PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider Lines

Pages : [1] 2

FredofLasVegas
11-25-2001, 03:46 PM
Hi Everybody,

I was just at DL resort the other day (Friday) and spent all day going back and forth between DL and DCA. With the use of FastPass and the (did not know about) single rider lines, I was able wait in minimal lines.

I'm surprised that single rider lines are hardly, if ever, mentioned on this board. They had single riders lines on Maliboomer, and Mulholland Madness at DCA which I would not have bothered to ride otherwise at the lines were very LONG! Later that evening I rode Soarin' over California. After waiting almost an hour for it, I discovered that it too had a single rider line. Arghh!!

Does anyone know what other attractions at DL and DCA have single rider lines? I know Rocket Rods did, and Indiana Jones still does, but what else?

I really love single rider lines---they are more fair, IMO, that Fast Pass is, although I can see why they don't announce it. I mean if seats are going empty, certainly there are people would love to grab them. And it's a great way to keep lines down.

I think Six Flags parks should try single rider lines first over their stupid and totally unfair Fast Lane. SF charges for Fast Lane and all it does is simply let you cut in line whenever you want. Hey if they wanted to still charge--have single riders pay $1 to use it---at least they will be filling in empty seats, rather than take away seats from those waiting.

I think the single rider line is one great thing Disney is doing today! Hopefully they can use it for many other attractions that frequently have empty seats.

dcadon
11-25-2001, 04:13 PM
There is a reason we don't talk about single rider lines. Shhhhh!
Seriously, they are great. I never would have ridden the Rods as much as I did without them. Test Track at Epcot uses them and they are great there. I've noticed the Single lines at Test Track are longer than our single lines here.
And Kevin Yee said it wouldn't work on Indy!

-DCADon

Ace
11-25-2001, 05:20 PM
How exactly does the single rider line work on Indy? Someone tell me! this changes all my plans! (actually, it does...)

Indy is the only ride that this really makes sense on, no one wants to have to be crunched into a stranger on SM, MM, or TM, same for HM and SM, and the other rides with segmented seats are generally never crowded.

zapppop
11-25-2001, 06:13 PM
I've tried it but I find that fastpass is better.
Besides, when I go to Disneyland I'm in no rush and it's not too busy right now anyway.

mad4mky
11-25-2001, 06:52 PM
I never use it...but at WDW it is used a lot!

tabacco
11-25-2001, 07:18 PM
For Indy, they give you a Single Rider pass and pretty much treat you like a SAP guest from then on. You go up the exit, up and over int he elevators, and then they have you wait til there's a space in the car.

TimBuk2
11-25-2001, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the single rider tip on Indy. I'll have to try it.

As for Soarin'...that works pretty good, as long as you don't have a CM that makes you wait for 2 rides. There were 90 or so people that were in line that got in before me. Most of the time it works fine. But as like tonight, it was a long line inside, even for the fastpass. We just passed and went to Millionaire. Got on the board 3 of 4 times...Havent' made it to the hotseat yet. D/L was a zoo, especially the lines to get the APs re-done. Probably at least 1 hour. Going back tomorrow.

Thanks Again!
:cool:

Julie
11-26-2001, 06:17 PM
I've found that the single rider lines are often the best way to go, even if you're with a big group. Especially on Soarin', since the fastpass return time is often several hours away. Yesterday, I was there with 4 other people, and we all managed to get on within 15 minutes. The SR line at Muhulland is pretty good too - they often put my whole party together in the same car in very little time!

mrfantasmic
11-26-2001, 06:42 PM
Now, this is against the rules, but what if you and your brother wanted to do the single ride thing...
How far apart would you be from each other?

Nigel2
11-26-2001, 09:51 PM
It usually depends on the ride, indy you may be put in the same car, soarin' usually you are at least 1 show apart, out of all the SR lines soarin' is usually the worst since it can be a wait of up to 3 or 4 shows depending on the amount of people and they usually only let 1 or 2 on from the sr line.

coronamouseman
11-26-2001, 11:47 PM
Single rider line for Test Track was terrific this past April - went on TT 3 times using single line to once (with FP) with everyone together (4 of us).

Didn't know they had single line for Indy but that could make sense - usually at least one empty seat per car ........

Can't think of too many other rides except Space Mountain where singles line could be used - might be asking too much to have strangers pack together tightly on Splash Mountain or Matterhorn where the seating arrangement is a little more "personal"

On the other hand, perhaps a new "marketing tool" for the young and single crowd in the spirit of some of those inane "reality" shows popping up regarding cohabitation houses or blind dates .............. a "singles mixer line" where young single folks on the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain are mixed together randomly to see what might happen ............ version 2 of this "attraction attraction" will be to have a guest professional matchmaker each day who pairs up the guests .............

