PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about Disneyland in March

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Hello again, its me Karla
I am planning on taking my children back to disneyland to do it right this time,and March is the planned month ( 7th to the 12th)
I would like a little info on this months so we can plan accordingly. Thanks much

Hows the weather, and will it rain a lot then? Do we need to just pack jeans?
Also does the park close real early?
Anything special I should know when going in March?
Thanks all, I am so excited I could cry!!

dlandnut
10-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Unless you hit a weekend, the park will most likely close early. As for long pants, etc., I always pack some long pants and a jacket or sweatshirt, even when I'm going in July. There are evenings when the park stays open late that it can get down-right cool. Disney makes a fortune off of selling windbreakers/jackets and sweatshirts in the evening hours! Not that they're not fun to have, just sometimes a little expensive! Anyway, no matter when you go, you're going to have a wonderful time and I wish you all the happiness and magic that a visit to Disneyland brings!!! :)

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks dlandnut,

tell me, when do the parks close? and I was told the weekends are quit buisy, is it worth going on a weekend? I planned for 5 days during the week to avoid to much crowding ( i know its kind of impossible to avoid but ...)Seems to be during the week is always the best times to go. Its pretty cold here in March, so Pants will definatly go with all 4 of us.I am going to pack light this time, we had way to much last time :eek:

jrsharp21
10-06-2004, 09:16 AM
From my past experiences, the beginning of March seems to be a farely uncrowded time. Last time we went in March the crowds were very light during the week and picked up towards the weekend. The only downfall was that Disneyland was only open from 10am-8pm or something like that.

adriennek
10-06-2004, 09:18 AM
It won't be Easter until the end of the month so Spring Breaks won't have started too badly yet.

"Busy" is very subjective. We were at the park last Sunday and it was crowded at times, but I attribute that to many attractions being closed and walkways being restricted (with some attractions down, walkways are narrower than normal.)

But we walked right onto Winnie the Pooh right after dinner and other lines weren't that long so it wasn't horribly busy.

Weekends will always be "busier" than weekdays. Weekends in March will not be as busy as Christmastime or the summer time but they'll be busier than the weekdays and less busy than the weeks immediately before and after Easter.

Adrienne

Leap for Joy
10-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi Karla,

We went in March our first few trips and really enjoyed it. The afternoons are often warm enough that you don't mind getting soaked on Grizzly River Run, and the crowds are manageable.

Fantasmic! probably wont be showing, which is a bummer. It's good to have a weekend day in your trip so that you have a better chance of catching the fireworks. During the off-season they tend to show fireworks on Friday and Saturday night only.

For park hours, I always look at last year's park updates. It isn't a perfect way to know, but they don't vary too much from year to year. Here is the March 2004 update, the park hours are at the very bottom. March 8, 2004 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040308.htm)

I'm so excited for you!! If I can, I'll go at the same time so that we can finally meet!

:) Melinda

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Thank you Melinda I am off to look at the site now!

And yes, I would hope I could meet you along with coasterchickie, and maybe even Rae if she is there at the same time! That would make our trip complete! ( any one else want to meet us? ) I have met wonderful guys and gals here and they have made my time here, and my day very happy. I have enjoyed every moment of the day spent right here.! No wonder I do not get much work done, I am already behind and need to get 3 more loads of laundry done and feed my nephew. ( he is handicapped and 21 now) I have to do there shopping, and still have to do the bedding yikes! I better get buisy if I am going to get out of here on time and get my kids and take them to the bingo at school this afternoon!
This out to be fun, bingo with 7oo other kids and familys :eek: well a learning experience any way LOl! I am trying to get Beau used to larger crowds and ready for our next trip! :)

Sheila
10-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Thank you Melinda I am off to look at the site now!

And yes, I would hope I could meet you along with coasterchickie, and maybe even Rae if she is there at the same time! That would make our trip complete! ( any one else want to meet us? )

Karla, about a month or so before your trip, post a meet request in the Lounge. I know you're only here Monday through Saturday, so I don't know what your Saturday schedule is like (what time you're leaving for the airport, etc.)

