PDA

View Full Version : UGH! Flash Photography

Pages : [1] 2

LilmissTinkerbell
10-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Sometimes I really hate people.
Last night, I went on the HMH and three were 3 people in my near vacinity taking flash pictures all through the line and the ride. They were told reapatedly to stop taking pictures but continued through the whole ride. The worst part was when they got off the ride, and were approached by someone about it, they said they didn't speak english. Then not more then 10 seconds later, they spoke english just fine. That makes me completeley agngry. First off, the flash ruined the ambiance of the ride, and then I didn't enjoy being blinded every ten seconds through the ride, ruining my ablity to enjoy the ride. I love DL. I love HMH. Yes, I have an AP, however that is probalbly the only time I'll get to go oin this year, and the expireince was runied for me by people who don't care. I hate that. To me, DL means so much to me, I would never want to ruin it for someone else like that, especially after being told to stop. I just don't understand....

nursemelis374
10-04-2004, 06:37 AM
That is a huge pet peeve of mine too! I feel blinded when people use their flashes on those really dark rides!

mw9955
10-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh I know! I went on HMH yesterday too and same thing.. I was irritated by the "flasher" so it kinda ruined the experience for me... I am sure they will keep doing it..

cstephens
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

Oh, sorry, never mind, move along, nothing to see here.

Wfoxx
10-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Before rocket rods, when they still had circlevision 360. they were showing wonder of china. This lady kept taking pictures of the movie for goodness sakes! I finally got fed up when she flashed me int the face and I yelled,"No flash pictures and that means you lady! She didn't do for the rest of the movie but, efoxx wanted to crawl out of there. I just had enough.

Tutter
10-04-2004, 05:53 PM
I don't understand it either. There is absolutely no justification for it whatsoever.

Even the excuse that someone doesn't speak English is acceptable as it is pure common sense that what you are doing is spoiling it for others.

It is rude in the extreme.

skoolpsyk
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
same thing happened to me on the regular HM recently. I was really depressed. I only go in the mornings now, first thing, when we can be in a very small group and then wait until there are empty doombuggies ahead of us and behind us...
I hate people!!!

BJW
10-04-2004, 09:55 PM
I was blind one time by the time I got off of Small World. This lady felt she had to take a picture of every doll! :mad: After waiting 30 min. for a ride this is very annoying! I know exactly how you guys feel!

I Heart Disneyland!
10-04-2004, 10:54 PM
OH MY GOSH! :eek: This is such a ME topic!!! Once on POTC, we were just approaching the first drop....the skull was saying his speech (which is just too cool) and the people on the front of the boat brought out a HUGE video camera with a HUGE spotlight on it!!! I thought everyone in the boat was going to leap on them. We were all screaming and yelling, and they did the whole NO ENGLISH thing too. UGH! We were so frustrated! They finally got the hint, and shut it off. :rolleyes:

I admit, (now that I've complained) that I HAVE taken a few flash photos in rides, BUT, only the ones where we've either been completely alone or ones where it would NOT hinder anyone else's enjoyment. It's rude!!!

Stepping off my soapbox now....great topic! :)

Aurora
10-04-2004, 10:58 PM
I feel like giving all of you guys a hug. I can say that we CMs HATE flash photography in the mansion. When someone pulls the no english trick, we just send someone who speaks spanish. Its funny, but yes please dont use flashes in the mansion. :D

PapiBear
10-05-2004, 03:52 PM
If you see somebody doing this and pulling the old "I don't speak English" routine when you can HEAR them speaking English just fine, go up to them, grab their camera away from them, toss it in the Rivers of America or smash it on the ground, and then you'll find out whether or not they speak English. (If they start yelling at you in English, just reply "Sorry, no speak English!" and walk away.) Hey, if it's worth it to them to ruin YOUR Disneyland experience, it's worth it to you to ruin theirs. Just remember to smile and tell them to "Have a Nice Day!" :D

Klutch
10-05-2004, 05:40 PM
This situation reminds me of a comedy routine I heard many years ago. I don't recall the name of the "standup guy", but he said something like this...

=================
First we had "Life" magazine. Then we got "People". Later came "Us". Now we have "Self".
=================

It's an accurate commentary about how most people don't give a rip about anyone but themselves. As long as they get the pictures they wan't, why should they care what rules they violate or what people they annoy? Be it on the roads, at the mall, at the park, or at Disneyland; these days, unless there's a swift and sure penalty, people are going to do what they want. What people want is usually at the expense of others.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Sometimes I really hate people.
Last night, I went on the HMH and three were 3 people in my near vacinity taking flash pictures all through the line and the ride. They were told reapatedly to stop taking pictures but continued through the whole ride. The worst part was when they got off the ride, and were approached by someone about it, they said they didn't speak english. Then not more then 10 seconds later, they spoke english just fine. That makes me completeley agngry. First off, the flash ruined the ambiance of the ride, and then I didn't enjoy being blinded every ten seconds through the ride, ruining my ablity to enjoy the ride. I love DL. I love HMH. Yes, I have an AP, however that is probalbly the only time I'll get to go oin this year, and the expireince was runied for me by people who don't care. I hate that. To me, DL means so much to me, I would never want to ruin it for someone else like that, especially after being told to stop. I just don't understand....

I always get angry at idiots who keep getting told and then act like it doesn't apply to them, when they know it does!

D-lander 1956
10-06-2004, 06:30 AM
It's an accurate commentary about how most people don't give a rip about anyone but themselves. As long as they get the pictures they wan't, why should they care what rules they violate or what people they annoy? Be it on the roads, at the mall, at the park, or at Disneyland; these days, unless there's a swift and sure penalty, people are going to do what they want. What people want is usually at the expense of others.

