PDA

View Full Version : Question about X-mas lights around the park

RowboatWillie
10-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know that date of when the X-mas lights get put up around the park??

sediment
10-06-2004, 04:36 PM
They're put up over a two/three-week period in November.

RowboatWillie
10-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok, Cuz I was planing a trip on Nov 12th and I know that Small world will be done, but I could not remember if all the lights were up or not. so you think no??

EandCDad
10-07-2004, 06:26 AM
By November 12th, most (if not all) of the Christmas decorations will be up. You will also see Christmas themed food in the restaurants, cookie decorating on Main Street (and Toontown, usually), characters dressed in "wintery" clothing, hear Christmas music in the park, see the Christmas fireworks show (with snow), and enjoy the Christmas overlay at small world and Haunted Mansion.

Usually everything is up and running by the 12th except for Santa and the Christmas Parade which typically start after Thanksgiving (although one year they started it early.)

sdfilmcritic
10-07-2004, 06:26 AM
Christmas time is here. Christmas time is here.

NorCalDisney
10-07-2004, 05:02 PM
I was in DL last year during Thanksgiving (day before until Sunday) and Santa and the big tree were already out as well.

TempoNZ
10-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Eeek!!! I can't believe Christmas is nearly here! When I wa in town today a shop had heaps f Christmas lights for sale I couldn't believe it already! Personally until I hear Snoopys Christmas on the radio (and then only from mid November on...) Christmas hasn't really begun.

The good news is the faster this Christmas comes means it is closer to next Christmas when I'll be on my way t WDW (Well I'll be in Cambodia slowly making my way around the world to WDW. For me the rest of the trip is just "fill in" until I get to WDW :)