PDA

View Full Version : Club Libby Lu will soft-open on Monday, 10/11

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
10-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I was told today that Club Libby Lu will soft-open on Monday, 10/11; the grand opening is scheduled for 10/16.

AVP

disneyperson
10-07-2004, 02:03 PM
arrgghhh! I'm so scared ! Run away, run far, far, away! I have a great photo of my daughter (the teenage goth) standing in front of the giant pink Libby Lu sign on Batsday. Priceless. If I can ever figure out how to go about doing it, I'll post it.

Darkbeer
10-07-2004, 02:49 PM
And I thought Pin trading was evil.......:eek:

But this new place... YIKES!!!!!:confused: :eek:

awinner
10-07-2004, 09:28 PM
I was told today that Club Libby Lu will soft-open on Monday, 10/11; the grand opening is scheduled for 10/16.

AVP
libby lu??? :confused:

AVP
10-07-2004, 09:30 PM
libby lu??? :confused:Click click click (http://www.clublibbylu.com/index.asp?template=index)

Wfoxx
10-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Be afraid! Be verrrry afraid! :eek: especially if you have daughters between the ages 5-12. They have make-up and other stuff for little girls. I've been in twice and gotten my girls outta there with little to no damage. They also have parties you can do there and make your daughter look like the next Brittany Spears. :eek: Then the girls go out and perform ala Brittney. It is soooooo scary and these Moms just eat it up.

TP2000
10-07-2004, 11:06 PM
October 11th, 2004 Club Libby Lu soft opens, and Orange County will have several dozen new young harlots created by the experts.

This Libby Lu place is terrifying.

CoasterChickie
10-07-2004, 11:11 PM
You mean none of the ladies or girls going to MA this weekend want to meet at Club Libby Lu for makeovers Monday morning? I think lisap really had her heart set on it! :fez: (Just kidding...please don't strangle me when we meet!!)

lisap
10-08-2004, 05:40 AM
You mean none of the ladies or girls going to MA this weekend want to meet at Club Libby Lu for makeovers Monday morning? I think lisap really had her heart set on it! (Just kidding...please don't strangle me when we meet!!)

I'll tell you my own personal name for that store when I see you. ;) I'm sure we'll peek in just for the same reason I slow down when I drive by a car wreck. :rolleyes:

Lani
10-08-2004, 09:08 AM
So am I to understand that I can go there, take my pick of different styles, add a heart, buy clothes for her, shoes for her, give her a name, get a certificate, and take her home in a cardboard box? This is Build-a-Barbie, right?

AVP
10-08-2004, 09:31 AM
This is Build-a-Barbie, right?No, Build-a-Barbie is across the way in the location formerly known as Build-a-Bear. (I'm sorry, but have you seen those creepy stuffed girls they are selling????)

The place we're talking about is Club Libby Lu, a.k.a. Build-a-Ho.

(No offense to the parents who CAN manage to get their daughters out of there without looking like the next pop trollop, but you are seemingly few and far between)

AVP

Wfoxx
10-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Don't do it Lisa. Just run on by what your girls don't know about Libby Lou's won't hurt them. :~D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-08-2004, 10:25 AM
That is just frightening. Looks like we will be taking the monorail to the park next time we stay at the DLH. There is no way I can even let my daughter see that place, she is all ready obsessed with hair and nails and such and she is only 3 1/2.

lisap
10-08-2004, 10:44 AM
My girls have already studied the huge posters that lined the storefront while it was being built. My youngest was very intrigued, but we have a "lipgloss only" rule with the exception being Halloween or a dance recital, so she doesn't anticipate being a customer. She would rather visit Marceline's next door anyhow ;).

tlovesdis
10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
My 5 year old niece and 10 year old cousin are looking forward to having a make-over when we go in December. I think it is just dress up, play time and it will be a lot of fun!

They are putting one in the mall near my house and my niece will probably have her 6th birthday party there.

I don't see anything wrong with it! My niece and cousin know it's pretend! Neither of them EVER wear make-up except when they are at home playing.

