PDA

View Full Version : It's Raining in Anaheim.....

AIRLINE
11-24-2001, 12:51 PM
It's about 2:00 p.m. and it has started to rain within the past 15 minutes here in Anaheim.

Do you think guests will be leaving the parks in droves today during this all important holiday weekend?

Remember, the public relations folks at Disney said that "poor weather" last spring was the reason that DCA had "poor attendance"?

Uh oh

AIRLINE
11-24-2001, 01:25 PM
Disney sales will for sure evaporate down the drain today....

zapppop
11-24-2001, 01:54 PM
Look on the bright side: No LuminAria tonight !

AIRLINE
11-24-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Look on the bright side: No LuminAria tonight !

ripplededge
11-24-2001, 03:21 PM
Just be happy you didn't have to stand outside in the rain, with no rain gear on. Although watching some umbrellas backstage fly out of their holders and smack into walls was pretty fun for about 2 minutes.

JRob2k1
11-24-2001, 03:24 PM
It's also raining in Portland. But for some reason, nobody cares...

-JRob

AIRLINE
11-24-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
It's also raining in Portland. But for some reason, nobody cares...

-JRob

but...doesn't it always rain up there?...while here..the first few rains of the season in the southland are big events....

Traffic was/is a mess on the freeways...saw a big SUV fllip-over at the 22/57 merge.

Local news programs are on "Storm Alert" and providing live shots of the weather realted problems...locals are having difficulty completing their holiday shopping....

LOL

zapppop
11-24-2001, 04:38 PM
So did they close paradise pier ?

tinkfreak
11-24-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by AIRLINE

Not exactly!!! I worked today, and we made an obscene amount of $ on poncho and umbrella sales. It was enough so we could have closed our doors @16:00 and been fine.

The downside? Tons of crabby b**chy people snapped at me cuz' they thought they were the only ones getting rained on. Go home people!!!!!!

MouseWife
11-24-2001, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak

Not exactly!!! I worked today, and we made an obscene amount of $ on poncho and umbrella sales. It was enough so we could have closed our doors @16:00 and been fine.

The downside? Tons of crabby b**chy people snapped at me cuz' they thought they were the only ones getting rained on. Go home people!!!!!!

Reminds me of one time when we went and it started raining.
I asked one of the CM's 'So, what happens when it rains?'
He looked at me with a grin and said 'You get wet.'

I laughed, of course. I just wondered. I had gone before prepared for rain but it had never done it. It was kind of a thrill. Like when we were CHECKING OUT of the cabin in the mountains and it started to actually snow. Well, we did see it for about 15 minutes.

MonorailMan
11-24-2001, 07:18 PM

Boy, what an oxymoron. Evaporating is when water gets hot, turns into a very light steam, and goes up into the clouds, get cold, get denser, and forms clouds. Didn't know water can rise down the drain. Wait, only in Toontown :)

AIRLINE
11-24-2001, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Boy, what an oxymoron. Evaporating is when water gets hot, turns into a very light steam, and goes up into the clouds, get cold, get denser, and forms clouds. Didn't know water can rise down the drain. Wait, only in Toontown :)

LOL...but at Disney when using the wonders of imagineering...

All is Possible....and comes true!

stinkerbell
11-24-2001, 09:14 PM
Only been to DL once in the rain and not looking forward to it this week........

Quick story~~Getting on the Pirates during a day of rain. A CM gets on the PA system and says, "We have a lost little boy here. He can describe his father as a man in a yellow poncho." Most of us just busted up for so long. One of every three people was wearing a yellow poncho, so of course it was a joke, but some people took it so serious and complained and complained.

zapppop
11-24-2001, 09:39 PM
which rides closed today ?

JRob2k1
11-24-2001, 09:43 PM
but...doesn't it always rain up there?...while here..the first few rains of the season in the southland are big events....

You've won this round!!! :D :D

-JRob

Nigel2
11-24-2001, 11:23 PM
Plus we are souther California, we don't care about any state that lacks a Disney Park:D. This rain is nothing compared to the rain they get at WDW, besides being soaked, the AC in the buildings chill you to the bone, then its humid as a... so you feel like you are going to collape at the end, but oddly not tired from walking. Umbrellas alone do nothing, it was so windy at times it actually looked like it was raining sideways.

tabacco
11-25-2001, 12:12 AM
Someday they will dome the park, and only then will the Believe Holiday snow achieve true perfection! :)

On-topic again, it's raining up here in Central CA, too.

Nigel2
11-25-2001, 12:20 AM
I always wondered (this only happend once while I was there) one time I was at disneyland during the summer watching the fireworks and then they stoped folowed by an annoucement saything they are stoped due to the smoke (I think that it didn't move at all) I was wondering did they stop it out of a potental hazard to people in the air or just becuase they wouldn't be as visable to anyone?:confused:

MouseWife
11-25-2001, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
Only been to DL once in the rain and not looking forward to it this week........

Quick story~~Getting on the Pirates during a day of rain. A CM gets on the PA system and says, "We have a lost little boy here. He can describe his father as a man in a yellow poncho." Most of us just busted up for so long. One of every three people was wearing a yellow poncho, so of course it was a joke, but some people took it so serious and complained and complained.

This is so funny! I can see the sad part of it but it is funny!

A lesson to all parents: 1}don't lose your kids! 2} teach them, however young, what to do if you do become separated!.

My husband puts a business card of his {has his cell phone #}, and writes my cell phone # and puts down his name, our names and the name of the hotel we are at and what room. It's called his 'Lost Card' and he is to show it to security or a CM if he ever gets lost.

The big kids, hey, they are on their own. :D

MonorailMan
11-25-2001, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife

...The big kids, hey, they are on their own. :D

Sometimes, I feel like I should lose my parents at Disneyland, they do some weird stuff, I especally like how they complain about the prices, when I'm buying the thing there complaining to me about.

MouseWife
11-25-2001, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Sometimes, I feel like I should lose my parents at Disneyland, they do some weird stuff, I especally like how they complain about the prices, when I'm buying the thing there complaining to me about.

LOL

Yes, I cracked up when we let the kids go off by themselves with their friends, when we ran into them, they pretended not to see us! My 7 year old went up to them anyways.

And, I think sometimes parents LIKE to embarress their kids. Why, just the other day in K-Mart, we were walking around the pajama department and Jamoriquis' {sp} song 'Dance' came over the speakers. I told her, I can't stop myself! And I started to do this dance routine through the racks!!! I told her, Hey this would be a great commercial! Moms dancing around the store.
She said, Ah, no.