PDA

View Full Version : Survey marker survey

tod
10-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Anybody want to help compile a list of the survey markers around the resort?

As you walk around, if you notice one, note its location (take a picture of it if you'd like) and let's see if we can get them all.

I think there's one alomg the Rivers of America, on the walkway nearest the river, between Pirates and The Haunted Mansion.

I think there's one on the walkway of the tram loading/unloading area on the World of Disney side.

Anybody interested?

--t

EandCDad
10-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Anybody interested?

--t
I can't really say that I'm interested, but I'm 90% sure that there is a survey marker on the street in DCA across from the Playhouse Disney attraction. Just to the left of Award Weiners. Can't quite remember if it is on the curb or in the actual street. I don't actually even know what a survey marker is and would probably never notice one, but it was a clue in a Mouseadventure game a year or so back, so I saw it when my wife and I tested the game.

King of the Frogs
10-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Between the Frontierland dock and Fowler's Harbor, alongside the Rivers.

Open challenge - find 'em all

Regards; KotF

DCAWhites
10-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Wow, there are a ton of them. There is one between the entrance of Golden Dreams and the south end of the former Xcade. This one is numbered (#16???), and it is the only one I have seen numbered). There is also a survey marker on the concrete base of the east leg of the Golden Gate Bridge, on the "bench". Thats all I can remember. Also, a tad off topic but there is a penny smashed into the concrete on the concrete right on the parade route, just south of the winery, on the right side as you are walking up the hill, right before the gates there.

SoCalDude
10-02-2004, 11:09 PM
ok - I am lost here... any help?

MrsG
10-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Immediately as you enter the front gates - though if you have your annual pass still in your hands, they won't ask you any questions. Is that good or bad??

stan4d_steph
10-03-2004, 09:48 AM
There's one near the GCH entrance to DCA on the path in front of GRR.

SCUBAbe
10-03-2004, 10:08 AM
what do these look like? and why are they left behind after the parks are built?

EandCDad
10-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Immediately as you enter the front gates - though if you have your annual pass still in your hands, they won't ask you any questions. Is that good or bad??

MrsG, tod is talking about little round survey markers that are in the ground (think manhole covers but much, much smaller.) Here's an example (http://www.dustyjacket.com/benchmark/disney_ca1.jpg)

He's not talking about the people who take surveys of park guests holding that electronic clipboard. Also, I've been surveyed several times as an annual passholder, and other AP's on the board have posted similar experiences.

tod
10-03-2004, 11:10 AM
what do these look like? and why are they left behind after the parks are built?

They aren't exactly left behind, they're more like part of the infrastructure, like a manhole cover or a storn drain.

--t

SCUBAbe
10-03-2004, 03:34 PM
They aren't exactly left behind, they're more like part of the infrastructure, like a manhole cover or a storn drain.

--t
ok...I was picturing sticks in the ground...LOL...the picture above cleared it up for me...:)

Merm8fan
10-03-2004, 04:52 PM
ok...I was picturing sticks in the ground...LOL...the picture above cleared it up for me...:)

Cleared it up for me, too... I just didn't want to be the one who asked! ;)

MrsG
10-03-2004, 08:41 PM
MrsG, tod is talking about little round survey markers that are in the ground (think manhole covers but much, much smaller.) Here's an example (http://www.dustyjacket.com/benchmark/disney_ca1.jpg)

He's not talking about the people who take surveys of park guests holding that electronic clipboard. Also, I've been surveyed several times as an annual passholder, and other AP's on the board have posted similar experiences.

:: red faced :: Oh... how stupid of me...