Well said and sadly true-we certainly live in a "me, me" society :( :(

Main Street Magic
10-06-2004, 06:58 AM
Since we are all on a "no flash" roll here, I'd like to tell you all about the time we were down at WDW (sorry I realize this is the DL site). My family of five was having one of those days where it seemed like everywhere we went flashes were going off around us. Well, it was late in the afternoon and we decided to enjoy the Enchanted Tiki Room (this was before it was changed)....So, the CM starts the show and requests that all flash photography be held until near the end of the performance when the lights come up brighter and the entire "cast" is onstage. She starts the show and doesn't even get half way up the aisle before the flashes begin from one lady right in front of me. Well, I put up with it for about 5 minutes and so I leaned forward and politely said "no flash photography please", to which I was promptly ignored. She continued flashing so a couple of minutes later I raised my voice a little louder and said "no flashes please!" to which I got a stare from this woman and a nudge in my side from my wife to be quiet. Of course this lady continued to flash, so finally in my loudest voice I screamed "No FLASH MEANS YOU!" and the flashes stopped. I looked over to my family who was attempting to sneak lower in their seats. I was sure that the CM was going to ask me to leave for being a pain but the show continued, no one asked me to leave and as we we leaving I had many people in the room stop me and thank me for doing what I did. And, yes, my family was still talking to me afterwards, too.

Is there a moral to this story? Nah. Will I do it again? well, depends on my mood. Normally I will let the CM's handle stuff like this (they're supposed to, right?).

dlandnut
10-06-2004, 08:02 AM
. . .so finally in my loudest voice I screamed "No FLASH MEANS YOU!" and the flashes stopped. I looked over to my family who was attempting to sneak lower in their seats. I was sure that the CM was going to ask me to leave for being a pain but the show continued, no one asked me to leave and as we we leaving I had many people in the room stop me and thank me for doing what I did. And, yes, my family was still talking to me afterwards, too.

Is there a moral to this story? Nah. Will I do it again? well, depends on my mood. Normally I will let the CM's handle stuff like this (they're supposed to, right?).

Good on ya! I suspect that you were "secretly" cheered by the rest of the guests. Somebody has to be brave enough to stand up and yell "foul ball" and you were the one! NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY MEANS NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! :)

tod
10-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Before rocket rods, when they still had circlevision 360. they were showing wonder of china. This lady kept taking pictures of the movie for goodness sakes! I finally got fed up when she flashed me int the face and I yelled,"No flash pictures and that means you lady! She didn't do for the rest of the movie but, efoxx wanted to crawl out of there. I just had enough.

If it'll make you feel any better, the lady got lots of pictures of a whited-out screen. The flash overrides the projector. :~D

--t

mystycalchyk
10-06-2004, 09:38 AM
If it'll make you feel any better, the lady got lots of pictures of a whited-out screen. The flash overrides the projector. :~D

--t

:eek: how do you know?

*points and yells*

FLASHER!!!!!! FLASHER!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

tod
10-06-2004, 09:48 AM
:eek: how do you know?

*points and yells*

FLASHER!!!!!! FLASHER!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

One look at the screen when somebody does that will tell you.

As to the flasher accusation, I'll have you know... those charges were dropped. ;)

--t

Thomas
10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
My solution to the people taking flash pictures is to point my camera at them and take a picture of them. Now that they are temporarily blinded, they can't see anything, let alone take a picture. And I have a real funny picture of them as well which I later delete.

Wfoxx
10-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Since we are all on a "no flash" roll here, I'd like to tell you all about the time we were down at WDW (sorry I realize this is the DL site). My family of five was having one of those days where it seemed like everywhere we went flashes were going off around us. Well, it was late in the afternoon and we decided to enjoy the Enchanted Tiki Room (this was before it was changed)....So, the CM starts the show and requests that all flash photography be held until near the end of the performance when the lights come up brighter and the entire "cast" is onstage. She starts the show and doesn't even get half way up the aisle before the flashes begin from one lady right in front of me. Well, I put up with it for about 5 minutes and so I leaned forward and politely said "no flash photography please", to which I was promptly ignored. She continued flashing so a couple of minutes later I raised my voice a little louder and said "no flashes please!" to which I got a stare from this woman and a nudge in my side from my wife to be quiet. Of course this lady continued to flash, so finally in my loudest voice I screamed "No FLASH MEANS YOU!" and the flashes stopped. I looked over to my family who was attempting to sneak lower in their seats. I was sure that the CM was going to ask me to leave for being a pain but the show continued, no one asked me to leave and as we we leaving I had many people in the room stop me and thank me for doing what I did. And, yes, my family was still talking to me afterwards, too.

I'm soooooooooo glad I'm not the only out there. :~D

disneyperson
10-06-2004, 11:40 AM
I would be very cranky if I'd waited a long time to ride HMH and it was ruined by morons with flash cameras. I've often told "flashers" to stop taking pictures. I particularly hate it on POTC when I'm stuck on the same boat with them. I've found that straing at them until they put the camera down often works. (you don't have to speak english to understand that) On a side note, our first visit to HMH last year was marred by a group of about fifteen people who started singing Happy Birthday to one of the group at the top of their lungs in the stretching room. I'd never seen HMH before and I really wanted to hear the narration and listen to the music. Ticked off? You betcha.

sierranevada
10-06-2004, 11:48 AM
My solution to the people taking flash pictures is to point my camera at them and take a picture of them. Now that they are temporarily blinded, they can't see anything, let alone take a picture. And I have a real funny picture of them as well which I later delete.

LOL!!! I will have to try that next time! Serves them right!

DopeyWife
10-06-2004, 12:21 PM

That is too funny!

missm
10-06-2004, 12:31 PM
I hate when people take flash photos on rides. There was another thread like this here's the link, it has some good points and ideas on how to get the picture without a flash.

link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31650)