PDA

View Full Version : Last Visit to DL?

twinmama1999
10-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Okay, we're gearing up for our trip to DL on October 23. I can't wait, I think I'm more excited than the kids are.

Anyway, this got me thinking of our last visit to the park and what made it special to me.

What I'm wondering is when was your last visit to the park and what made it special for you?

My dh and I last visited the park in April 1998 (before children). What made it special for us was being able to act like kids for a few days. It seems when you walk through the gates of DL everything changes. You see everything in a different light. We hadn't been to DL since we were kids and it was very special for us to just take a few days and relive our childhood.

I can't wait to see my kiddos' faces when we walk into DL. I'm so looking forward to experiencing it with them now.

Anyway, I thought I'd see what everyone else had to say.

Thanks,

Earkid
10-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Last visit was week of 9/13/04. DH and I have no kids so we took our niece(7) and nephew(2.5) as well as their dad and grandma. We were afraid that the little one whould scream on all the rides or just refuse to go on them. NOPE, he went on every ride we could take him on and loved it. The 7 yo is a dare devil. She went on TOT 5 times and was really upset when she wasn't tall enough to do Screamin'. We had such a great time. They loved the Electrical Parade.

Stayed at PPH with an upper park view. The kids would look out the window more than they watched cartoons. Very good time.

Before you go you may want to show your kids online pics of the refurb going on, especially the castle. It can be a little disappointing to walk down Main Street expecting to get that castle "rush" and instead it is all wrapped up in a blue tarp.

DH and I are AP holders and will be going back to see the Christmas lights Dec8-11. We love taking the kids but we also love the "just us" trips too, especially when DL is all decked out for the holidays.

Have a great trip and don't forget to eat a churro (or 5).

rentayenta
10-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Good thread!

Our last visit was late March 2004. This was my son's first memorable visit. He was 3 months on his prior visit.

The look in his eyes when he saw Buzz on stage was priceless. He sat, mouth agape, for the whole show. He got Buzz's autograph and gave him the biggest hug.

My 5 y/o is extremely petite. When she made the height requirement for Soarin' (wearing her 2.5 inch chunky heels) the CM and nearby guests in line started cheering for her. She felt really big.

We were in Toontown close to closing time and it was empty. We experienced incredible character interaction with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald.

DL with kids is so wonderful. There are so many great moments with them from seeing their favorite character to getting special attention from a CM.

Have a great trip!

Wendi
10-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Our last trip was in October of 2002. Met up with about 11 families/friends who all had one-year-olds and celebrated their Birthdays together. It was fabulous!!! I love everything about Disneyland (except for the price of food), just turning into a kid again when I walk through those gates is enough to keep me coming back. I am very overdue for a visit, so I just can't wait... 20 more days!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-10-2004, 10:43 AM
The last time I was in DL was October 2003. Hubby and I went alone (our kids are grown) and we acted like kids ourselves! (No, we weren't obnoxious! ha!) We ate corn dogs, caramel apples, rocky road candy and churros. (And more!!) We left our troubles at the parking lot, not thinking about problems with family illness, job loss, etc. We just had a wonderful week of fun and laughter. We cannot wait to return for the 50th anniversary next year! I've been going since the 60's and took my kids there when they were growing up, it's fun now that hubby and I still want to go alone! That is the magic of DL! :)

CarlieB
10-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Our last trip was last November. It was special because it was our first trip during the holiday season. I loved all the decorations and the holiday fireworks...Disneyland is extra special (if that is possible) during the holidays, imho:)

PsychDoc
10-10-2004, 12:44 PM
I just went a few weeks ago (September 17-19). It was a very special trip as it was a "mommy and me" trip for just my oldest daughter who was turing 11. I guess it was sort of for my 35th which was on the 29th. I let her choose the hotel. She loves the DL Hotel "because it's original." We usually stay at the cheaper/smaller PP. I ordered her a special birthday basket full of Pooh and Tigger presents and ballons. She pretty much ran the show by choosing which resturants to eat at and which rides to go on next. We even went to the Happiest Birthdays on Earth. That Pat-e-Cake guy is a freak, but very funny and entertaining. She loved it. I'm planning a Christmas trip in early Decemeber with my parents and both of my kids (the youngest is 2).

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-10-2004, 01:13 PM
We were there for a week in late May.
It was my second son's first visit, he was 10 months old! We also got our APs then!

rentayenta
10-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Hi PsychDoc, I'm glad you guys had a good time with your DD and what a great way to celebrate her bday! Were there any characters at Pat E Cake bday celebration? We will be having a bday there in Dec.

Thanks.

kohl
10-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Our last trip was August 2004. The thing I will never forget is my dad going on TOT. He went on it because my kids wanted him to go (He will do anything for his grandkids!). He was laughing the whole time, but said it was the scariest thing he has every done. That was his 1st and last time on TOT!
We are cointing down the days till our trip Nov. 28-Dec 3. YEAH!!!!!!!

Susan L
10-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Our last visit was Feb 2003. We took my nephew who was 11 at the time he had never been before. It was very exciting for him. My son age 16 at the time and daughter age 14 at the time had a wonderful time showing their cousin around the park. It was a great family time. We had so much fun. The only ride he didn't care for was IASW, to baby for him. He will be so disappointed that it is down for rehab ha ha ha. We stayed at the PPH and had a great view of the park and even got to see the DEP from our room the last night we were there.

Our next trip is Oct 22 and we are again taking my nephew he is 12 now and son is 17 and daughter is going to be 16. We will be celebrating her birthday while we are down there. Birthday dinner will be at Medieval Times. This time will again be new for nephew because he has never seen the HMH. So that should be fun. We are staying at the DLH this time, number one reason its closer to the monorail. We like the PPH but the walk back from the monorail after a long day and night isn't fun.

We always meet up with my younger sister and her clan. They live 20 minutes south of Disneyland. We try to go once a year. This trip is way over due going on 18 months I'm having Disney withdrawals for sure. I don't know about anyone else but, Disneyland is the best therapy in the world. I wish we could go more often. Like I did when I was a kid. We lived in LA area.

missm
10-10-2004, 03:27 PM
My last trip to DLR was March of this year. What made it special was that my mom took me for my 25th birthday. Also since mom paid for everything but my souveniers and some food, I could afford to dine in nice restaurants and get lots of souveniers. My mom is truely amazing also and I love going on trips with her. My uncle joined us for the first half of the trip, that made it special because we don't see him very often. Also we got to spend a few days in Palm Springs and shop alot. Since we spent 5 days at DL and DCA we went on tons of rides many many times. I got my mom to ride CS which was REALLY special. I can't wait until my next trip. 51 days until a churro and mocha.

squuggy
10-11-2004, 11:22 AM
My best friend and I returned from our visit October 6th. One of the things that made this trip special was all the help and advice from MPers. Your sage counsel was truly helpful. Other special things: dining at the Blue Bayou, Lots of Photograph taking, meeting Mickey Mouse, perfect weather, small crowds, I could go on and on. In short the best trip ever!

jennyren
10-11-2004, 11:49 AM
My last visit was yesterday! It was one of the most memorable trips ever! My little sister came down to visit me and we went all day! We just ran from ride to ride with no worries! Quite a change from college life...Plus I got my AP :D