PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Drumsticks

dlandnut
10-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Sunday night on the Food Channel I watched a show about the food at Walt Disney World. Included was a segment on the Turkey Drumsticks, which I remember seeing last time I was at Disneyland. I also remember thinking as I walked past where they were being sold (by the Matterhorn) that I can't imagine going to Disneyland to eat a Turkey Drumstick. Anyway, they showed how they are made and they looked absolutely wonderful! I am now not only counting the days until I go to Disneyland next June, but also counting the days until I can eat one of those Turkey Drumsticks!!! Are they as good as they look? :) :)

10-04-2004, 06:28 AM
I saw that show! And the turkey drumsticks are why I started the low-sodium thread - they inject the drumsticks with a saline solution.

People love those drumsticks, I know. But to me, it's so Fred Flintstone.

jrsharp21
10-04-2004, 09:54 AM
These are yummy!!!! I try to have one every time I go. They are soo big also. You can probably share one with another person. But they are very greasy also. Get plenty of napkins.

CoasterChickie
10-04-2004, 10:09 AM
My hubby will take a giant turkey leg over a churro any day!!!

(You should see all the men who stand around at the Renaissance Faire eating those things!! Hey, I might even have a photo......I'll be back!!)

P.S. I can't imagine a group of women standing around gnawing on those, but if any of you want to get together at MA and do that, I'll be happy to take your picture!! :~D

LOYL2DZNY
10-04-2004, 02:23 PM
THEY ARE THE BEST!!!! they're really big, but my hubby can eat on all to hisself, so my daughter and i share one, although, she's a pretty good eater, too. that is one of the things we ALWAYS get at DL...that and fantasia ice cream!!! mmmmmmm....yummy!!!!!

cstephens
10-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Getting a turkey leg and a salad from Farmer's Market and splitting the two with my husband was one of our favorite meals. And yes, I was the one gnawing on the bone. Mmmmm.

Tutter
10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
I saw them last time I was in Disneyland 3 weeks ago. They are absolutely massive, I was quite stunned by their size. I didn't try one though, I was looking for the churros mmmmmm

yasudab
10-04-2004, 08:03 PM
they are good, but also very salty. buy or bring a drink while you eat it. After a few bites, you will be drinking.