PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise guns

Pages : [1] 2

Andrew
10-01-2004, 01:05 PM
I've just heard that the Jungle Cruise guns (the pistols carried by the skippers) have been restored effective today. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

stan4d_steph
10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I've heard that rumor too. Hooray!

Watch out for that hippo in the tree!

downtownamybrown
10-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Oh, no. Is this a cap gun kind of noise or a loud boom/crack with lingering smoke? I can't stand loud noises and just knowing it's coming will kill it for me. Unless we're talking just a pop sound. CM won't think it's funny and point it at people, will they? I will cry if he points it at me :crying:

AliciasMom
10-01-2004, 02:23 PM
It's about time! :)

SteveK
10-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Oh, no. Is this a cap gun kind of noise or a loud boom/crack with lingering smoke? I can't stand loud noises and just knowing it's coming will kill it for me. Unless we're talking just a pop sound. CM won't think it's funny and point it at people, will they? I will cry if he points it at me :crying:

They weren't terribly loud in the past...slighly louder than a cap gun. And no, they will not point them at you...unless you are a hippo.
-Steve

Disneyfreak
10-01-2004, 02:47 PM

How old are you?

SteveK
10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
How old are you?

LOL...At least one of us had the guts to say what we were both thinking.
-Steve

LAsptsfan3
10-01-2004, 07:24 PM
the guns were a-blazing today...firing the all familiar 'all clear' 2 shots at the hippo pool.

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-01-2004, 07:25 PM
That's GREAT!!! Only 288 days till im there :) !!

DJ_MENTOS
10-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I second that. I just got back from "Happy Place" and rode Jungle Cruise. The skipper busted out the gun and fired it. The back of the boat burst into applause. They obviously had missed that effect, like me. But it's back for all of us to enjoy.

sediment
10-01-2004, 08:41 PM
I can't believe they're teaching children to shoot at poor defenseless animals!!

DCACM
10-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I can't believe they're teaching children to shoot at poor defenseless animals!!

They're just "warning shots" fired into the air to scare off the hippos from charging and sinking the boats.

SoCalDude
10-01-2004, 09:39 PM
pic thanks to rlmsoft:
http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&ID=285

from his update:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32064&page=2

sdfilmcritic
10-01-2004, 11:14 PM
:eek: :( :mad:

I Heart Disneyland!
10-01-2004, 11:34 PM

:confused: Are we serious here? I am hoping not! ha! :confused:

J/TGrandma
10-02-2004, 04:45 AM
I am going to DL in 5 daysand am glad the gun effect is back. I have been to WDW 10 times and the ride always seems to be missing something. Istill remember it from my first visit to Disney.

Captain Josh
10-02-2004, 07:27 AM
...I must be dreaming. Indy's giant cobra, and the return of Jungle Cruise pistols? This is a wonderful dream...now, if they starting selling toy rifles again, I'd go insane.

GrumpyUTboi
10-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Sediment,

We have taught and shown our children to shoot poor defenseless animals. Bambi's, Thumpers, Nemo's and others. It is great family fun. Wait a minute I saw death of mothers from Disney! I wonder if Mr. Disney's mother was killed when he was a small child.

got2travel
10-02-2004, 08:39 AM
...I must be dreaming. Indy's giant cobra, and the return of Jungle Cruise pistols? This is a wonderful dream...now, if they starting selling toy rifles again, I'd go insane.

I think we're having the same dream

SCUBAbe
10-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Sediment,

We have taught and shown our children to shoot poor defenseless animals. Bambi's, Thumpers, Nemo's and others. It is great family fun. Wait a minute I saw death of mothers from Disney! I wonder if Mr. Disney's mother was killed when he was a small child.
I think she was, but i don't know how young he was when it happened. That could be urban legend though. ??

disneyperson
10-02-2004, 11:03 AM
:confused: Are we serious here? I am hoping not! ha! :confused:
You did notice who made that post didn't you?

Laffite
10-02-2004, 12:03 PM
thats neat! I hope we get to shoot Eisner next :)

foolish mortal
10-02-2004, 12:22 PM
That's great news. Maybe it will bring new inspiration to the skippers. Last summer many of them seemed, well bored. It's been a while since we've come across a really funny skipper. And,yes, we do participate and try to encourage them. I know it's hard to keep up a funny facade when faced with a boat load of blank faces, but several of them just faced forward and didn't even look at the guests. No wonder the jokes fell flat. Maybe having a prop to play with will help.

Disney Vault
10-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Can they use the gun whenever they want or can they only use it to make jokes around the hippos?

Pirate Girl
10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Yay! I wish they would sell the toy guns again. I still have a really cool one from Pirates of the Caribbean that I got when I was a kid. I miss them.

And theres something that has been bugging me...why can they not sell guns when they still sell swords? Whats the logic there?

Wait...does this mean that greenpeace will build an encampment outside the Jungle Cruise to protest the "animal abuse"?