Most of the Disneyland regulars can only make it on the weekends, so a Saturday meet would be doable for many of us. (We usually meet at noon at the hub on Sundays.)

I would love to meet you!

Sheila

missm
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
My mom and I went last March from the 13th to the 19th. It was unexpectedly crowded. But not as crowded as other times we've been there. The plus side of the crowds was that they kept the park open until midnight many of the days. We found out that a lot of schools were having Spring Break that week. If it were me I would go a week earlier then I did last time, considering the issues you had with your little boy you may want to go at an uncrowded time. Gosh is any of this making sense? I just woke up.

The weather was perfect imo. A little chilly in the am and the pm (but maybe not for someone from MO). But gorgeous during the day.

I hope everything goes a littlle better for you this time around Karla.

sjcivilady
10-06-2004, 11:08 AM
There's a possibility that a friend and I will be down there sometime during the same week, so I would love to meet up with you and whoever else is there then. Karla, I would be willing to watch your kids so you can go on the bigger rides - you can ride with my friend - she's very nice (she's a first grade teacher, actually). And I teach Sunday School to all different ages (the preschool group at this time) so I have some experience with kids - although I've never been a mom, just an auntie :) PM me if you would like. Joan (we're actually planning a shop til you drop trip down the coast - hitting every quilt shop we can - and I really want to fit Disneyland in)

disneyperson
10-06-2004, 11:26 AM
My daughter's band may be playing in DL on one of those dates. If so, I hope to see you there. We'll know the date for sure as soon as their performance gets scheduled. I couldn't go on the band trip last year, and there is no way I'm going to miss watching my daughter marching down Main Street again.

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 12:17 PM
you guys are wonderful!! I would love to meet all of you !! wow! that will be some party! Any one like to take this old gal on the coaster? I have not been on one since I was about 12 I think, hummmm wonder if my heart can take it?. Oh man, that would be a trip LOL! I will be turning 46 in March, I am having a better time now then I have in all my years! (well besides giving birth to my kids, :)

Thanks Sheila for the tip, I will post in February the days we will go and see if all you can meet me then. I will be sure to throw a weekend day in so in case some can only come during that saturday ok. I just have to find some good flight deals and they come in March around here.

missm
10-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Karla-What airport do you fly out of?

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 12:39 PM
we will be flying out of Butte, BTM for short. we only have 2 carriers,Alaska and horizon but I think I may get some good deals out side of here if I just take a flight to seattle, or salt lake, then catch a different carrier, what do you think? I am not to bright where flying is concerned, I have only flew 3 times in my life, once when my son was born to salt lake hospital ( one hour away) and once to cape Cod to see a friend, Man was that a confusing set of flights ! and this last time to disneyland.

Rae
10-06-2004, 01:01 PM
And yes, I would hope I could meet you along with coasterchickie, and maybe even Rae if she is there at the same time! That would make our trip complete! ( any one else want to meet us? )

This would be great Karla, we will be there until the 8th March. We are going to Vegas on this day so we could catch up on the 7th :) :)

CoasterChickie
10-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Any one like to take this old gal on the coaster?

I would LOVE to take you on the roller coaster!!!
We're going to sit in the very front!!!

This is going to be fun...Karla, LeapforJoy, Sheila, sjcivilady, disneyperson, Rae and me all together at DL at the same time....YIPPEE!!!

I think it is so cool that there are so many wonderful people at this board who are going to help you get to DL again and help you with your kids.
You deserve it Karla!!! :)

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 02:20 PM
The front!!! oh Just thinking of that makes my heart go wild LOL! I about fainted when we went up on the ferris wheel LOL! But I am game for anything LOL!
I am very grateful to all here and think you are all wonderful people!

