

sediment
10-11-2004, 03:25 PM
It would be a lot easier to attack Disneyland and the castle from the air, not from inside, especially if there's no need for an escape route.

Disneyfreak
10-11-2004, 03:48 PM
It would be a lot easier to attack Disneyland and the castle from the air, not from inside, especially if there's no need for an escape route.

?????? what the heck are you talking about, it is the complete opposite. Terrorists can easily slip a bomb into the castle and remote detonate. As soon as no one is looking slip it into one of the displays and there you go. I mean it would be a horrible thing and I actually think it is a good idea that they keep it closed.

sediment
10-11-2004, 03:56 PM
They could do that in many places inside Disneyland. Two security persons, who would have to be there anyway to sweep for Weapons of Mass Tongue-Action, could do the job, watching for suspicious characters.
Matter of fact, it's possible they could sneak down there undetected right now, since no one's watching.

I'm thinking a few helicoptors swooping in low from who-knows-where could simply drop stuff from the air. Sure, it's a no-fly-zone, but these people wouldn't be too concerned about breaking that rule, or being shot down.

Disneyfreak
10-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes they could do it in many places at Disneyland, but which icon do you think they would go after if they only had one choice?

sediment
10-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Castle, from the air.
There are plenty of other, more iconic icons than Disneyland. Disneyland affects one corporation, some random guests. Seems a bit too "personal," and the personal issue doesn't exist. Not with terrorists. Random crazy people: sure. Lots of personal issues there.

DisneylandForever
10-11-2004, 04:14 PM
What I don't get is, can't they just drop the bomb off underneath the castle as they walk through it? There's that part where the chains are to "raise the drawbridge." I mean, couldn't they just put it down there? That would probably do the trick. Heck, they could even stand in front of it and throw a few grenades up on the 2nd level or something. I know the walk-through was closed after 9/11, but if a terrorist wanted to blow up the castle, the walk-through being closed probably wouldn't stop him. JMO.

Disney Vault
10-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Terrorist would want to do more damage than just a little castle imo. I dont think this is a very serious threat. But they also cant let their guard down.

Disneyland2004
10-11-2004, 05:28 PM
i think they should just make it into a new ride. i never really like that walk-thru. they should also bring back the rocket rods.. those were sooo cool, come on anyone second that... rocket rods...bring them back!!

SallySkellington
10-11-2004, 06:08 PM
I second the return of the Rocket Rods! :D

sediment
10-11-2004, 06:13 PM
If they can be installed properly (brand new track, with banks, a little more reinforcement, etc.), then I see no reason for them not to be there.
I went on them once. It was not worth the hour-long wait, and the queue theming did not make it any easier, either.

Disneyland2004
10-11-2004, 06:17 PM
lol, the wait in line may not be like the wait in the "indiana jones" ride but still it was the fastest ride in the park it just needed a little more TLC. who knows, maybe it might come back in the near future, the tracks are still there. and by the way, what is going on in tomarrowland anyways, what are they building across from star tours?

rentayenta
10-11-2004, 06:20 PM
The walk-thru with the diorama was 10x better than Rocket Rods. Apparently though, the powers that be think they both sucked as they are both gone :rolleyes:

Rocket Rod's was okay but I think the Buzz ride will be better.

SallySkellington
10-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Are you all thinking of a different queue? The Rocket Rods had blacklights. Blacklights rule! :geek:

SCUBAbe
10-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Yes they could do it in many places at Disneyland, but which icon do you think they would go after if they only had one choice?

The one that would kill the most people with it.

ModHatter
10-11-2004, 07:08 PM

Good point. Do you want to have one clear target and police it, or close your main target and have who knows how many secondary targets to try to keep an eye on atr once?

Of course, I could be very flip and suggest they close Disneyland since the whole thing is a target, thus diverting guests to DCA. But I know too many people from this board alone who would be all too happy to bomb there.

I'd like to see the Castle open again, but I suspect the closest we'll get to that is having The Kiss in the Emporium window. (Long overdue, what with the DVD release a while back.) But, if there's not a Sleeping Beauty ride to replace it, I maintain that there should be a big all-inclusive Princesses ride. The cheaper alternative is improving security and reopening the walkthrough.

Tigertail777
10-11-2004, 11:13 PM
oh.. well if we are going for the target that would kill the most people and devastate and shock everyone, I would have to say the Matterhorn would be far better. Its higher and and the first thing you see approaching Disneyland, not to mention all that concrete tumbling in all directions at its base; it overshadows quite a few other attractions and I venture to say would actually take out part of the castle with it. There is also the Small World ride; all jokes aside, think how devastating it would be to have a ride blown up thats dedicated to the idea of world peace, and which families almost exclusively ride.

So does the Matterhorn have a major amount of security all around it? I know there are several acess places for cast members that in times past have been mostly unguarded, so has that changed? Is the Small World ride even watched much at all?

Or is maybe perhaps the castle terrorists excuse, just an excuse to close a attraction that took too many people to man, and therefore in managements eyes expendable?

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
10-12-2004, 08:05 AM
wow...

i cant believe peopleare honestly discussing which ride would kill the most people or be the biggest target...

hahaha although modhatter has a good point, although i dont really see anything wrong with DCA

tink1234
10-12-2004, 11:53 AM
wow...

i cant believe peopleare honestly discussing which ride would kill the most people or be the biggest target...

CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!

CoasterChickie
10-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I can't remember the title of this thread. Oh yeah, "Inside Sleeping Beauty Castle." I love the original walk through...I hope they keep it exactly the same. I like the new location of the Heraldry Shoppe...it has a lot more room to walk around. Maybe they'll put something new in its original location.

dlandnut
10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
i think they should just make it into a new ride. i never really like that walk-thru. they should also bring back the rocket rods.. those were sooo cool, come on anyone second that... rocket rods...bring them back!!

No, no, no!!! The Rocket Rods were the most pathetic ride in the history of DL!!! Bring back the PeopleMover!!! :)