PDA

View Full Version : a couple fantasmic questions...

splashmtngurl
10-09-2004, 11:45 AM
1- I was just wondering, did the dragon in fantasmic ever used to be in a different place? for some reason i recall it coming out from behind a bunch of trees off to the side of the island and i was looking in my 45th aniversery pictorial souvenier book and the picture seems to depict the same thing. Am i mistaken or was the dragon moved to center stage for the show?

2- i know that there has been alot of talk about this but i was wondering about the ursula platform for fantasmic. What exactly was it? why was it taken out? could it ever be brought back to the show? did it add alot to the show? is it in the show at WDW? i know thats alot of questions, lol, but fantasmic is like my favorite show at DL and i was curios as to its history.

3- does anyone know where i could download a fantasmic cellphone ringer tone or any other DL music?

Thanks everyone!!

disneyperson
10-09-2004, 11:56 AM
I haven't noticed that the dragon moved, but I could be wrong. Ursula was very cool indeed. She was a giant inflatable that wriggled as she floated across the scene on the same path the rafts take. I miss her a lot. Sorry, can't help you with the phone.

splashmtngurl
10-09-2004, 12:00 PM
lol thanks. perhaps it just depends on the angle you sit at. In 2000, when i first saw it was when i recall it being in a different spot. I dont remmeber about 2001 but when we went last may i thought it was in a different place.

So ursala was a ginat inflatable then, eh? did she look real? was the show any different before she was removed? does anyone know why she was taken away? i heard something about a platform rotting away, does that have anything to do with her?

FantasmicFanatic
10-09-2004, 12:01 PM
1. The Dragon has always been in the same place. It has to come out from under the stage and then unfold into full size.

2. Ursalwas pretty darn cool. Big and scaryish with moving arms and glowing eyes. It will cost 1 million dollars to fix her bardge, so don't expect here to ever return :-(

3. If you find that ringtone, LET ME KNOW!!!! note what my nickname is....hehehe.

Hope this helps

FF

splashmtngurl
10-09-2004, 12:06 PM
lol thanks. Guess i am just a freak for thinking it was in a different place.

I hope i can find that ringtone, i will look around.

I think it would be really neat if they could fix ursula up. 1 million isnt to bad, is it? j/k but hey, you never know, cm matt has already done alot maybe he would consider bringing her back...i guess i can hope!!!

FantasmicFanatic
10-09-2004, 12:40 PM
I know, I really miss her. Does anyone know of a way we could rquest it? Maybe start a lil MousePlanet petition thingie? Ursula for the 50th!!!!!

FF

splashmtngurl
10-09-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah that would be awesome. Oh go to this site and search fantasmic

http://www.matrixm.com/asp/media/ringers/?genreid=995&mediatype=9&sortid=3&searchtype=artist&searchtext=disney&page=1

you hsould get a ringer tone

RocketRob
10-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Go to www.3gforfree.com

I downloaded several Disneyland ringtones for free from that site.