PDA

View Full Version : Now I am wishing I did not buy a brick years ago

Tinker Bell
10-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Found on Ap holders site.

Disneyland Annual Passholders can make their mark in Disney history, as part of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth Celebration, by sponsoring one of the 10-inch hexagonal bricks along Disney's "Walk of Magical Memories." Now through December 31, 2004, Annual Passholders will receive $50 off the purchase of a 50th Anniversary brick, with medallion (Actual retail: $150 each). This special brick will feature a brass toned medallion with the 50th Anniversary logo and Tinker Bell as she sprinkles pixie dust over the castle. The bricks will be located adjacent to the entrances of Disneyland park and Disney's California Adventure park, each brick can be inscribed with it's sponsor's name, home-town, state, a special date or commemoration of any extraordinary occasion, such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday. Plus each brick is numbered and comes with a certificate of verification. To order, please call 800.760.3566.

SteveK
10-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Saw that as well...we'll finally be getting ours soon. Didn't they used to give you a replica to keep at home? If so, I wonder if they'll do it for this one.
-Steve

Emma
10-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Wow.. that's really cool... My husband and I almost got one in September... Now, since we are AP Holders, I think we'll do it! Thanks for the info, Tinker Bell! :)

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Damn, i got my regular brick back in May! :mad:

cstephens
10-04-2004, 04:17 PM
We already have a brick, and I'm perfectly happy with it, so I'm not bothered by this. The brick was a very nice wedding gift from friends. The purchase of the brick didn't come with a replica, but you could order one separately. I believe you could choose from either acrylic or wood.

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-04-2004, 04:24 PM
The replicas are $30 I think. You can see more info about the new bricks here http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/event?id=AP_50thBrickEventPage

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Gonna have to get our brick now. Glad we waited.

Wendi
10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Oh cool... if I still have $100 burning a hole in my pocket at the end of our trip you know what I'll be buying on my way out!!!

iwannabeanimagineer
10-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Can you get one made up that says: "Help! I'm trapped in a brick factory and can't get out!"?

Forbin
10-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Hold it, if you bought one YEARS ago, why not just buy another?

rentayenta
10-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh cool... if I still have $100 burning a hole in my pocket at the end of our trip you know what I'll be buying on my way out!!!

If you end up with an extra $100 burning a hole in your pocket please tell me the secret. I always come home poor, fat and happy ;)

Christiii
10-05-2004, 02:19 PM
tho I always like to save moey, Im glad I got my brick when I did...about 2 1/2 years ago..I love the spot!! Its in the square that is at the tip of the center directional thing in the middle of dca/dl walkway, that points to disneyland..does that make sense?? Its easy to find and my mom and I always have to go stand on it and make a wish as the firsat thing we do when we get to the park...dorks huh?? :D we also have the mini replica in the clear resin..love it1!

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey, mine is in the same area as yours, but on the DCA side. I have not seen it yet, got it back in May, and we arent going to DL until July 17th! I cant wait to finally see it (we do have a clear replica as well, very cool)

got2travel
10-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Every time I'm at DL I kick myself for not buying a brick when I could have gotten a Disneyclub discount. But now I'm glad I waited. Not only is this discount bigger, but it will have the special 50th anniversary symbol.

Just one question though, if we buy one of these bricks now, do we have to wait until next summer for it to show up on the walk?

Tinker Bell
10-05-2004, 03:32 PM
I know when they put mine in it took like 6 month for them to do it.Hope that helps.

Traci
10-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Maybe I'll buy a brick for my son.

sami869
10-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Now I know what I'm getting my boyfriend for christmas :) We were going ot buy one almost a year ago but didn't have enough money. Now I'm really glad we waited.

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-05-2004, 04:40 PM
I wrote Disneyland yesterday for more info, and today I got this interesting response:

"Thank you for requesting information about Disney's Walk of Magical Memories. Regretfully, we do not have official information regarding the 50th Anniversary Walk of Magical Memory Bricks. Please be assured that we will email you with official information once we receive it."

itig
11-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Every time I'm at DL I kick myself for not buying a brick when I could have gotten a Disneyclub discount. But now I'm glad I waited. Not only is this discount bigger, but it will have the special 50th anniversary symbol.

Just one question though, if we buy one of these bricks now, do we have to wait until next summer for it to show up on the walk?

I just got off the phone and they told me if you buy a brick it will be placed sometime around late April 2005. I'm thinking about doing this, but the wife might smack me ;)

...maybe if I disguise it as a Christmas gift..is that bad :)

oh, and she also told me that they are going to arrange all of these 50th bricks together into some kind of pattern - sounds cool to me!

disneyperson
11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
we're getting one this Christmas as our gift to each other.(along with the trip of course) we've been wanting one for a while and this way it will be about the 50th anniversary and not a random birthday or other event.