PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Time At The Disneyland Resort!

DezineWiz
10-10-2004, 03:58 PM
This is something that I recently sent to guest relations via e-mail, to the Disneyland Resort. Check it out! It would be great to hear people's feedback!

ATTENTION:
Matt Ouimet, Anne Hamburger, Bruce Healey, Disneyland Entertainment, Walt Disney Imagineering Small Projects, Guest Relations, and all other concerned parties :

Hello! My name is Daniel Rappaport, and I am currently a graphic design student at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, an annual passholder to the resort, and someone who cares about the goings-on of Disney, and all that they do!

I am so glad that the Haunted Mansion Holiday is being brought back for another glorious year, and that it's magic has made it to other theme parks around the world! If only I could go! I am very much looking forward to further holiday magic at the resort, this year!

With that in mind, when I visited http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/genPage?id=Halloween2004Page - I was a bit misl-lead. I had thought, or assumed that the same type of brilliant make-over that has happened with the Haunted Mansion might possibly have made it's way over to the Tower of Terror. I am not necessarily saying that Jack should hop over to the Tower, but, rather, interesting thoughts of a "Holiday Tower of Terror" came to mind. While I understand that you are attempting to lump both attractions in to a "scary" category, for those of us familiar enough with what you all do, it was a bit miss-leading. As well, the commercials and billboards you folks have containing the Haunted Mansion ghosts don't really make much sense, considering Jack is currently the star. While the ghosts act as a very nice "worm-on-a-hook", with the idea to draw people in, and "catch" them within the walls of Disneyland, I might propose a questions as to how much sense it makes, with Haunted Mansion Holiday in context.

Also, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO A D.C.A. HOLIDAY SHOW?!! While the majority of you may be currently cringing over the failure of Lumin-Aria (personally, I LOVED the show. I am glad that it at least lives on in music sales!) , why not re-think, re-budget, and re-plan? Wouldn't you like more guests at D.C.A.? I am sure most of you know about the Company’s recent acquisition of the Muppets? Why not celebrate that?! (Muppet Christmas Carol on the water?) You already have the Muppet Vision 3-D tie in. I suppose, you could do many things... I really do believe that D.C.A. needs it's "Fantasmic!". Fantasmic! is immensely successful, because of it's one of a kind unique-ness, technology, and (before Florida), being something that no one else could ever have. One might argue that Lumin-Aria is too similar in form, or is too similar in concept to Illuminations in EPCOT. As well, it had a bit of a preachy feel to it, which might have turned guests off. With something like the Muppets, you are taking more of a character based perspective that people already know and love.

Alas, I am sure that ideas such as these come up in the war rooms at T.D.A.,yearly.

Please understand, I make no claims to any of this, as you already own everything I have mentioned anyway.

In any case, here's to wishing, and all the best!

Magically Always,

Daniel

http://homepage.mac.com/dezinewiz/PhotoAlbum30.html