I had the greatest idea! How about a big picnic where we can all meet and have a great time? I would call a pizza place and get pizza's delivered, and we could all get like some salads etc? does that sound fun? It does to me! we could all have a great time over a nice meal! Tell me what you all think ok!

disneyperson
10-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Heck Karla, I'm 49 ! (gasp) I'll hold your hand on the roller coaster if you'll hold mine.(warning, I tend to laugh manically on thrill rides) I'll be on my own most of the time during that trip. My daughter will be roaming with her friends in the band and I woudn't dream of intruding on her precious "DL sans mom time." It will be her chance to show off her favorite places to her buddies. It will be single rider day for me !

Hakuna Makarla
10-06-2004, 04:11 PM
COOL! disneyperson!
You me,and coasterchickie will sit in the front GASP!! I would love for you to spend the day with us!! oh what a grand time we will all have!! Now do not forget tower of terror, I must ride that several times LOL! I still get chills thinking of how fun it was!

disneyperson
10-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Oh I hope that's the weekend we'll be there. Maybe I can nudge the DL field trip commitee. It would be so fun.

sjcivilady
10-06-2004, 07:01 PM
You have a "DL field trip committee"??? Wow - is that at your work? hmmm...thinking...thinking... maybe I could start one where I work. A long time ago one of our Sgt's wife would plan DL trips: we would all meet and park at a mall in Stockton about midnite, get on a bus, sleep all the way down (if you could get comfortable enough). Arrive early enough to shop at the DL hotel until opening. Spend all day at the park (it was a Saturday, so was open til midnite) and take the bus home again. We did this at least 3 different trips - was a blast. Until the last trip, when most of our cars got broken into parked at the mall - lol. That put a stop to it.
Also - I'm 52, so fit into this age group well! And I haven't gotten up the nerve to do Calif Screamin, so I could watch the kids during that one. I did do the ferris wheel, though - although there's a couple of moments where you have to scream :). I can't wait to try ToT - I'm not even gonna think twice and just do it!
Karla, my dad lived in Libby for a year - is that near you? So I've been to Montana once - it was gorgeous there.
--joan

Leap for Joy
10-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Karla,
Is Salt Lake really only an hour's drive? If so, there may be a shuttle van from your town to the Salt Lake airport. Or, you might consider parking in the airport's long-term parking lot. It's worth pricing when you look at tickets. Flying from SLC provides a lot more options!
Melinda

Edited to add: I just did a quick search on Travelocity for the dates you mentioned above. From Butte, it's pricing at $412. From Salt Lake it's pricing at $180.

Hakuna Makarla
10-07-2004, 11:24 AM
sorry leap for joy, its an hours flight from my town to salt lake. to drive it is a long drive. I can barely get out of my town and drive to the next with out getting lost or I would drive to disneyland LOL! I have never had a sence of direction, so this is why I always got lost. Once when we moved to wyoming I went to the mall with my husband and got totally lost. he found me crying as I just did not remember how to get to the car to meet him :eek: He thought it was funny, but I did not! Remember our mall has only about 13 stores LOL! so a big mall just throws me. Disneyland was way over the top and so we got lost a lot, but it was fun.
The flights out are way to high for me right now, I am praying they will drop and I have the money to get them when they do. I have always believed if I was suposed to go or do something I really wanted to do all things would fall into place, usually it does and when it has not there has always been a good reason I am believing this trip will fall into place nicely. :)

karla takes a big breath and exhales slowly and smiles :) all is well, all is well:D

rentayenta
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Karla, if I decide I can swing the March trip, I will be driving from SLC. I have to have a car when in So Cal. How many will be with you?

Hakuna Makarla
10-07-2004, 11:40 AM
YIPPIE!!!!! I hope so!!!! I would love to have yoyu there with us we would have a ball.!! I will be coming with my 10 year old,4 year old, and just turning 3 year old. one more then last time but I can not leave him behind this time, mom just can not cae for him the week. He is sweet, and I think he will enjoy things. I am hoping coasterchickies 16 year old girls fall in love with them and take them for me so I can go on the big rides :~D I must go on tower again and try the big rides, I want to go on the space ride, and indiana jones. oh and the big coaster :D