PDA

View Full Version : Suites at DLH

BayAreaDisneyFan
10-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Anyone stayed in a suite at Disneyland Hotel? We're coming down in December with my wife's sister & family, and we're thinking about a 3-bedroom suite instead of 2 or 3 individual rooms. We've got two families - one with 3 kids 9, 7 & 4 and one with two kids 12 & 14. Curious as to where in the hotel the suites are located and whether anyone has arguments pro or con.

Thanks!

disneyana8
10-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi, We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in September 2003 in a two bedroom
suite in the Bonita Tower. The rooms were great and the view spectacular.
The suite had a living room with overstuffed furniture (the sofa makes into
a bed) balacony, large wet bar area with a refrigerator, there is a half bath
(sink, commode but not tub or shower) tv. Off the living area is the first
bedroom, it had a king bed, full bathroom, balacony, tv, table and chairs, this
is a big room. The second bedroom had two queen beds, sofa (that makes
into a bed) balacony, refrigerator, full bathroom, tv. This suite is big and
can easlily sleep 10. The view from this suite overlooks Disneyland, Downtown
Disney and Disney California Adventure. The package we had was the Fall
special, pay for three nights and get the fourth free. We are going back
in two weeks and we asked for this sutie again. I would be glad to answer
any of your question about this suite.

Susan L
10-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi, We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in September 2003 in a two bedroom
suite in the Bonita Tower. The rooms were great and the view spectacular.
The suite had a living room with overstuffed furniture (the sofa makes into
a bed) balacony, large wet bar area with a refrigerator, there is a half bath
(sink, commode but not tub or shower) tv. Off the living area is the first
bedroom, it had a king bed, full bathroom, balacony, tv, table and chairs, this
is a big room. The second bedroom had two queen beds, sofa (that makes
into a bed) balacony, refrigerator, full bathroom, tv. This suite is big and
can easlily sleep 10. The view from this suite overlooks Disneyland, Downtown
Disney and Disney California Adventure. The package we had was the Fall
special, pay for three nights and get the fourth free. We are going back
in two weeks and we asked for this sutie again. I would be glad to answer
any of your question about this suite.

My husband and I were just talking about this the other night. If you don't mind could you tell us what you paid per night for this suite you had?

Opus1guy
10-07-2004, 05:31 PM
How about the Wrather Suite (though I don't know they still call it that, but they still did as of a few years ago)?

Takes up about half of the top floor of the Marina Tower, Marina Pool View. Incredible suite. Bedroom has a revolving semi-circular sitting area that revolves right out from the Master Bedroom onto a private patio that is exposed to the sky (if you're ever around Hook's Pointe, look up at the Marina Tower. On the top floor you can see through the window to the sky opening of this patio with some trees and such). This open-to-the-sky private patio has lots of furniture, music system, lighting system...really nice.

Master Bedroom is great but the Master Bathroom is almost as big! Huge walk-in shower, jacuzzi tub, multiple vanities, steam room, the Disneyland Hotel logo embroidered in gold thread on the super think towels and robes!

Living Room/Dining Room is HUGE. About the width of 8 normal rooms. And right in the center of the living room is this giant hooded fireplace. Reminds me of something out of a James Bond movie. You can walk all the way around it. Large dining room table. Full kitchen, of course. And Butler Pantry as well. Bar. Mood lighting and music. Grand Piano. You name it, this baby's got it!

Used primarily for entertaining functions and to put up VVIPs. The old Disneyland Lessee Association used to use it for holiday parties and meetings and had many a great time at those! Those folks knew how to entertain!

Only stayed there once for 2 nights as an overnight guest myself a few years ago. Fabulous. At that time didn't even rent it to the General Public. You had to know someone and either got it complimentary or they quoted you a huge price. I remember they sent up chocolate strawberries that were a mix of dark and white chocolate designed to look like little tuxedos.

But failing that ;) I think the Bonita Suites are very nice, as are the various types of Suite that are on the Concierge Floor of the Sierra Tower.

disneyana8
10-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Susan, don't mind at all. I can give you the price we are paying this October (last
years was cheaper, but I can't remember the exact price). Octobers package is almost
the same as last years, the price includes concierge and character breakfast, $3,088.00. We are four adults and a child ( old enough to pay the child price ).

Susan L
10-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Susan, don't mind at all. I can give you the price we are paying this October (last
years was cheaper, but I can't remember the exact price). Octobers package is almost
the same as last years, the price includes concierge and character breakfast, $3,088.00. We are four adults and a child ( old enough to pay the child price ).

Thanks for the info, How many nights was that for?

disneyana8
10-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Susan the package is for 4 nights (Fall package pay for 3 get the 4th night free).