Just my opinion! Please don't attack me!!!!

Thanks!

Darkbeer
10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
^ Hey, it's your opinion, and nobody will attack you (I hope)...

But, playing "dress-up" at home is one thing, but this a Public setting..

How many of these girls will go to Disneyland right after getting "their faced painted like a...(there is a word I am not going to use, but I saw it earlier in this thread ;)

Or just walk up and down the mall shopping....

Like when the Cheerleading and Dance competitions are at the DLR, to see the young girls with their faces all made up, well, I keep my mouth shut, but it does "shock" me a bit...

IMHO, let them grow up at their own speed, not rush them into it...... Please don't attack me either :)

Hakuna Makarla
10-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey darkbeer, so thats what you look like, nice to know who 's post I read and photo's I look at. nice looking, thanks and oh great pic's :D

Darkbeer
10-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey darkbeer, so thats what you look like, nice to know who 's post I read and photo's I look at. nice looking, thanks and oh great pic's :D
Karla, I am confused, are you talking about my photo on my front page of smugmug? You know I had to pose in front of the dark beer tap at the Cove Bar...

And my team's name for Mouse Adventure... "The Cove Bar Beer Inspectors".....

Now back to the subject of taking photos...

It is going to be really strange having to take photos of the new shop (FYI, the construction walls were still up as of Thursday night....

TP2000
10-08-2004, 01:00 PM
I really feel that the bounds of what was once considered "good taste" have been crossed with a steamroller by this Club Libby Lu place.

A little girl playing dress up in the privacy of her own home at her mother's makeup table is cute and adorable. But to make these girls look like harlots and 20 year old trashy pop stars out in public, where hundreds of strangers gather in a mall to watch and observe, is simply sickening and horrifying.

And the practice of Club Libby Lu to hold these mall-stopping song and dance numbers where the newly minted harlots are paraded out into the mall to do their best Britney Spears impersonation is where it all falls apart IMO. There is no way anyone can convince me that is not horrifying public behavior that is setting those little girls up for a disastrous teenage phase.

I say good luck to those parents and gaurdians footing the Club Libby Lu bill, cause your precious little girl is learning some horific public behavior and morals there, with a goody bag to take home included in the price.

rentayenta
10-08-2004, 02:02 PM
My oldest DD is almost 8 and loves all the make-up etc. I am a very natural person, I rarely wear mascara and never wear lipstick. Lip gloss is my vice. I have no earthly idea how she came to love all of it. I will have to run from Libby Lu.

She loves to dress up and I allow lipgloss and nail polish- light colors only- when outside of the house.

Maybe she likes all the goop for the same reasons I wear none of it- my mother wears alot of makeup. I guess I need to start dolling up and then she'll hate the stuff.

ToursbabeC3po
10-08-2004, 02:43 PM
My Gay friend can't wait until this opens. Better watch out and not prance on his parade LOL.
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Tours

Hakuna Makarla
10-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Karla, I am confused, are you talking about my photo on my front page of smugmug? You know I had to pose in front of the dark beer tap at the Cove Bar...

And my team's name for Mouse Adventure... "The Cove Bar Beer Inspectors".....

Now back to the subject of taking photos...

It is going to be really strange having to take photos of the new shop (FYI, the construction walls were still up as of Thursday night....
Dark Beer
earlier you had a different site up telling about your self and a nice pic. I see its not there now, but any way you look like a nice guy. I enjoy readfing your posts and seeing the great pics.

sediment
10-08-2004, 05:55 PM
They also have parties you can do there and make your daughter look like the next Brittany Spears. :eek: Then the girls go out and perform ala Brittney.
Is there a wedding chapel inside? And a bar? Let's not do a cheap imitation of Britney, now.

sediment
10-08-2004, 06:00 PM
How many of these girls will go to Disneyland right after getting "their faced painted like a...
"...two-bit whore"?

To my non-existent daughter, while carrying her past it: "You're beautiful enough as it is."

Opus1guy
10-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh my God.

This is like Build-A-Bear...only they're doing it to their children!!

:(