PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from DL about stockings and trees...

tink1234
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Christmas trees are $150 for a 36" tree. Decorated with 2 plush toys, mickey balls, edible cookies, stars (unedible cookies?), and other decorations. I didn't write them all down, but it sounded like a lot. The tree comes in a tin base. Disney delivers to your Disney owned hotel room and sets it up for you. It is yours to keep and the bell services will ship it home for you at your expense, of course. They said it will need to be ordered by November 1st if possible, because of the sheer volume they will be preparing to make.

Stockings are $70. They come in Mickey or Minnie. There will be no special requests or customizations, because of the volume and number of staff persons needed to fill all requests. The stockings come with a beanie, holiday pen, magical towel, pinball (I couldn't understand what this was), flashlight, 1 chocolate dipped oreo cookie, bag of chocolate coins and activity book.

Their will be no specialized baskets made up at Christmas time because of the number of people it takes to make up and deliver stockings and trees. The number you will need to order these are 714-300-7526 option #2.

I think we are going to order the tree and make up our own stockings. I might purchase resort stockings and stuff with Disney stuff I pick up here and there until Christmas. We have 4 dd's and $280 seems a bit pricey just for stockings. Although, I am sure they are worth it, I believe I can create them for a lot less! :)

rentayenta
10-05-2004, 08:18 PM
The tree sounds cool. I think I could do alot more with $70 for a stocking. I am going to order a tree that I said I would never order.

I have already started buying stocking stuff, although it may not all fit into a stocking.

I bought the girls these Princess activity book thingys from Barnes and Noble. DH bought the Aladdin DVD for my middle DD and The Three Muskateers for our son. He also got a Lizzie watch and Tinkerbell watch for the girls. We also bought a big Buzz for DS. I ordered silver engraved boxes to put Disney Dollars in for the girls. DH has to keep reminding me that Disneyland is their present.

Thank you for the info. I will order Nov 1.

RStar
10-06-2004, 08:34 AM
What a neat, but pricey idea! I always spend the holidays at home or with family so I never even thought about what would happen if you spent it in a hotel room. I think getting the tree and making up your own stocking is a good idea. You can get Disney items off property (like the Walmart down the street on Harbour Blvd.) and do it for at least half the cost (unless you figure in your time, in which case it may be about the same).

Have a happy holiday at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Disneygirl65
10-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Can you get a tree in your room if your going in Decemeber but not during Christmas?

DISNEYloon
10-06-2004, 09:21 AM
I'd get the tree and make my own stockings...........that tree I would totally keep a suprise from the family....make that your 'big splurg' - you can forgo the t-shirts and other souveniers for a Tree in your hotel room, they'll remember that FOREVER!

AVP
10-06-2004, 09:35 AM
pinball (I couldn't understand what this was)It's probably this (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=5355).

AVP

Vegitabeta
10-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Why $70 for a stocking?

pisces
10-06-2004, 01:42 PM
The Tree sounds fabulous, I wonder if you give them lights, ....if they will string the lights on the tree for you?

I'm thinking the stocking must be something extensive, and the goodies are about $7, $8... a piece each.....for them to come up with a $70.00 price tag????

I don't know, I'm not up-to-date on Christmas stocking ettiquette. Aren't most stocking stuffer knick-knacks about $2-$5 a piece, if that?

figmentspark
10-06-2004, 02:29 PM
A few years back my family and I spent Christmas at Disneyland and we got the tree in our hotel room. The tree is totally worth it. We still have all the decorations on it(we had to be very careful getting it home) and put it on our table at Christmas.

Jewels
10-06-2004, 06:05 PM
We have a tree ordered for our stay the week of christmas. I was told you could not have lights on the tree for fire regulations. Not even the small battery operated ones.

rentayenta
10-06-2004, 08:38 PM
So I added up (guestimated) the cost of the goodies that go into the stocking and figured the goodies themselves would cost about $40. I have no idea what the stocking looks like but if it were one of the velvety ones it might be worth it. I am still going to make up my own.

Thanks for the link AVP.

tink1234
10-06-2004, 09:05 PM
So I added up (guestimated) the cost of the goodies that go into the stocking and figured the goodies themselves would cost about $40. I have no idea what the stocking looks like but if it were one of the velvety ones it might be worth it.

I think the ones in the resort are $30. So this does add up to $70, but I think I can customize some for my girls for less.

pisces
10-07-2004, 12:10 PM
This has really got me stumped: Traditionally, doesn't each family member get his or her own personal stocking with his or her name engraved in craft glitter?

