View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday-related entrees at French Market

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
10-01-2004, 09:18 PM
French Market has customarily had an entree and some desserts themed with
Haunted Mansion Holiday. They didn't bring back the Chicken Six Feet Under
this year. Here are the new entrees:

Sally's Eye of Newt Marinara $11.99
vegetable baked pasta with peppers and marinara sauce served in a souvenir Zero dog dish

Zero Bowl o' Bones $12.99
barbeque pork ribs and chicken legs served with steak fries in a souvenir Zero dog dish

I saw a couple of desserts but I think they're similar to last year's.

I did notice, however, that this is the first year when the gingerbread sculpture in the serving line doesn't match the gingerbread sculpture on the dining table in the ballroom of HMH. Curious.

AlohaJulie
10-01-2004, 09:49 PM
I really like the addition of the souvenir Zero dog bowls. I saw those tonight and it looks as if the bowl actually comes wrapped separately...maybe because people don't want to eat straight from a dog dish? :D

Tomorrow, I'm trying the Sally's Eye of Newt Marinara!

SoCalDisneyLover
10-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Do they sell the dog dish separately?

ModHatter
10-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Well, I was at the Julep Bar but didn't notice my favorite Halloween treat -- the funnel cake with Rice Krispy spider. Any chance it's just lurking somewhere I wasn't looking?

10-02-2004, 05:10 AM
Cool thread!

rentayenta
10-02-2004, 06:37 AM
What material are Zero's bowls made of? I love being able to keep the dish. I read that they don't do the Mousekameal bowls anymore so this sounds like a nice substitute. Will they be serving these themed dishes up until Christmas?

Merm8fan
10-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Dang! I was going to try the Chicken legs (Six Feet Under?) this coming weekend. That was with the mashed potatoes, right?

They sounded good last year, but I couldn't convince the rest of my party to eat there.

Double dang! :crying:

AlohaJulie
10-02-2004, 09:54 PM
What material are Zero's bowls made of? I love being able to keep the dish.

I got one today and they're made of plastic with a removeable rubber non-skid ring on the bottom.

The desserts look delicious and if I'm remembering right, different from last year. There's a dog bone-shaped chocolate cake with whipped cream and a round white cake filled with lemon frosting and covered in chocolate shavings and a green chocolate Oogie Boogie popping out of the top. There's also a cheesecake with a gummy spider on top.

Lani
10-02-2004, 10:18 PM
I read that they don't do the Mousekameal bowls anymore so this sounds like a nice substitute.Ahh, but not everywhere, it turns out! Mousekameal bowls are still available for the kid's meals over at Plaza Inn. At least as of about a month ago.

rentayenta
10-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Ahh, but not everywhere, it turns out! Mousekameal bowls are still available for the kid's meals over at Plaza Inn. At least as of about a month ago.

That is good news. My kids love to eat breakfast out of them. You can put French toast in the middle, syrup in one ear, and fruit in the other. The ones we have are looking worn. I would buy dishes like the Mousekameal ones if they made them.

AlohaJulie- that dessert sounds great. I hope they are still selling those meals in Zero bowls until Christmas.

cstephens
10-03-2004, 09:44 PM
We had lunch at French Market today and among our group tried both new
entrees, both of which come with a side salad but none of the signs say
that. What is it with Disney doing this? Anyway, the ribs were pretty
good, the chicken was just so-so, and the pasta was good but was a fairly
large portion. They actually put the food in a plastic bowl that then sits
on the Zero dog dish, but it's fairly difficult to eat out of the bowl,
especially the Bowl o' Bones, as the french fries are on the bottom, and
then the chicken legs are put on top and then the ribs put on top of that,
so for those who don't necessarily want to eat the different items from top
to bottom, I'd recommend asking for a separate plate so you can rearrange
the contents. The bowl is pretty cute, nice black plastic with "ZERO"
written in caps in white, 2 black-and-white pictures of Zero, 2
black-and-white pictures of candy canes and 2 black-and-white pictures of
skull and crossbones. The bowl also comes with a rubber non-skid ring
around the bottom. The bowl comes free with the two featured entrees. If
you purchase a different entree, you can purchase the bowl for $2.99. If
you just want to purchase the bowl itself, the price is $5.99.

They are also apparently running the patch promotion again, though I don't
remember seeing/hearing anything about it beforehand anywhere. For each
purchase of $25 or more (before tax and after discounts) at French Market,
you receive a special HMH patch. The promotion started this week and runs
for 13 weeks, with a different patch each week. The patch for this week is
Zero, who is holding a candy cane in his mouth and is floating in front of
the mansion. The bottom of the patch reads "2004 Haunted Mansion Holiday
Disneyland Park". It's quite cute.

