PDA

View Full Version : November Crowds/Closures?

Lekta
10-02-2004, 09:04 AM
I sure it has been asked, however, I searched to no avail. Does anyone have a general idea of what to expect the crowds to be like in November? We were considering moving our trip up to November, as I have some business to attend to in December?

Also, does anyone know of any scheduled closures of the major attractions for November? We are trying to figure out what part of the month would be best. I would assume, for no real reason, that Thanksgiving week would be crowded, although, as I said, based upon no info just a hunch.

Thank you all kindly! Have a great weekend!!

Wendi
10-02-2004, 09:14 AM
What dates are you planning on? I am going November 1-5. November 5th is the official kickoff to the holiday season, iaswh will open that day, they should also start the fireworks with snow that night. Scheduled refurbs are iaswh (until Nov 4), Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Columbia (+F!), Sleeping Beauty's Castle, & Tiki Room. Crowds should be very low during that week. You will also be able to experience HMH. I have heard that this may be an El Nino year, so you may get poured on...

AliciasMom
10-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Every year since the original El Nino they have been claimed it's another El Nino year. I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Lekta
10-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Rain just makes the crowds less, I would assume. I have never been when it was raining, but, I doubt it would hamper my enjoyment!

pisces
10-02-2004, 10:33 AM
There have also been times when it's been unusually hot in November---Indian Summer.

November is a strange month, weatherwise, in California. Anything's possible.

Cariad
10-02-2004, 01:26 PM
i'll be there nov 1 - 8, and I am soooooooooo looking forward to the beginning of the holiday themed stuff! Unpredictable weather sounds very British to me - We'll be used to it!

Darkbeer
10-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Here is a good detailed refurb list..

http://www.miboards.com/showthread.php?t=18152

Most of November should be quiet, of course weekends are somewhat busy due to the locals coming out to the park. Also, Thanksgiving weekend is quite busy.

King of the Frogs
10-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Just wondering ...

Regards; KotF

Darkbeer
10-02-2004, 03:00 PM
I can answer that, the Sailing Ship Columbia is under refurb, and that means that Fantasmic! (aka F!) is also not available for performances, due to the fact that the Columbia has a major role in the show.

Lekta
10-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Darkbeer for President 2004!!!!

Darkbeer
10-02-2004, 10:12 PM
I forgot one more Holiday..

Veterans Day weekend...

Vetrans Day is officially Thursday, November 11th, and that is the day that the Federal Goverment will give employees off, but it might make the entire weekend (From November 11th thru Monday November 15th) busier than normal.