PDA

View Full Version : BLAST...it's awesome!!

Pages : [1] 2

GoldenEars
11-22-2001, 10:16 PM
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, GO SEE IT!! It'll blow you away and have you sitting in awe at what they do. Finally, they put a show in the Hyperion Theatre that's worth seeing.

Of course, it helps (a lot) to see so many really cute guys performing and wearing some sexy outfits. This show is going to be a hit, I know it! And that was evident when the whole audience gave the show a standing ovation at the end of the 7:15pm performance!

I thought I was going to miss not having a show with singing in it or with a Disney feel but, once you see BLAST, you'll be totally entertained beyond messure!

Go see the show, it's a BLAST!:D

Patrick

Crazytigger
11-22-2001, 10:19 PM
How does everyone like Belive in Holiday Magic?

OOPS Sorry im off the subject. I'll find another thread!!

GoldenEars
11-22-2001, 10:22 PM
LOL...you're too funny, CrazyTigger! But thanks for being understanding. But just to answer your question, I love it!:D

Patrick

JRob2k1
11-22-2001, 10:47 PM
I just cant wait for all the new headlines/threads:

The new show in DCA is a....Blast!
:rolleyes: :D

-JRob

akacl
11-23-2001, 01:19 PM
I had the honor to work the first day of the show Blast and was impressed by the perfomance. I was glad to see the lines outside of the Hyperion, waiting for the show. I didnt get to see the first 2 shows, because I was outside.
As for the tickets, our theatre is seating around 1944 guest for this show. We give out approx 1300-1500 tickets for people to see the show as advertising and a reminder to be early. If you have a ticket, you will be quaranteed seating until aprox 5 minutes before showtime, when we start letting the standby(non-ticket holders) line go in. If you dont have a ticket, we allow around 500 non-ticketed guests into the theater right away (to make up for the 500 tickets we didnt give out). Then after the 500 guests have gone in, we only allow ticket holders in, until 5 minutues before showtime. Then the standby line (non-ticketholders) is opened to let in guests group by group, until theater is filled. I hope that makes sense.
As for the seating, we leave the two rows in the back of orchestra open, so guests can't hear the commands and comments the techies use for the show. In mezzanine, you no longer have the box seats available, cause its needed for performers. The cast of blast will be meeting all guests at the end of the show outside of the theater, for pictures, questions. Not for just the openening days, but everyday. You will see performers go through the aisles of the theater, in orchestra and even mezzanine. Sorry balcony, you guys don't get any performers up there(maybe someday, if a performer gets bored or something).
The show is professionally done. The stage looks great, and the performers rock. If you like brass, drums, and I dont know wher you call the other people that do tricks with flags and batons, you will love the show. I think, you will enjoy the show, even if you dont like drum and brass instruments. The show can get real loud, since people are playing instuments above your head at times. Also it can get very dark in the theater. All in all, its a great show. There is a full version of Blast you can see soon, but dont remember where and when it will be playing. The Hyperion only has the condensed version(approx 33 mins.) of Blast. Blast is also a Tony award winning show. The Hyperion will be running Blast for 4 shows on busy days, and 3 shows during the week. Tuesdays will be our blackout days(no show running). The info I give can change at any moment, since its still new. I cant think of anything else to add................any questions, and I will try to answer them.

GoldenEars
11-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Hi AKACL: Are you a page at the Hyperion Theatre? Perhaps I know you, or know of you. Tell me a little about yourself, I'm just a little curious, thanks!!

Patrick:D

akacl
11-23-2001, 04:14 PM
Hey Patrick, are you that buff dude? If you are, I spoke to you about working out and what suppliments to get. My name is Chris.

merlinjones
11-24-2001, 07:51 AM
Okay, the world may be ending (not out of the realm of possibility these days)... but I'm saying something good about DCA (other than its free): Blast!

Now, usually, I would follow the word "Blast!" with another diatribe on the Disney company and criticism of their latest disaster - - but this time Walt smiled on the proceedings.

Blast! is great - - it really is an excellent selection for a Disney theme park. The show is modern, energetic, artful, entertaining rythmic eye candy - - and sexy in a wholesome way.

Part modern dance/performance art, part marching band/drill team (with a dash of Kids of the Kingdom), this is an original - - and well worth seeing (one of the first things in this park that is) - - a real show (not "product") that the Disney "creative" executives never touched - - obviously the key to success (to underscore the point, I also saw LuminAria, which is even worse than people have been saying - - ah, well, "Magic Happens").

