PDA

View Full Version : People rude on rides? Wait, don't answer that it's the "Good Ride Experiences" Thread

MonorailMan
11-24-2001, 07:36 PM
Just as the long subject says, what are some good things people doing on rides?

I had one guest give up her spot on Space Mountain so my frends and I could all ride together.

MammaSilva
11-24-2001, 07:40 PM
We have had several experiences where other guests have volunteered to move so we could keep our group together on the train and on small world and several other attractions...and since it wasn't limited to just the nice things other guests have done, the CM's at Indy are so awesome! My daughter LOVES to "drive" the Jeeps, we have SAP when we go and I always ask for the front row even if it means waiting another cycle or two and the CM's always let her drive....that may not sound like much to someone else but it Makes a huge difference for her...so I greatly appreciate their doing that for her....she has also gotten to ride in the front of the monorail several times thanks to generous CM's, we haven't done the pilot of the Mark Twain because of the stairs, but before they stopped allowing it she got to ride in the engine on one of the trains ...

Nigel2
11-24-2001, 10:47 PM
Yeah, giving up a front (or prefered) seat is always a nice thing to do when asked, I acutally think it should be a good moral code for the APs to follow, but then I see some people and think that they would protest something like that. Some of the attraction I have given up better seats for were Rocket Rods, Matterhorn, Space, Millionare ring of fire (actually that was the show I got in the hot seat instant karma:D ) But oddly I don't get asked much but it never hurts to ask anyone what is the worst they can do? Wait don't answer that.

Ace
11-25-2001, 10:47 AM
all ride experiences are good, except for the ones where someone else ruins it... so this thread should go on for a long time. my favorite ride: the tram there, since i've waited so long....14 DAYS!!!!!!

TakeMe2Disneyland
11-25-2001, 03:34 PM
On our visit in June, we had a Special Assistance Pass for our handicapped son which we rarely used. But, one time, he wanted to ride the monorail, and when they opened they gate, they realized they had let too many people through, so some had to go back out and wait for the next train. I pulled out my pass and asked if we could be seated in the Handicapped car, and the CM asked the family that was already there if it was okay with them for us to join them. They were kind enough to squeeze in just a bit to accomodate us. They were great company, and it turned out our children had some health problems in common, and we had a good experience talking to them about how to enjoy Disney with a child with serious health problems. It was very helpful and fortuitious (said: Four-two-ish-us, like Bert in Mary Poppins would!) I'm glad we ran into them on the ride, and I'm glad they were willing to share their car with us!

Tikidude Jose
11-25-2001, 09:27 PM
I've always had wonderful experiences with people at DLand...
Someone gave us their Indy fast passes. Two older grandmotherish women have taken pictures of my daughter because they wanted to remember"how happy little children are here".....That was kinda cool.