PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take to ride every ride?

tink1234
10-04-2004, 06:43 AM
We are going to DLR for 3 maybe 4 days. My goal is to see every attraction and ride every ride. Is this possible? How about possible without being a drill sargent? As you probably know we have 4 dd 7 and under so to do this we would have to do some schedule rearrangeing with Grandma to help with babysitting so we can go on the big rides. Also we will need some down time. The resort will be open until midnight one day, 8 the next and midnight the following. Can anyone give me a rough plan of action for both DL and DCA for attempting this? :confused:

rentayenta
10-04-2004, 07:49 AM
The time of year that you are visiting will effect how crowded it is. We are going during the holidays so I have decided to invest in Ridemax to help me with an itinerary.

I can tell you that:
arrive early for less crowds in the morning
eat during the less busy times
I think you can do all of DCA in one day(?). I would do DCA the day that the parks close early. Then you can finish up at DL with a parade or something.

Have fun :)

Emma
10-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Tink...

It should be really easy, even during a busy time of year, to go on every ride in 3 or 4 days. Really, if you did them in the right order, you could do it in 2. The California Adventure wouldn't take a full day, so you could use part of that day to finish anything you missed at DL. So you'll be fine. Just go on the busy rides early in the morning and utilize fastpasses. :)

Wendi
10-04-2004, 08:32 AM
I would consider using Ridemax if you want to schedule every ride into your itinerary. It will give you a very realistic schedule and the optimum times to ride each attraction to fit in as much as possible. I think you will be able to see everything in 4 days.

Disneygirl65
10-04-2004, 09:36 AM
I believe there was a thread a few months ago where two people did everything in DL in one day. Could not find the thread though. Maybe someone else can?

jrsharp21
10-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Back when they had the early entry at 6:30am, me and three of my friends set out to ride every ride. We passed up the shows like Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Tikki Room, etc. We started at 6:30am and we actuall rode every ride that day at Disneyland by 1pm. We did all the Fantasyland rides while since it was open for early entry. Then we went straight to Adventureland as soon as the rope dropped. Then we worked our way around the park to Tomorrrowland. While this was fun to do, it was also very tiring as it was non stop on the go. This was also too when I didn't care about buying Disney merchandise or eating at the park so there was no stops anywhere.

dasrock
10-04-2004, 10:29 AM
does ridemax let you schedule bathroom breaks???Several times in the past I was the timee scheduler/drill sergant which usually resulted in deep discussions with the wife in the middle of main street :D . Now we usually just go with the flow and enjoy the park......zen baby...see the mouse..be the mouse....

Wendi
10-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Yep, you can schedule breaks into Ridemax!

dlandnut
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Can someone explain Ridemax and where we find the info? :)

rentayenta
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
www.ridemax.com

I am still in the process of learning about it although I have already subscribed.

CoasterChickie
10-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Yep, you can schedule breaks into Ridemax!

Wow!!

Is it really possible to schedule a group of people to all go to the bathroom at the same time? What if someone needs to go a half hour earlier? :eek:

If it was a non-crowded day, I suppose you could go on every ride and see every show in one day, but I think that would be a very tiring, non-relaxing day and I wouldn't attempt it, even with fast passes or ride max!

sdfilmcritic
10-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Estimated Time of Waiting and Riding: 525,600 minutes.

bduff
10-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes for the "ride every ride" part. Maybe for the "see every attraction." If you're going during the non-peak season, you won't have the crowds to contend with, but you'll also have shorter park hours and some of the shows/attractions won't run every day. We intended to work in the Aladdin show on our trip last week, but it wasn't a high priority and we left it for the last day we were there . . . only to find it wasn't playing on Tuesdays. Oops. Oh, it will also make a difference if you consider seeing the characters in the parks as one of the attractions. Our kids loved that part of it, but it does take up time, since lots of other guests also are wanting pictures and autographs, so there's a line to wait through for almost every character greeting.

sleepyjeff
10-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Just go, enjoy, do what strikes your fancy. On the night before your last full day, check the guide and see what attractions you have not seen yet. You may be surprised to see that it is just a few. Read the description of those rides and judge for yourself if you would rather see something like innoventions or ride Splash Mt. again....make a simple plan to see these missed attractions and be sure to sprinkle in a few of those you have already been on and liked too :)

That's how my family does it :fez: