PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland alone

Ace
11-24-2001, 12:30 PM
I'm going to Disneyland in 2 weeks for 2 days, and the first day I might be going alone to DL while my family goes to DCA. I just wanted to know how it is... I don't think I'll get bored, since it is Disneyland, after all, but.... I don't know. I heard there were some rides where you could skip the line if you were all alone...which rides are those?

FEJ
11-24-2001, 12:34 PM
I know Indy has a single rider "skip" sometimes. you have to ask the CM's at the front about it.
Disney alone is awesome. sometimes i dont even go on rides. i just bring my book and soak it in.

merlinjones
11-24-2001, 12:38 PM
>>I'm going to Disneyland in 2 weeks for 2 days, and the first day I might be going alone to DL while my family goes to DCA. I just wanted to know how it is... I don't think I'll get bored, since it is Disneyland, after all, but.... I don't know. I heard there were some rides where you could skip the line if you were all alone...which rides are those?<<

Going alone is just as much fun as going with friends, just a different experience (I do it all the time)! You can go where you want to go at any moment with no other opinions or negotiation - - poke around in areas you might not go to normally - - wander and enjoy the sights and sounds. There's so much more than just rides. You'll love it, especially since you have the family on day 2!

Rocket Rods used to have a single rider line, but its long gone...

JRob2k1
11-24-2001, 12:39 PM
At the last JRob Meet....I got the chance to wander both parks by myself for a few hours!!

It was really cool. I got to enjoy what I wanted to enjoy. I hardly went on any rides, like FEJ mentioned, and just soaked the place in. I looked at details, little things that are usually forgotten or overlooked in the rush of things! It really made me appreciate DL in a whole new sense!

-JRob

Ace
11-24-2001, 12:43 PM
I'll go by myself, then.... that way I can spend all the time I want eating frozen bananas and looking at small things that mean something to me! I can look for all the things I've never seen and go on the rides I've never been on.... ahh, life rules.

Gemini Cricket
11-24-2001, 01:09 PM
Going by yourself can be fun. It's a great time to do the things you want to do without having to take a committee vote on it. You can go at your own pace, take pictures at your leisure and do things as many times as you want! It's also a lot of fun to people-watch when you're by yourself. It can be very enlightening.:)

DisneylandBoy
11-25-2001, 09:40 AM
I don't think I would enjoy Disneyland alone. I like going with friends, it gives us a nice time to get rid of school and socialize! I enjoy the rides, but I have gone on a few rides by myself (if my friends didn't want to go) and it isn't the same. You don't have soemone to point stuff out to or to have them point stuff out.

MonorailMan
11-25-2001, 09:44 AM
True, when I go , I don't mind shopping or soking everything in alone, but when riding, it's much more fun to be able to point things out and stuff.

zapppop
11-25-2001, 09:48 AM
Going alone is better because you can do as much of what you want, whenever you want. There's no one to disagree with you. I like going with my friends and family but usually I just go and don't bother to invite anyone. It's more relaxing. That's why I'm not inviting anyone to come with me to Euro Disneyland next summer when I go on a 3 week vacation in Europe. Unless you're the kind of person that gets lonely easily, just go and have fun and don't think about anyone else. Self indulge !

FEJ
11-25-2001, 09:50 AM
I went with some friends last night who were loud, obnoxioyus and it bummed me out. they started cussing,and talking about other things real loud on POC.. i felt kinda ashamed. when one noticed i was quiet and kinda bummed, i had to mention that it might other people's only visit to disneyland and i didnt want to be the one to ruin it.

I prefer alone or with someone who appreciates the magic...

USofA
11-25-2001, 09:56 AM
Disney by yourself rocks. I have made 4 trips to WDW by myself. They were probably the best trips I have made. When I go, I get up when I want, do what I want, relax without anyone pressuring me to go the "must rides". And I can meet people from boards like MP without someone thinking I am a freak or total Diznoid and looking down on it.

I am currently planning a March trip to DLR by myself. Stay at Grand California, and enjoy the resort atmosphere. I may even ride a ride or two, but who knows. I say enjoy DL by yourself, let the others deal with making each other happy, INDULGE

cindanzr
11-25-2001, 07:12 PM
About half the time I'm at Disneyland, I'm there solo. When you go alone, you get to pick the rides, decide where you eat, and set your own pace. You also get the chance to strike up conversations. You can meet a lot of interesting people that way. I don't mind going alone, especially if I'm in need of a breather from a busy schedule. I can de-stress at my own pace.

jsuperk
11-25-2001, 08:06 PM
I work outside cleaning pools. So when it rains I head out to the parks and top brass for lunch. They have great sandwiches, tvs to watch the news and it's warm and dry inside. However it's a bear to get home to long beach with the rain and the traffic. If your there and it's a rainy weekday stop by top brass and I should be there.

