PDA

View Full Version : Question about Premium APs

munchkinsmom0003
09-29-2004, 05:26 PM
I was surfing on Craigslist . org today and saw that someone was trying to sell their premium AP for $100.00. I was under the impression that annual passes were non-transferable. Am I correct in that assumption? :confused:

stan4d_steph
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes, they are non-transferable. Your photo is taken and printed on the pass. Are they perhaps selling an AP voucher (bought and paid for, but not redeemed)? Even then, it shouldn't be transferable.

PsychDoc
09-30-2004, 06:57 AM
yes true. plus the voichers also expire, just like a regular pass. I wouldn't trust it. Not worth the hassle.

Forbin
09-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Or he's that guy who's selling 'knowledge' on how to get a free pass by going to a Housing sales Seminar.

SoCalDude
09-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Or he's that guy who's selling 'knowledge' on how to get a free pass by going to a Housing sales Seminar.

lol I would do that for a free premium pass :cool:

No I just need info.... ;)

Forbin
09-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Heh did one of those...it took 6 hours......and you have to be married and able to prove it. It was a hassle.

cstephens
10-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Are they perhaps selling an AP voucher (bought and paid for, but not redeemed)? Even then, it shouldn't be transferable.

Wait, if it hasn't been redeemed, shouldn't it be transferable? As I recall, when you buy the voucher, it doesn't have your name on it - it's just a piece of paper. What if you're buying the voucher as a gift?

munchkinsmom0003
10-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Oh, I didn't know that a voucher could be purchased. Is the AP expiration date a year from the day when you trade it in for the official pass or is it a year from the date you purchased the voucher? The ad didn't say whether or not it was a voucher. It just advertised as a Premium AP. The poster did say that it expires 7/17/05.

sediment
10-01-2004, 09:23 AM
I would stay away from that PAP. It could easily have been stolen from someone else and completely useless. And guess who gets arrested?
When DIS finds out about this, it's likely that the AP will expire immediately.

munchkinsmom0003
10-01-2004, 09:44 AM
I would stay away from that PAP. It could easily have been stolen from someone else and completely useless. And guess who gets arrested?
When DIS finds out about this, it's likely that the AP will expire immediately.

Yeah, I hear you. Hopefully someone doesn't get taken in by this if it's not valid. :(

sediment
10-01-2004, 10:14 AM
You might alert the DIS authorities to it. They don't ALWAYS patrol here.

TrekkieDad
10-01-2004, 06:30 PM
OK, I have in my posession 2 Annual Pass Certificates that I bought at a discount through a credit union. They are printed on the same card stock as regular tickets. Just like regular tickets, they have a magnetic stripe and bar code. Clearly printed are the words "Must be exchanged for photo pass on first visit." and "Must be used on or before 01/03/2005 Valid one day only. Photo ID required for entry and processing."

Our "first visit" will be in December, and I expect the APs we receive will be valid for one year from that date. It's also clear to me that until the "certificates" are actually presented at the gate for entry, they are unredeemed and therefore transferable. (Not that I intend to give them up before then!)

Incidentally, I used one of the bar code numbers to gain access to the AP holders' area on the Disneyland web site. No problem.