PDA

View Full Version : December 2005

Carter's Mommy
10-04-2004, 01:46 PM
My DH and I are planning to visit during the holidays 2005 with our then 3 year old son. We are not sure when the best time to go will be, our two options are the weekend before Thanksgiving or the weekend after Thanksgiving. It seems like the Candlelight processional is usually the first weekend of Dec, but we were not sure if that makes a huge difference in the crowds. We would love any advice.

Also we are going to be in DL Oct 15-17 (YEA!) staying at the PPH and were wondering if anyone has ever ordered pizza (Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc) and had it delivered to the room. We are taking our 2 year old for the first time and will be going back to the room for afternoon naps and were considering just eating in the room. We are pretty sure our son will not want to be stopping to eat in the Park so we thought this might be an option. Thanks!

sami869
10-04-2004, 02:03 PM
...wondering if anyone has ever ordered pizza (Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc) and had it delivered to the room.

We get Papa John's almost everytime we're down there but we've never stayed at any of the Disney hotels. They have never had a problem with devlivering to our hotel room and I don't see why it would be any different at the Disney hotels.

Mommy2NicknMax
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I've only been during Candlelight once (last year) and it was pretty crowded (seemed like August type crowds). The thing about it that I didn't like wasn't the crowds on the rides it was the crowds on Main Street during Candlelight. It's packed and the flow of traffic only moves one way. If you don't mind the crowds and avoid Main Street during the ceremony, you should be okay.

I avoided the crowds last year by taking the monorail in and out of the park.

Good luck and have a blast! I'm going again in Dec. this year but I'm going the weekend AFTER Candlelight.

Emma
10-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Not sure about the candlelight crowds, but we had Pizza Hut delivered to our room at the DL Hotel on our last trip with no problems. :)

iwannabeanimagineer
10-05-2004, 01:00 PM
We've never gone on Candlelight Procession day, but my wife and I went during the first week in December in 2002. And last year, the whole family went there on 12/22, 12/23 and 12/29. On both occasions DL was fairly crowded on weekdays with holiday travellers, especially during the fireworks, but the lines did not seem as long as they have during recent summer weekdays. And on both occasions DCA was practically empty.

We're planning a trip 11/28/05-11/30/05 so we can ride the re-opened Space Mountain, ride the re-opened submarines, see the 50th Anniversary decor and shows and see the holiday decor and shows all in one trip.

sierranevada
10-05-2004, 02:09 PM
My DH and I are planning to visit during the holidays 2005 with our then 3 year old son. We are not sure when the best time to go will be, our two options are the weekend before Thanksgiving or the weekend after Thanksgiving. It seems like the Candlelight processional is usually the first weekend of Dec, but we were not sure if that makes a huge difference in the crowds. We would love any advice.

The weekend before Thanksgiving (11/18 - 11/20) will be much less crowded than the weekend after Thanksgiving (11/25 - 11//27). And you are right, the candelight procession is usually the first weekend in Dec - 12/2 & 12/3 and it does get very crowded - especially around Main Street. Holiday decorations would be up either weekend but I am not sure when the Holiday Parade starts.

Have a great time this Oct - it's coming up soon!! :D

Carter's Mommy
10-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks! We are so excited to take our 2 year old (almost 3) for his very first time in 10 days! A friend of ours had one of those "Day at Disneyland" videos and we've been showing it to him, so he is pretty excited. Of course, his favorite party of the video is a little boy getting popcorn. Let's hope that's not the case when we get there!

rentayenta
10-05-2004, 02:58 PM
How very cool that his first trip is in ten days. Have fun!

I have been to DLR once before Thanksgiving but after Halloween. It is definetely more crowded after Thanksgiving and that's when we usually go. We are going this year over Christmas. Personally, I would go to experience the Candlelight processional. I hear its fantastic.

Dlandmom
10-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks! We are so excited to take our 2 year old (almost 3) for his very first time in 10 days! A friend of ours had one of those "Day at Disneyland" videos and we've been showing it to him, so he is pretty excited. Of course, his favorite party of the video is a little boy getting popcorn. Let's hope that's not the case when we get there!
Try not to have too many expectations...my daughter once went to Disneyland and didn't ride on a single ride...all she wanted was popcorn (it was not her first time to DLR, but I was shocked nonetheless!).

itig
10-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi all -

My first post...be nice :) I have a few questions regarding the 50th Anniversary...

Does anyone know how long the 50th Anniversary celebration is going to run? Will it end on December 31, 2005 or run through May 4, 2006? Also, what's this candlelight processional you all are discussing? We are going to Disneyland for a week in early December - will we be able to see it?

Thanks!

Biscuit
10-06-2004, 05:55 PM
We're planning a trip 11/28/05-11/30/05 so we can ride the re-opened Space Mountain, ride the re-opened submarines, see the 50th Anniversary decor and shows and see the holiday decor and shows all in one trip.

Snap! :) We couldn't go back for the trip of a lifetime without our fave ride.

And hey, thanks guys for the comments on crowds before and after thanksgiving. We've been tossing up between just those two options.

Are the crowds post-Thanksgiving (ie: after the holiday has finished) incredibly bad, summer holiday bad, or tolerable?

Tanks!

iwannabeanimagineer
10-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Are the crowds post-Thanksgiving (ie: after the holiday has finished) incredibly bad, summer holiday bad, or tolerable?
My experience has been that the crowds from the Monday after Thanksgiving until New Year's Eve start out tolerable, get progressively larger, becoming summer holiday bad, then progress to incredibly bad and even ridiculous by New Year's Eve. Unless the weather turns bad...in which case the place is empty!

In our case, we don't really mind incredibly bad crowds, so we love being there on December 22nd, 23rd, 26th or 27th.