PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade back to DL?

merlinjones
10-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Is the Main Street Electrical Parade moving back to Disneyland at some point? It belongs in the Magic Kingdom. I don't like to watch it at DCA...

AVP
10-07-2004, 10:40 AM
I've wondered if Ouimet would bring it back to Disneyland for the 50th, since the new parade is definitely a daytime parade. (I'm sure they could run it at night, but I wonder if it would "read" well in the dark.)

I could absolutely see them bringing the parade back to Disneyland to "celebrate the history of the Happiest Place on Earth." After all, it wasn't HIS decision to remove the parade anyway, and he could generate a lot of good will among fans by reversing the decision of the previous administration and bringing the parade back where it came from.

Heck, they could even let you exchange your "collectible" Electric Parade Lightbulb for admission to the park one night to see the return of the parade. That would further calm the protests from those who paid to see it "glow away forever."

AVP

mystycalchyk
10-07-2004, 10:42 AM
*hangs onto her collectible bulb*

Although I agree, I would like to see it back home in on Main Street in Disneyland...I'd rather have it in DCA than not at all.

jafar
10-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Parade of Dreams is designed to run at night; the floats have built-in lighting effects that will make the parade a special and unique experience at night.

bduff
10-07-2004, 11:33 AM
I know there are many traditionalists on this board who prefer all things DL over DCA, but as someone who just visited DLR for the first time since I was kid, with only very faded memories from the childhood visits, I found the DCA setting for the electrical parade was . . . magical! They had a band out warming up the gathering crowd over by the entrance. Sitting there with the illuminated Golden Gate bridge on one side, the entrance to the Hollywood section on another, the waterfountain/Sun thing on another . . . very nice. Then they dim some lights, and on comes the parade. I imagine it would be nice over on Main Street as well, but I sure enjoyed it at DCA.

Disney Vault
10-07-2004, 01:47 PM
I think it is fine having it at DCA and I cant wait to see the new parade at DL.

sami869
10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Don't kill me...I likeit better over at DCA. There is more room over there which makes for a much more enjoyable show.

Earkid
10-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I've seen the parade at both DL and DCA and quite frankly I don't see a difference. It's dark, the lights are off and then the parade comes. Same music, same floats. I don't even think about what park I'm in when I see it.

Come to think of it, I like it better in DCA for one reason..........more benches to sit on. No more sidewalk sitting for me.

SCUBAbe
10-07-2004, 05:49 PM
I love watching it at DCA much better than disneyland. I hope it stays right where it's at. :)

Disneyfreak
10-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Maybe they can find a way to show it at both parks at night. Maybe 8pm at DCA, and at 10pm at Disneyland. Find a way to drive them over.

Earkid
10-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Maybe they can find a way to show it at both parks at night. Maybe 8pm at DCA, and at 10pm at Disneyland. Find a way to drive them over.

That could be a parade all in itself!!

Bruce Bergman
10-07-2004, 07:31 PM

There is already a way to drive the floats between the parks. There's an underpass (I hesitate to call it a "Tunnel", but it does qualify) between roughly the back of Hollywood & Dine and the main employee entrance at Harbor House, it cuts under the east end of the main Bus Plaza. Look inside that big hedge at the end of the bus zone, you can see the ventilation fans hiding in the bushes.

The only sticking point would be the propulsion batteries on all the DEP floats being able to make the full DCA show trip, get over to DL, and do another show run at DL on one charge without any poop-outs.

Roughly another 2 miles of driving from the DCA float barn behind Paradise Pier, around the backside of Tower Of Terror, through the underpass, through another underpass to get under the DLRR and behind the DL "Old Administration Building", and around to the DL Town Square parade gates.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Opus1guy
10-07-2004, 10:08 PM
*hangs onto her collectible bulb*

Now there's an idea. For the Gala Re-Launch of the new Main Street Electrical Parade, anyone that brought their little "Farewell Performance" commemorative box with light bulb would be admitted free into the park that day, and at some ceremony would be permitted to plug their bulbs back into Elliot or something and contribute personally to the new parade back on it's old original route.

AVP
10-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Now there's an idea. For the Gala Re-Launch of the new Main Street Electrical Parade, anyone that brought their little "Farewell Performance" commemorative box with light bulb would be admitted free into the park that day, and at some ceremony would be permitted to plug their bulbs back into Elliot or something and contribute personally to the new parade back on it's old original route.Thank you - I claim patent on the idea, and I can probably find the original a.d.d. post where I suggested it quite a few years ago. :p

AVP

Opus1guy
10-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Ah poop.

Next you'll be laying claim to my idea to run the parade during the daytime!

splashmtngurl
10-08-2004, 06:48 PM
i hope they bring it back to DL cause the magic would be better there i think..of course the parade draws alot of ppl over to DCA at night i think.