PDA

View Full Version : Attraction posters

Jesse
10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Hello All,

About a month or so I went to the shop that was right across from the Star Trader, where the pins are sold, and got really cool attraction replica posters. You chose which ones you wanted on this computer, and an unmatted 18x24 print was a steal at only $18! I have noticed they have closed the shop for construction on the Buzz ride and I am wondering where to get these, if they are at any other shop. I believe the Disney Gallery does not sell them, either. They just had the large matted ones for much more.
Does anyone know if these machines have been relocated to another shop, or did I just miss out?

soccerlady16
10-05-2004, 10:36 AM
I've never heard of it. The only thing right across from Star Trader is a cart with trading pins, everything else is all boarded up for Buzz. Star Trader has been the only store in Tomorrowland for months. Ya the only place I've seen posters in has been the D Gallery. Oh wait try Off the Page in DCA in Hollywood Backlot.

SteveK
10-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Hello All,

About a month or so I went to the shop that was right across from the Star Trader, where the pins are sold, and got really cool attraction replica posters. You chose which ones you wanted on this computer, and an unmatted 18x24 print was a steal at only $18! I have noticed they have closed the shop for construction on the Buzz ride and I am wondering where to get these, if they are at any other shop. I believe the Disney Gallery does not sell them, either. They just had the large matted ones for much more.
Does anyone know if these machines have been relocated to another shop, or did I just miss out?

We bought 5 different posters from the now closed shop. Yes, you can purchase the posters at the Disney gallery (if they are open and their printer is working). That is the only other shop in DL where you can get them as far as I know.
-Steve

AVP
10-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Yes, you can purchase the posters at the Disney gallery (if they are open and their printer is working).But only in the larger 24" x 36" and 36" x 48" formats - the Premiere Shop only had the 24" rolls, while the Gallery only has the 36" rolls. So the 18" x 24" and 24" x 32" sizes will not be available again until the Premiere Shop re-opens (later this year, according to the current rumor), or until the move they printers to another store.

There is a bit of discussion about putting them ALL in WOD, or the smaller ones in Off the Page.

AVP

AVP
10-07-2004, 08:35 PM
There is a bit of discussion about putting them ALL in WODImagineers were measuring WOD today, in preparation for installing printers in the store. No word yet on which size printer(s) they will receive.

AVP

spectromen
10-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Hmm...I hope that is not another nod to the rumor about the Gallery closing :crying:

splashmtngurl
10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
as far as i know the machines havent been relocated to another location withing DL. The shop you were at was the premier shop and although its closed for the consturction of the Buzz ride, i believe that you can find the same machines in the animation studio, whats that shop thingy called, off the page or something? i would look around in DCA or ask a CM they should know. I saw the machines though and it looked extremly fun to do but unfortunetly, i felt the need to stock up on pins rather then buy posters ;)

DisLee
10-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Hmm...I hope that is not another nod to the rumor about the Gallery closing :crying:

Unfortunately, I think that is true. I had heard that the Premiere Shop printer was originally supposed to go to the Gallery. It was supposed to be installed this year. Then it was posponed until next year. Now apparently it is not going to happen at all. The future of the Gallery does not look good.