There's also a souvenir mug available at French Market (I'm not sure if it's
available elsewhere as well). It's kind of teal, and the picture is Zero,
with a string of holiday lights in his mouth, decorating his nearby doghouse
in the cemetery. The "Nightmare Before Christmas" banner is at the top,
with "Haunted Mansion Holiday" underneath that. The bottom says "Disneyland
Park 2004". It is a really cute mug, one that Zero fans will especially
love.

Hopefully, we'll have pictures of everything up in a few days.

BTW, with regard to the Mousekemeal bowls, if those are the plastic Mickey-shaped ones, I saw some on display at French Market, so maybe they still have those as well.

RStar
10-04-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm sooo there for the Bowl 'O Bones!!

rentayenta
10-04-2004, 12:39 PM
If anyone wants to see what the Zero bowl looks like, the MP weekly update has photos. I can't wait to have my Bowl o' Bones. Hope the kids are in mood for ribs or pasta because I want a bowl per person!

Dlandmom
10-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Just ate there last night. The pasta didn't look too appetizing to me...it looked almost like a square of vegetarian lasagna with melted cheese on top. I did, however, enjoy the Bowl o' Bones...ribs were tasty, chicken was decent, bowl was a nice touch (great gift for our doggy!).

Yes, the Mousekemeal bowls are still available at French Market. I was really surprised, though, that the mac and cheese kids' meal didn't come with the little bag of carrots. I was told that it came only with the chicken nuggets meal. So, a nutritious dinner for a kid eating mac and cheese is pasta, cheese, a sourdough dinner roll, and soda. Uhhh, right.

DopeyWife
10-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Will these themed meals be served until Christmas?

kisroo
10-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh, gosh, I hope they will be served until Christmas! We're going in Dec and I wanna get a couple of those adorable Zero bowls for puppy, too!!!
:)And I guess I'll have to try the chicken while we're there... ;)

Merm8fan
10-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Yum! Just tried the Bowl O' Bones - tasty! I just wish I could get it with ribs only. They were definitely better than the chicken legs. Seems like the sauce was different, even though they are both "barbecue." The ribs were very tender for mass-produced, and the sauce was excellent.

<<Adding Bowl O' Bones to my recommended DL menu.>>

Kitsune_SD
10-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Oh, gosh, I hope they will be served until Christmas! We're going in Dec and I wanna get a couple of those adorable Zero bowls for puppy, too!!!
:)And I guess I'll have to try the chicken while we're there... ;)

In years past they have served the special menu thru the full run of HMH. I have usually gone on the Sunday right after New Year's Day, and distinctly remember eating at French Market and having the Chicken Six Feet Under. I can't guarantee that they won't run out of the Zero bowls, I don't remember them having anything similar before... but I have been able to get the special cups up until the last day. I have seen that there is a special hot mug and popcorn tub this year - are they doing a frozen lemonade one too?

Dlandmom
10-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I have seen that there is a special hot mug and popcorn tub this year - are they doing a frozen lemonade one too?
Where did you see the popcorn tub? I didn't see the tub or frozen lemonade.

Kitsune_SD
10-11-2004, 01:59 PM
This link http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/event?id=AP_MugAndBucketEventPage

I got my frozen lemonade cup back in 2002 so they may not have it anymore...

10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
We tried three HM Holiday desserts: an individual N.Y. cheesecake with a spider web design on top and gummy spider, chocolate cake with a meringue Zero bone on top, and a white cake with a green fondant Oogie on top.

You know, life is seriously good when you're sitting in the French Market biting the head off Oogie.

Kitsune_SD
10-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Do they have the deep fried cheesecake right now?

JeffG
10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Yum! Just tried the Bowl O' Bones - tasty! I just wish I could get it with ribs only. They were definitely better than the chicken legs. Seems like the sauce was different, even though they are both "barbecue." The ribs were very tender for mass-produced, and the sauce was excellent.

When I was there a couple weeks ago, the person in front of me in line asked if they could get the Bowl O' Bones with chicken-only and the staff told him it was no problem at all.

I definitely agree that the ribs were better than the chicken and decided I would probably ask them for all ribs if I go back there while this item is still being offered.

-Jeff

Merm8fan
10-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Do they have the deep fried cheesecake right now?

They had it as of last Friday. It looked absolutely decadent. <shiver>

CoasterChickie
10-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Somebody actually walked away and purposely left their Zero bowl behind. It looked perfectly clean to me so I went over and took it. Score!! :~D