PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to plan ahead too far in advance?

rentayenta
09-30-2004, 08:17 PM
We are leaving in about 80 days.

The room and tickets are paid for. Vegas ressies are all in order.

I finally figured out how to download Ridemax. Now I just have to wait until the Dec. itineraries become available.

I have started picking up little and not so little trinkets for the kids for Christmas Eve and morning.

I bought the cutest pink Disney Princesses tree that will show up to our room while we are at the parks one day.

I am going to keep buying stuff until we leave.

My DH is going to kill me.

pisces
10-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Didn't we already establish that Christmas starts in July?

By that measure, you are a bit late in planning.

The only thing I would suggest, and I don't mean to throw a damper on your plans or jinx them, I mean it....I just want you to be prepared....

.....Is what will you do if you and/or your kids get sick? Do you have some sort of contingency plan in how to deal with that?

December can be very heavy cold/flu season. Maybe start getting flu shots, and one month before you leave double up on Vitamin C.

Maybe I'll start a thread on going to Disneyland when you have a cold!

SallySkellington
10-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Yes, prepare for illness! Bring echinacea tea with you! My mom and I swear by it for colds and flu's.

rentayenta
10-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Good question Pisces! We will be getting flu shots later this month. I will definetly stock up on the vitamin C.

I don't ever remember my kids being sick during the holidays. They have pretty decent immune systems and rarely get sick as it is.

If anyone is sick when we are there then DH will stay with said sick kid. He is by no means in love with DL like I am and would probably enjoy watching ESPN all day instead. I love him but do not understand him ;)

I will bring the tea Sally.

Good thinking ladies. Now I will need another bag full of meds to stuff in the family truckster.

poohpal
10-02-2004, 06:21 PM
We are leaving in about 80 days.

The room and tickets are paid for. Vegas ressies are all in order.

I finally figured out how to download Ridemax. Now I just have to wait until the Dec. itineraries become available.

I have started picking up little and not so little trinkets for the kids for Christmas Eve and morning.

I bought the cutest pink Disney Princesses tree that will show up to our room while we are at the parks one day.

I am going to keep buying stuff until we leave.

My DH is going to kill me.

Renta, what is Ridemax? A trip software perfect for anal planners like me? :fez:

Susan L
10-02-2004, 07:48 PM
I always start planning a DL trip when we are on a DL trip. This current one coming up in 20 days (YIPPIE) we started 18 months ago on our last trip. My daughter mention she would like to celebrate a birthday at DL so I said well why don't we plan for your 16th birthday. She of course was totally thrilled. It also gave us plenty of time to save, we decided to go all out so we needed some time to come up with the money. I've been buying this and that for the trip all along, and I'm getting out the suitcases tomarrow will start putting stuff in them. Everything has fell right into place and we are so excited to be going.

MMStyle
10-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Didn't we already establish that Christmas starts in July?

By that measure, you are a bit late in planning.

The only thing I would suggest, and I don't mean to throw a damper on your plans or jinx them, I mean it....I just want you to be prepared....

.....Is what will you do if you and/or your kids get sick? Do you have some sort of contingency plan in how to deal with that?

December can be very heavy cold/flu season. Maybe start getting flu shots, and one month before you leave double up on Vitamin C.

Maybe I'll start a thread on going to Disneyland when you have a cold!
I will look for the thread on the DL trip with the cold. I can definately add a few things to that. Our Christmas trip last year included two members of our party with severe head colds. Nasal spray, cough drops and a back pack full of tissues for starters. Come prepared or prepare to make a trip to the closest Target, it's straight down Harbor if neccessary.

rentayenta
10-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Renta, what is Ridemax? A trip software perfect for anal planners like me? :fez:

Have you used it?