PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Treats - Can You Order Them?

I Heart Disneyland!
09-29-2004, 12:03 AM
I am a HUGE fan of the Disneyland caramel apples with nuts, as well as the fudge and other foods that are only sold in the park. I've called Disney DelivEars and they DON'T sell the food items. Does anyone know how you can get it, when you don't live nearby? Everytime I go, I stock up, and when I hear of a co-worker or friend who is going, I beg them to bring me more! ha! Please let me know if there's a way to get it shipped! Thanks!! :D

Andrew
09-29-2004, 10:02 AM
You might try MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/). I don't know for sure, but they may be able to handle these items as long as they can be packed in sealed containers. AVP can confirm or deny.

AVP
09-29-2004, 10:29 AM
AVP can confirm or deny.Disney will not sell any food items whatsoever, to include hard candy, mints, coffee, powered drink mixes, etc. It does not matter to them if the item is non-perishable, sealed, shrink-wrapped, whatever.

We've checked local health regulations, and we are allowed to ship items that come in sealed containers, so no fudge, no apples, no fresh popcorn, no Monte Cristo sandwiches, no Tiger Tails, etc. Our offerings are limited to that which is pre-packaged and has a shelf life of 12 months or more.

AVP

stan4d_steph
09-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Our offerings are limited to that which is pre-packaged and has a shelf life of 12 months or more. That probably rules out English toffee from the Candy Palace then... :(

cstephens
09-29-2004, 01:52 PM
We've checked local health regulations, and we are allowed to ship items that come in sealed containers, so no fudge, no apples, no fresh popcorn, no Monte Cristo sandwiches, no Tiger Tails, etc. Our offerings are limited to that which is pre-packaged and has a shelf life of 12 months or more.

Just curious, is this a restriction on anything that's sent, or is it only a restriction on companies because they might have to get a special kind of license or something, so individuals might not be subject to the same rules? One of my favorite cookie places is in Glendale, but they'll ship their products (cookies, muffins, brownies) all over the United States, and I know of people who have sent homemade goodies over the mail.

Hakuna Makarla
09-29-2004, 01:57 PM
I am a HUGE fan of the Disneyland caramel apples with nuts, as well as the fudge and other foods that are only sold in the park. I've called Disney DelivEars and they DON'T sell the food items. Does anyone know how you can get it, when you don't live nearby? Everytime I go, I stock up, and when I hear of a co-worker or friend who is going, I beg them to bring me more! ha! Please let me know if there's a way to get it shipped! Thanks!! :D
I really wanted to try one of those fab looking carmel apples,I heart disney If I lived close I would send you some! Maybe some one here will do this for you if they go next time. :)

AVP
09-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Just curious, is this a restriction on anything that's sent, or is it only a restriction on companies because they might have to get a special kind of license or something, so individuals might not be subject to the same rules?There are several factors that play a role here:

Disney does not ship any kind of food whatsoever because of an internal policy. You can't even ship food home if you are at a Disney theme park and purchase it there - you have to buy the items and take them to an off-property shipping facility like Kinkos or the UPS Store to ship them. No idea what prompted that policy, except I know they have only recently been strictly enforcing it.

Because we are located in the city of Anaheim, and in the county of Orange, we are subject to all kinds of wonderful "health and safety" regulations regarding food items we ship. I had to go through a lengthy evaluation process with the county, and the decision to only ship pre-packaged, sealed, non-perishable food items was based on county policies. IF we were to ship "fresh" food items, we'd basically need to go through the same process of getting a permit that restaurants and commercial food processing facilities do. And even though we don't need any kind of permit whatsoever, I still get "courtesy visits" from the health department, simply because I'm on their radar for having even asked the question.

Since bakeries and the like already have all those permits, there is no reason they can't ship their food products, so long as they are following all of the rules about temperature, etc. Honestly, there is no reason Disney can't ship food - they just choose not to.

AVP

cstephens
09-29-2004, 04:13 PM
And even though we don't need any kind of permit whatsoever, I still get "courtesy visits" from the health department, simply because I'm on their radar for having even asked the question.

At the store? I wasn't under the impression that you sold edibles.

Thanks for the info.

kisroo
09-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh, man! No dark chocolate honeycomb will be shipped to the kisroo household from Mouseshoppe????

Bummer.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-29-2004, 10:39 PM
I was THRILLED to be able to obtain Mickey's Really Creamy Hot Chocolate from MoustPlanet's store. That made my WINTER! After DLR refused to ship (after they'd done it for 2 years in a row), I was more than delighted to find that MouseShoppe DOES ship. :D They also have DLR goody packs, that you can buy. No caramel apples, fudge or other confections from Candy Kitchen that I miss! ( ROCKY ROAD CANDY ) !!!!!! Sounds like there's no way to get those delights, so, I wait for my trip in 2005 or when the next friend, co-worker or client heads to So. Cal.!!! :) Thanks for the ideas everyone! :)