PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Tours

sierranevada
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know when (or if) they usually announce the Holiday Tour info? My sister, my eight yr old son and I will at DLR in December and are thinking of doing the tour.

The other tour we are thinking about is the new "Discover the Magic" tour. Has anyone done both? If so, would you recommend one over the other?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

AVP
10-07-2004, 07:36 PM
The holiday tours are supposed to start right after the Myths, Mysteries and Legends tours end, so there's the approximate timeline. I'd expect info to be available 30 days prior to the start date, so maybe next week?

AVP

oregontraveler
10-08-2004, 04:32 AM
That's good news for me too, I'll be there Nov. 22-24, fingers crossed. :cool:

sierranevada
10-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks, AVP, for the info. Since I am going back in Jan. also, maybe I can catch the M,M & L tour then.

Has anyone done both the Holiday Tour and Discover the Magic Tour? We (2 adults and an 8 yr old) are trying to decide between the two of them and would love to hear any MPer's comments and/or advice.

Thanks.

kohl
10-09-2004, 07:40 PM
We haven't done the Holiday Tour. Hoping to to do that this November.
We did the Discover the Magic tour and had a lot of fun. My kids really loved it and all the adults seemed to have a lot of fun too! (I know i did!)
They also gave us lunch at the Mexican restaurant in Disneyland (Can't think of the name) Don't want to give out some of the surprises, but my husband and I thought it was worth the money.

sierranevada
10-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks, Kohl. I would be interested in your comparison of the two tours after you take the Holiday Tour in November.

Niwel
10-11-2004, 10:46 AM
I got the word from City Hall that the Holiday Tour is scheduled to start Nov. 19 -- the same day the Christmas Fantasy parade is to begin. I think this is one of the best tours at DL and I look forward to it every year. This year will be my fourth -- Here's (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm) the article on No. 3.

Someone from MP will be doing a write up -- stay tuned.

sierranevada
10-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Niwel. Is it 30 days or 60 days out that you can book?

Niwel
10-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks, Niwel. Is it 30 days or 60 days out that you can book?

30 days -- so you can call for the first tour on Oct. 19 :)

ozbeauticn
10-14-2004, 09:09 PM
I got the word from City Hall that the Holiday Tour is scheduled to start Nov. 19 -- the same day the Christmas Fantasy parade is to begin. I think this is one of the best tours at DL and I look forward to it every year. This year will be my fourth -- Here's (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm) the article on No. 3.

Does the tour change each year? I did it last year with my boyfriend, so I don't know if my mom would be willling to spend money for me to go on a tour if its the same as before.

Niwel
10-14-2004, 09:36 PM
It has changed slightly every year ... one year we saw Minnie's Xmas party, last year I went during the day which is a totally different experience. Some of the decor changes... the treats might change and who knows what surprises they'll have. Maybe this year they'll add DCA since most people now have access to both parks (wishful thinking). So far I have no idea what will be offered. You might want to do Walk in Walt's Footsteps if you've never done it before and are interested in taking a tour (although I think it might be more expensive than Holiday).