PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Haunted Mansion Holiday event coverage

cstephens
10-01-2004, 06:47 AM
OK, our story of the 2004 Haunted Mansion Holiday event is up, with information about Disneyland's fourth annual event, including registration process information, new Haunted Mansion Holiday and Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise information, set-up and pre-event information, full event details, and link to spoilers for the 2004 version of Haunted Mansion Holiday. Numerous photos included.

Here's the link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/hmhevent2004.html).

Thanks.

Dlandmom
10-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Wow, thanks for the recap! It sounds like it was a really fun event! I didn't read the spoilers, so I'll definitely have to try to get on the ride asap before I stumble upon a spoiler post!!!

MouseWife
10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Oh my gosh!! That looked like so much fun!

And, the gifts and new items!! The 'gifts' were beautiful. Well, the porcelain light was beautiful and the drawers were just pretty darn cool.

Oh heck, I hope I can sneak and buy some of this stuff while doing the CHOC walk!! I won't be back until Halloween itself. :(

Thank you so much for sharing! I see a couple of things I just have to have!!!

olegc
10-01-2004, 09:48 AM
I actually had a very good time... and it was "different" from last year's Oogie Boogie revue. My brother likes this year's better - but I think both had their merits.

i will tell you that the cheapest package - Zero (or the Greens, as cast members called them due to lanyard color) - had THRONGS of people and once they came in it was quite crowded..

Things I noticed - more lighting around NOS, more CAST MEMBERS all willing to help, BETTER ATTITUDE (well, except for the redhead ghoul cast member, she was a bit sassy ;-) ).

The Mansion has some definitive changes - some expected, some not. Things are subtle (noticed one in the foyer) and if you think you've seen it before, you have not.. Maybe in a few weeks we'll post some spoilers (I just don't know how to do that off the top of my head).

One thing I did notice - I had the Mayor package. Last year - registraiton gift: pin; Ride gift: oogie pumpkin head mini-sculpure; closing gift: ornament. This year - registration: porcelain light, ride: chocolat, closing - box (with date and name painted on back). Overall better "gifts" this year..

SallySkellington
10-01-2004, 12:52 PM
That sounds like so much fun! That Deadly Nightshade jar with Sally looks awesome. I'll have to see if I can get it at the online Disney store.

BTW, is anybody else doing something in honor of HMH offically openning today? I'm donning my stitches (one on each wrist, one on my right forearm, and one on my left arm). :D

DISNEYloon
10-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks so much for the 'peek'.....since we're not going to DLR during the holiday's this year......we went last December.....saving our pennies for our 9 day WDW Trip in July, 2005!

I love all the details and pics!

Thanks again for SHARING! ;)

LilmissTinkerbell
10-01-2004, 08:21 PM
I have a question, was this event open to the general public, and if so, where did you find out about it, so I can make plans for next year. If not, what is the criteria to go? Thanks much!

sediment
10-01-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a question, was this event open to the general public, and if so, where did you find out about it, so I can make plans for next year. If not, what is the criteria to go? Thanks much!
That's three questions:
1. No. Pay extra, in advance, and before it sells out.
2. Everyone here probably found out about it here.
3. The criteria are: pay, show up, buy stuff (optional), listen to people talk and/or sing, or watch them dance, go on ride.

The rumors are that this might be the last time for a while for HMH, so there wouldn't be a special event. Or was it no special event? Rumor is that now that it's been perfected here, WDW's HM gets a crack at it.
I'll do a search for you.
Here's one notification from here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040503.htm
Under "Park Events"

cstephens
10-01-2004, 09:10 PM

Well, the event was open to the general public in that anyone could register to buy tickets for the event. I found out about the event because I've been going for several years, and I read a few Disney-related discussion boards, and information is also posted at the Disney Gallery website (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/index.html). There has been discussion that there may not be an event next year, but I'd keep tabs on the Disney Gallery website and Disney-related discussion boards for more information.