"The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care....." ---That would indicate it's supposed to be one per/person, not one big ol' stocking per family.

Could it be that the price includes one for each family member?

That would explain the high stocking price. Stockings should be cheap.

Regarding the tree. I imagine that all the hotels have gorgeous decorated trees in their lobbies.

Is there a central place where there's a gigantic tall, decorated, Christmas Tree on the premises?

Also, do the characters dress up like Santa, or is there a central place where Santa sits?

figmentspark
10-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Regarding the tree. I imagine that all the hotels have gorgeous decorated trees in their lobbies.

Is there a central place where there's a gigantic tall, decorated, Christmas Tree on the premises?

Also, do the characters dress up like Santa, or is there a central place where Santa sits?

figmentspark
10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Oops! I put in the quote & forgot the response. Anyway, yes the hotels have beautiful trees in their lobbies & You can find Santa @ DL or DCA or (I think I remember it this way, don't quote me on it though; its been a few years) there is a set time for Santa

rentayenta
10-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I forgot to add that when I spoke with guest services I spoke with a man named John. He was so friendly and sweet. I asked if it were possible to order an extra plush animal for the tree becasue we have 3 kids and need 3 animals. He said that he didn't know if there would be room on the tree but that he would at least have one set next to the tree. He actually decorates the trees and stockings and said he loves it. I also asked about the autographed photos for my kids. He took their names and said that they would be there for them. Thus far the customer service that I have received from the inception of planning this trip has been fantastic. I cannot even imagine how great this trip is going to be.

He also said to make sure to call by Dec.1st with any other requests so that they could ensure that they could fill them. We also chatted a little about how magical the holidays are and that the people that are working that day request to work on Christmas and that they want to be there and have a great time. I didn't note any sarcasm ;)

The trees also have plaid bows, gold stars and 10 Mickey ornaments.

Earkid
10-07-2004, 07:03 PM
They sound just gorgeous. Makes me want to brave the crowds to be there Christmas week.

rentayenta
10-07-2004, 07:11 PM
And the cookies are chocolate dipped mint Mickey cookies. Mmmmm.

tink1234
10-07-2004, 11:11 PM
This has really got me stumped: Traditionally, doesn't each family member get his or her own personal stocking with his or her name engraved in craft glitter?

"The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care....." ---That would indicate it's supposed to be one per/person, not one big ol' stocking per family.

I'm pretty sure he meant each. The man that called did not know our family size and just answered the questions I asked.

rentayenta
10-08-2004, 05:37 AM

Pisces, the price is per stocking and generally each person has their own stocking. It is expensive. I could not justify another $210 on stockings. I think I am going to bring our stockings from home and fill those. That way I can say that Santa found us here, all the way in DL. My kids love their stockings.

rentayenta
10-12-2004, 10:34 AM
This is the e-mail that I received from Vacation Planning regarding the trees and stockings in case anyone in interested in what exactly they are offering:

Mickey’s Magical Tree is a 36” Oregon Table Tree filled with lots of Disney Christmas flavor. This year’s tree is sure to please with our 7” Santa Mickey Beanie and Mrs. Minnie Claus nestled amid sugar pine cones, gold stars and 12 brightly colored Mickey head bulbs .Also included are Mickey / Minnie dipped mint cookies, a warm plaid ribbon and matching bows., complete with jingle bells and accented with splash of Disney sparkle all carefully placed in a tree tin base.
COST : $ 150.00 plus tax

Our Mickey and Minnie stockings help ring in the holiday with pure Disney flair. Each stocking is thoughtfully prepared with our little ones in mind. Featuring Santa Stitch with a Disney Activity book, character pen flashlight, Holiday Pen, a Christmas Magic Towel, Mickey Pinball, mesh bag of chocolate coins, and a chocolate dipped Mickey Oreo cookie that is sure to delight any child at heart !
COST: $70 plus tax

Our Teen Mickey Stockings are also filled with several surprises and Disney Magic! The Teen Mickey Stocking includes a Santa Stitch beanie, a bendable Jack Skellington figure and pen, Nightmare Before Christmas playing cards, Nightmare Before Christmas sticky cube, a Mickey Chocolate dipped Oreo cookie and Goofy Build a Burger candy. This stocking was especially designed for our “ cleaver- ly “ minded ghoul. COST: $70 plus tax

*Christmas amenities are available for a limited time and are subject to change and availability.*

tink1234
10-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Here's another thread about this topic! :D http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32844