PDA

View Full Version : Packing for late October trip?

twinmama1999
10-01-2004, 05:21 PM
We'll be heading to DL October 23 to 27, and what I'm wondering is do I need to pack our winter coats? We're actually already wearing them here and in some spots have had snow. In the evenings does it cool down enough to need a jacket? I was thinking of bringing fleece jackets for everyone so that if it does get cool we can pull them out of our backpacks?

Also, should I pack shorts for the kids? Is it too cool for shorts this time of year.

Thanks in advance,

MrsG
10-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Winter coats are not needed. Lightweight fleece or a sweatshirt should be enough. You might need shorts in the day time, or it might be cool. This time of year, you just never know. In general, wear layers.

Have fun! This is the best time of the year!

Susan L
10-01-2004, 06:32 PM
I wear shorts no matter what time of year we are in Anaheim. As long as you have a sweatshirt or fleece you will be fine. We also will be down at the same time, I'm packing no winter jackets. We live in No CA Sierra's at 5000 feet, mornings have been in the 30's lately. We've already have had a dusting of snow one day last week. The weather in So. CA is very warm for us and we are looking forward to it. I think it depends on what kind of climate you are use to. Evenings can be a bit chilly in Anaheim. But, like I said as long as you have a sweatshirt or fleece you should be fine. The kids, well its not unusual to see the kids where we live including my own wear shorts when its snowing out. Its just a matter of what you are use to.

sdfilmcritic
10-01-2004, 11:22 PM
My vacation is Oct 23 to 29 at Disneyland!!!! What a coincidence! No you don't need winter coats, but you do need raincoats in case it might sprinkle like it did during the last week of October last year.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-01-2004, 11:29 PM
You definitely won't need a winter coat, especially coming from a colder climate. I find that when I go to DL (I live in Seattle) I hardly need even a fleece, but, DO always enjoy it when I am not prepared and by golly...I have to sneak in to one of the Disneyland shops to buy myself a new fleece zip-up or sweatshirt! ;) Enjoy your trip!!! :)

twinmama1999
10-02-2004, 07:16 AM
I think going with a fleece jacket is the best way to go. Thanks for the help.

:)

uvsc_wolverine
10-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Hey, I'll be in DL then, too (see my sig)!

Dlandmom
10-03-2004, 07:08 AM
I always tell my out of town guests, if you're planning on buying a long-sleeved shirt or sweatshirt at Disneyland, then don't bother packing a coat. Usually, layering with a long sleeved shirt or sweatshirt is enough. Late October is tricky. It came sometimes get downright COLD in the evenings, but the days are nice. Since you're going to be here the second to last week of October, then I'm going to predict that it's going to be warm during the day, and cool at night. I think it'll be just PERFECT for your trip! Hope I'm right!

rentayenta
10-03-2004, 07:13 AM
We'll be heading to DL October 23 to 27, and what I'm wondering is do I need to pack our winter coats? We're actually already wearing them here and in some spots have had snow. In the evenings does it cool down enough to need a jacket? I was thinking of bringing fleece jackets for everyone so that if it does get cool we can pull them out of our backpacks?

Also, should I pack shorts for the kids? Is it too cool for shorts this time of year.

Thanks in advance,

Shorts should be fine for the day. I would go with a pullover/hoodie type fleece for the evenings. Don't forget to bring pants for the night. It can chill quite quickly once the beauiful So Cal sun sets.

We usually tie our sweatshirts around out waist as they make a great pad for sitting during the parades.

Have a great trip!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-04-2004, 10:57 PM
We will be there just after you and I was talking to Wendi about this tonight.
I don't wear shorts, but I am planning on shorts for the kids during the day and then sweatshirts at night. I might put on their jeans at night too. We live in ID so I think it will be nice weather for us.