Mad Madam Mim
11-26-2001, 10:06 AM
If you have the chance to go alone... that is great.

DL is much more then rides (although we do love them immensely) When your alone, you have a chance to really experience the park. You don't just "show up and go on rides"

originally posted by FEJ
I prefer alone or with someone who appreciates the magic...

my feelings exactly ;)

Dawnie
12-08-2001, 04:59 PM
I'm feeling so guilty, yet very excited about the chance to go into the park alone!! Hee! My family and I just bought our annual passes about 3 weeks ago, and have been with the kids everytime thus far. My husband is off the week after the holidays and I'm planning to spend a day at D-land by myself. I think it's going to feel weird at first, but I just want the chance to walk around, enjoy the ambience and do some serious shopping!! ;)

Morrigoon
12-08-2001, 05:56 PM
originally posted by zappop

That's why I'm not inviting anyone to come with me to Euro Disneyland next summer when I go on a 3 week vacation in Europe. Unless you're the kind of person that gets lonely easily, just go and have fun and don't think about anyone else. Self indulge !

There's certainly an argument for that. Having done DLP alone one time myself, I know you'll have a good time.

BUT, there's also an argument for having a travel partner, especially in Europe. Two can get around almost as easily as one, and share hotel costs. Also, you have someone to share your experience with, and recall it later. Hyperboy (my best buddy) and I still talk about things we experienced when we did the Europe tour thing in 99. It's nice to have one person in the world who understands what you're talking about, "remember the time we....?" I'm already itching to go to Europe again (did Paris back in February with my dad and his gf), but I don't really want to go it alone, I'd rather have a friend along to share the trip with. (Mind you, I'd be VERY picky about who I take to Europe with me, I have some friends whom I just don't think I could travel with! -none of whom read these boards ;))

So that brings you back to great reasons to go it alone: no conflict. No moods, no 'tudes, no disagreements on whether to ride rides (see museums) or grab a coke and people watch (sit in a cafe and soak up the local flavor).

So uh, where you going on your sojourn? If you're still choosing, I can give you some tips! :)

(btw: if "La Legende du Mulan" is still playing in Discoveryland, take some time out and go see it!!! Oh, and NEVER eat a burger in France, not even a Disney one!)

zapppop
12-08-2001, 06:14 PM
There are 2 people I would consider bringing with me to Europe.

The first person is a friend from work. I don't know him that well yet but he's very playful so it could be lots of fun.
The other person is my Wendy. I haven't seen her for months cause she lives in the bay area and is a student at Berkeley but she loves Disneyland too.
Neither one of them have been to Euro Disneyland before or any other Disneyland other than the original in Anaheim.

I might pick one of them if they have the time and interest.

So what's wrong with the burgers in France ? If I bite one, will it moo at me or what ?

Morrigoon
12-08-2001, 06:33 PM
They can't DO them. Ruin 'em every time. Save your money... eat crepes.

zapppop
12-08-2001, 09:16 PM
do they serve wine in the park ?

Morrigoon
12-08-2001, 09:19 PM
Yes, at Plaza Gardens (their Plaza Inn)

Probably at a few other spots too, like Auberge du Cendrillon (cinderella's, inside Fantasyland). But I know for sure it's at Plaza Gardens

zapppop
12-08-2001, 09:21 PM
is there a limit ?

Nigel2
12-08-2001, 10:00 PM
Try to get to Amsterdam while you are in europe.:D Then every park you go to can be just like Bob Marley World.:D

Morrigoon
12-08-2001, 10:55 PM
Even without Amsterdam's two, um... shall we say, major attractions?... it's a great European city to visit. It has long daylight hours in summer, most of the population speaks at least passing English, the bakeries are great, the sidewalk cafes are great (there's a real nice one right on the Dam square with good french fries and great people watching), and of course museums. There's the Anne Frank house, bicycle riding in the little (flat!) towns (like Volendam), windmills, beautiful scenery, etc. Lots of good reasons to see Amsterdam.

And if you're bored, there's always the coffeeshops and red-light district (though neither particularly appeals to me)

Nigel2
12-08-2001, 11:20 PM
Yeah but having fries with mayo tastes rather nasty unless they add some special flavors to it. And their bakeries giggle are great too.:D

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-08-2001, 11:55 PM
Ok what's wrong with the burgers at dlp? I had a great meal including a beer in Fantasyland (with some very european style mayo-freak dip for the fries) at Mr Toads something.

Anyway in general I would venture to say I found most food - espically fresh fruit - to be of higher quailty in and around paris than any american city I've visited.

Even the typical McDonalds hamburger tasted juicy and moist and oooooooooh wait mabye I just miss france.... :-)

Oh yeah ask for ice. Otherwise u get a lukewarm coke