And I'm with Patrick - - those guys are hot (there's a trumpet player I have a crush on already). Blast! one for me, baby!

Nigel2
11-24-2001, 11:36 AM
I wonder if they are doing the exact same routines they did at EPCOT, at least they get an indoor theater here so they are protected from the elements like extreeme humidity.:D

Niwel
11-24-2001, 11:51 AM
Can someone give a general plot outline? What's the story? Are there lots of Disney songs ... any Disney songs?

GoldenEars
11-24-2001, 11:54 AM
MERLINJONES: It's nice to know we have the same taste!:D

And if we're speaking about *our favorites* in the cast, then I must point out the really cute one who kisses the girl in that one number where they're dancing together. But then again, I'm a sucker for guys with dark hair and cute smile!

And to think we'll be getting our dose of these boys throughout the new year...life is wonderful. Kudos to DCA!!!

Patrick:p

Nigel2
11-24-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
Can someone give a general plot outline? What's the story? Are there lots of Disney songs ... any Disney songs?

I don't believe there is a plot or story to it, and I am not totally sure there even any disney songs.

merlinjones
11-24-2001, 12:31 PM
>>Can someone give a general plot outline? What's the story? Are there lots of Disney songs ... any Disney songs? <<

No plot. No Disney songs. Think concert/dance recital/halftime show.

GoldenEars
11-24-2001, 10:37 PM
AKACL: Chris, did you work at the Hyperion on Saturday? I may have seen you there. Just curious!!

MickeyD
11-26-2001, 09:42 PM
I have to agree that Blast is AWESOME! I went in with no expectations at all and was absolutely blown away. I never saw Steps in Time, but my boyfriend did and said Blast was a "gazillion" times better. I was smiling the whole time. Especially because they seemed to have so much fun up there.

bluepearl
12-06-2001, 05:00 PM
I loved the show!! Can I join in the talk about crushes on the cast? ;) I have a crush on one of the dueling drummers - the first one that comes out. I happened to get a picture with him and asked his name, but it wasn't clear. akacl, would you be able to tell me what's his name? I'll be PMing you the same question just in case you don't read this! :)

Morrigoon
12-06-2001, 05:04 PM
If I didn't know half the cast was younger than myself, I might form crushes on some of those guys, they're cuties! (Too young though)

jake99
12-06-2001, 07:37 PM
dsnenut your a girl right

GoldenEars
12-06-2001, 08:45 PM
Jake99: I am so NOT a girl but, very much a guy! And yes, I think a lot of those male performers in *BLAST* are real cuties, and some even HOT, and I wouldn't mind going after them!! Gee, I guess that would make me gay, huh?:D

Patrick

bluepearl
12-06-2001, 08:54 PM
:lol: Patrick! I have to agree with you on the fact that there are some very attractive men in the cast - a nice bonus to add onto a kick booty show. ;)

Crazytigger
12-07-2001, 12:41 AM
I think I will try and see it this SAT. 1st time

GoldenEars
12-07-2001, 07:22 AM
CrazyTigger: I encourage you to go see *BLAST*, and if you're there on Saturday, perhaps I'll get to see you...cuz I'll be there myself too! What show time will you be going to? The times are 1:45, 3:15, 5:15, and 7:15. You'll love it, I promise!

ENJOY~

MammaSilva
12-07-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Crazytigger
I think I will try and see it this SAT. 1st time

Crazytigger....Blast is actually worth walking across to DCA for.. we went on Thursday because of all the positive reviews on here and it was SO worth it... even the "cool but bored" teenage nephews loved it... we are hoping the touring company comes to SF so we can see the full 2 hour show!

bluepearl
12-07-2001, 11:30 PM
Just wanted to chime in yet again! ;) I'll be there today (Saturday) as well, not sure what time we'll be seeing the show - most likely the show that starts around 1:45PM or so. Gotta luv that dueling drummer...:lol:

GoldenEars
12-07-2001, 11:37 PM
The first guy that comes out on stage (left side) during the last number of the show, when they're wearing their tight fitting red shirts, and he's holding a sword. Now that guy is someone to gawk at and admire. Not only is he very attractive to look at but, he has the sexiest moves!!