Crazytigger
11-27-2001, 01:07 AM
I think the single rider lines are great when i want to ride certain things, but usually when I am at DLR if the line is to long I pass it up. I am in no hurry, and have been on eveything plenty of times as i am sure all of you have.

JeffG
11-27-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
Now, this is against the rules, but what if you and your brother wanted to do the single ride thing...
How far apart would you be from each other?

There are no rules against groups using the single rider line. You just have to be willing to accept that you likely will not get to sit together.

On "Soarin'", the chances are pretty good that you will be in the same showing, just seated in different areas. On the other rides, you probably will be two or three vehicles apart at the most.

-Jeff

MouseWife
11-27-2001, 02:53 PM
Okay, this is great. I have a sister who goes to places alone all of the time. I would love to give her the tip of how to get on the rides more quickly.

Help me!

:confused:

How do you go about it and do you know specifically the rides?

Will all of the CM's know what she is talking about or will they just say Step aside please?

Thanks!

TimBuk2
11-27-2001, 02:58 PM
Single Rider Lines

So far I know that at D/L Indiana Jones has it. And at DCA Mulholland Madness, Soarin' Over CA, and Maliboomer have it. Just go up to the main entrance to each ride and tell them you are a single rider.

That's the only rides I know of that have single rider lines. Or you could always ask at City Hall at D/L or at the Info booth at DCA. They should have a list of all.

Have Fun ! :p

Ace
11-27-2001, 03:07 PM
I heard that the Indy single rider line is not always in service....when do they close it, and would it beopen...say, the 9th of December? just a random date....

MouseWife
11-27-2001, 03:17 PM
Thanks, I completely forgot about asking at City Hall!

I also will check if they will give my Birthday Boy {my husband:) } a sticker to wear on his birthday!

hbquikcomjamesl
11-27-2001, 03:26 PM
Mulholland Mistake has a single rider line?!? And (if memory serves) Fastpass, too?!?:confused: Why??? It easily ties the Mission Tortilla Foolishness for the biggest embarrassment in the park, going far beyond SuperStar Lemon or the S.S. Rustbucket.

FredofLasVegas
11-27-2001, 04:27 PM
I have NO IDEA why they decided to put Fast Pass for Mulholland Madness---the ride has extremely low capacity as it is---and with Fast Pass it only makes the lines worse.

However, again I think having a single rider line for MM is GREAT! Because there are many seats that go empty, and why not fill them up if someone if available to take it?

Not that it really matters because, as Disney goes, MM is very lackluster. At most other parks MM would be decent at best. In fact, I can tell you about two mouse coasters that are much better in thrills and/or theming than MM. MM's theming is atrocious and it's color scheme makes it one of the ugliest coasters I have ever seen.

Disney Fan Matt
11-27-2001, 08:49 PM
I don't mind the single rider line for Mullholland Madness, but the problem is that you actually have to sit next to someone and accept the fact that you will be crushed by them on the turns!
I had a bad experience with this single rider line where I was seated with a.. very large lady.
Ouch...

The soarin single rider line moves really really slow. A lot of times it just makes me want to wait in stand by. It seems like they take about 2 people for every show.

I always use the Indy single rider line. It works great! :D

MonorailMan
11-28-2001, 06:24 AM
I'll have to try that single rider line, when me and my mom go to DLR.

Crazytigger
11-28-2001, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Mulholland Mistake has a single rider line?!? And (if memory serves) Fastpass, too?!?:confused: Why??? It easily ties the Mission Tortilla Foolishness for the biggest embarrassment in the park, going far beyond SuperStar Lemon or the S.S. Rustbucket.

Ihappen to like the mission tortilla factory thank you very much!

fredc
11-28-2001, 06:48 AM
No One has mentioned the Single Rider Line at Grizzly Rapids. Just ask Cast Member at entrance to stand by line.. I use the single rider line at soarin at least once a week. Only once this summer did I leave because it was too long.:)

MouseWife
11-28-2001, 07:59 AM
I will check out the Tortilla Factory, only because I want to see how it compares to the Tortillarias' in Tijuana. And to eat some fresh hot tortillas. :)

Good tip on Roaring Rapids {I hope I called it by the right name!}.
I know that my kids can use this AFTER I ride it once I will be done. They can continue.

Thanks!

Nigel2
11-28-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife

Good tip on Roaring Rapids {I hope I called it by the right name!}.
Thanks!
Sorry now you will have to be scolded, I cure you with breakdowns on the big rides right as you get to the front of the line. The strangest SR pass was for RR, you had to wait (depending on who was there) in the outdoor line till you got the the enterence to CV theater to get the SR pass. The reason that they won't give SR passes on attractions like soarn and indy is that they just run out and they have to wait for a cm to bring back the passes since they don't get them back instantly.