PDA

View Full Version : Groceries?

Tatertotsmommie
10-01-2004, 11:47 AM
I was wondering where the nearest places to buy groceries are near the resort?

shaydie
10-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I know there's a Food 4 Less really close! I believe it's north-east of the park. I think there's a Vons nearby too. I saw them on the resort area map. Someone else could tell you better directions, I'm sure.

bduff
10-01-2004, 12:41 PM
There is a 7-Eleven on the corner of Katella and Harbor. I walked there from the GCH - quite a hike! Not sure I would do that again, but it is do-able. I had a backpack with me and stocked up for our stay. That might not be the type of groceries you had in mind, but it fits the "nearby" parameter. And even though it's a convenience store, it's still quite a bit cheaper than what you'll buy in the parks. For reference, a fairly large bottle of pop (20 oz?) cost $2.50 in the parks.

Darkbeer
10-01-2004, 01:36 PM
The nearest large Grocery Store is the Food4Less (run by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella, about 1 mile west of the resort.

There is no large grocery store within walking distance.

You need to have a car, or use a bus or cab. Maybe your hotel offers a shuttle service that might take you to the store.

Emma
10-01-2004, 01:36 PM
There's an ABC Mart right before the 7-11 on Harbor and Katella that's also not bad.