PDA

View Full Version : Table service restaurants?

thinktink
10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Can anyone provide a link that tells which restaurants are the table service rests. throught the resort. I know most of them are buffateria style, or counter service. We would like to eat at a table service rest. once a day while we are there in Dec. :confused:

rentayenta
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
www.disneyland.com

It takes a while to load unless you have high speed but it breaks down all the restaurants in the hotels, parks, and Downtown Disney. It gives pretty decent descriptions.

cstephens
10-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Can anyone provide a link that tells which restaurants are the table service rests. throught the resort. I know most of them are buffateria style, or counter service. We would like to eat at a table service rest. once a day while we are there in Dec. :confused:

Well, at DL, there's only Carnation Cafe and Blue Bayou. I'm not counting Club 33 since that's not open to the general public.

At DCA, there's Wine Country Trattoria, Vineyard Room and Ariel's Grotto.

At the Disneyland Hotel, there's Granville's Steakhouse.

At the Paradise Pier Hotel, there's Yamabuki's and PCH Grill.

At the Grand Californian, there's Storytellers Cafe and Napa Rose.

Most of the restaurants in Downtown Disney are table service.

disneyperson
10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
for Blue Bayou and carnation cafe it's a good idea to call disney dining and reserve a time. You can call free from any pay phone in DL. That way you can breeze right in and relax. Particularly nice for Carnation Cafe since the stand-in line can be long and kinda hot.

Sheila
10-07-2004, 01:19 PM

Our review system has all the restaurants at the Resort broken down into three categories for the theme parks: cafeteria service, counter service and table service. The hotels and Downtown Disney describe the type of service individually:

Disneyland Resort Restaurants (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants)

Happy clicking!

Sheila

bduff
10-07-2004, 02:17 PM
for Blue Bayou and carnation cafe it's a good idea to call disney dining and reserve a time. You can call free from any pay phone in DL. That way you can breeze right in and relax.

But understand that you aren't necessarily reserving a specific time the same way you are with a normal restaurant. We had the PS a number of times and did the breeze in and relax thing, but a couple of other times still had a 10-15 minute wait, even when we weren't requesting a special table or anything. The tip I'll take from that if I'm making the reservation for a busy time, I'll make it 10-15 minutes earlier than I otherwise wanted it. Now that may seem like a small deal, but for our meal at Ariel's Grotto we thought we timed it so we'd be getting through just in time to see the Electrical Parade. Instead, we had to rush more than we wanted, and didn't get as good of a vantage spot as we wanted (service was kind of slow, in addition to the initial wait).

Earkid
10-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Now that may seem like a small deal, but for our meal at Ariel's Grotto we thought we timed it so we'd be getting through just in time to see the Electrical Parade. Instead, we had to rush more than we wanted, and didn't get as good of a vantage spot as we wanted (service was kind of slow, in addition to the initial wait).

They intentionally serve slower at Ariel's to give the characters time to go around and visit and let the kids do the dance thingy, since, unlike Goofy's Kitchen, it is table service rather than buffet. If you are in a hurry at Ariel's then you can tell your server and usually they will try to accomodate.

nightdesigns
10-07-2004, 04:30 PM

If you don't mind venturing outside of the park, there's tons of places to eat, most right across the street, and they won't break the bank.

There's Mimi's across the street, Citruis Grill, Coco's across from DCA. There's also a bunch of places in DTD, but they are all a tad pricy.

-ja

napabeth
10-08-2004, 09:04 AM
I'll be at DL Oct 20-26 and we definately want to have dinner at the Blue Bayou one night - there's only 2 of us. Doesn't matter what night or what time. Think I can make a PS the first day we're there? Or should I call now? I'd really rather wait, but if it means not getting in, I should call now. I'm so confused . . . .

experiment626
10-08-2004, 09:21 AM
You should be okay making a same day PS but if it something you REALLY want and will be disapointed if you miss, I would do it now. You can always change it if you want later.

foolish mortal
10-08-2004, 09:51 AM
But understand that you aren't necessarily reserving a specific time the same way you are with a normal restaurant. We had the PS a number of times and did the breeze in and relax thing, but a couple of other times still had a 10-15 minute wait, even when we weren't requesting a special table or anything. The tip I'll take from that if I'm making the reservation for a busy time, I'll make it 10-15 minutes earlier than I otherwise wanted it. Now that may seem like a small deal, but for our meal at Ariel's Grotto we thought we timed it so we'd be getting through just in time to see the Electrical Parade. Instead, we had to rush more than we wanted, and didn't get as good of a vantage spot as we wanted (service was kind of slow, in addition to the initial wait).
I've only done it for the Carnation Cafe. We've made reservations at least twenty times and never had to wait a moment. Guess we're lucky.