PDA

View Full Version : DCA Parade Route

uvsc_wolverine
10-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Can anyone tell me what the parade route is for the Electrical Parade in DCA? I've seen it several times myself, but my two friends that will be with me at the end of the month have never seen it, so I just wanted to make sure that they get to see the parade in DCA and the fireworks in DL. What I'm trying to do is get as close as I can to where the parade will start, so that we'll be able to make the hop over to DL (yeah, along with everyone else!). Thanks all!

Darkbeer
10-06-2004, 10:29 PM
It is shown on the DCA map, but the parade starts at the east end of Sunshine Plaza, goes thru the Plaza, then down towards to a bug's land and the Golden Vine Winery. It goes down Route 66 to just before the Maliboomer, where the parade ends. You can usually find much better seating near the end of the parade route. The DLP is usually held at 8 PM, so the parade ends about 8:30 or so near the Maliboomer, and then you would have about an hour to make it over to Disneyland, as the fireworks start around 9:30 PM, no need to rush

uvsc_wolverine
10-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks Darkbeer. That was exactly what I was looking for!

Susan L
10-07-2004, 11:56 AM
It is shown on the DCA map, but the parade starts at the east end of Sunshine Plaza, goes thru the Plaza, then down towards to a bug's land and the Golden Vine Winery. It goes down Route 66 to just before the Maliboomer, where the parade ends. You can usually find much better seating near the end of the parade route. The DLP is usually held at 8 PM, so the parade ends about 8:30 or so near the Maliboomer, and then you would have about an hour to make it over to Disneyland, as the fireworks start around 9:30 PM, no need to rush

Excellent info Darkbeer, thank you very much.

bduff
10-07-2004, 02:32 PM
then you would have about an hour to make it over to Disneyland, as the fireworks start around 9:30 PM, no need to rush

Very true, but note that some people over at DL get themselves into position for what they consider to be the best fireworks viewing spot well before the fireworks actually start. If you're flexible on where you view the fireworks from (which is my recommendation), you don't have to get in the front of the stampede. If you do decide you want to be in front of the stampede, then consider viewing the EP on the DCA entrance side of the Plaza. If you get closer to the exact starting point of the parade (in between the entry to Hollywood Backlot area and the Sunshine fountain thing), you'll be shielded away from the DCA entrance as the end of the parade passes by, and the masses will jump in right behind the parade as it ends.