PDA

View Full Version : Parade of the Stars Will Soon Wink Out

Animalia
10-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Since the Main Street Electrical Parade and The Lion King Celebration were both released on home video before thier end, does anyone think there's a possibility that PotS might pop up on video in the gift shops over the next month or two? Or are there so few people like me who would buy it that it wouldn't be worth the expense of producing it?
I know I'm in the minority but over the past 4 and a half years, on the occasions I've been able to visit DL, I've never missed PotS. Maybe it's because I'm not a local and so haven't been bombarded with it on a regular basis but I actually enjoy that parade. Soon the holidays will be here bringing the Christmas parade with them and then next year the new 50th parade will premier. And while I agree that its time has come, I'm still going to be sad to see it go.

jafar
10-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I would not expect any Parade of the Stars merchandise, but I would expect that there will be very high demand for the last few days and weeks of "guest performer" spots in the parade. Also, just so you know, POTS is scheduled to return after the Christmas parade before Parade of Dreams premieres in the spring.

If you're interested, there are several videos available from various sources online. I'm sure that someone can provide a link to a good one.

Animalia
10-07-2004, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=jafar]Also, just so you know, POTS is scheduled to return after the Christmas parade before Parade of Dreams premieres in the spring.

Thank you for the update Jafar. I was planning to make a trip down at the end of the month for the new "Town Square" figure and thought I'd catch the parade one last time. Now I'll reset my thinking to visit after the holidays and THEN catch it one last time. Thanks for giving me another excuse to drive down after the holidays and visit the park. :D

And as far as a video, in hindsight it would probably sit on the shelf with all the other videos I have but never have the time to watch anyway.

Thanks again.