PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Area Music

Gregmh48
11-24-2001, 11:41 AM
When was the area music played over the speakers first added to Disneyland? I doubt that it's been there since 1955 as the technology probably didn't exist back then. Anyone know?

tabacco
11-24-2001, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Gregmh48
I doubt that it's been there since 1955 as the technology probably didn't exist back then.

What, you mean speakers?

innerSpaceman
11-25-2001, 12:27 AM
Well, I don't know the answer to the original question, but the topic of the thread brought something to mind that really bugs me. When Disneyland Paris opened (then known by the equally stupid name of EuroDisneyland), they switched all the authentic American area music from Main Street U.S.A. and Frontierland to music from American Broadway musicals or film scores that would suggest the same eras to Europeans. Well, this is America here in Anaheim! We do not need music from 'Hello Dolly' to remind us of the gay '90s or music from 'How the West Was Won' to remind us of the American frontier. We can do quite nicely, thank you, with the actual music from the gay '90s and the American frontier and, as Americans, we will recognize the real thing and it will help to make us feel as it we are in those times and not at the movies. Give us our real folk music back. We are not Europeans!

Gregmh48
11-25-2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by tabacco

What, you mean speakers?

I mean the speakers that play the music throughout each land. For example, on Main Street you hear Yankee Doodle and in Critter Country you can hear Song of the South, Laughin' Place, and How Do You Do.

mrfantasmic
11-26-2001, 06:47 PM
I have to say that the Broadway music fits in nicely with the atmosphere.

zapppop
11-26-2001, 07:04 PM
One of the songs they play on Main Street is not available on any of the Disneyland CD's.

disneylandlive
12-13-2001, 08:59 PM
There's more than just one song that is unavailable. If you are trying to find tracks that aren't on Disneyland CDs you should check out Paragon Ragtime Orchestra. If I remember correctly, "The Whistler And His Dog" has seven area tracks on it four of which are unreleased. There are a couple others but I don't remember if they had new tracks.