PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know where the witch is?

MMStyle
09-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Remember the witch, Snow White's step mother who was locked up and once located in the shop that sells the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. She disappeared sometime early this year. We asked the cast member in that shop last July where she was now located and they sent us to the castle shops. The cast member there directed us back to the original place. Has anyone seen her recently??

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
i dont know about that but i love your signature!!!! hee hee hee

SallySkellington
09-29-2004, 05:45 PM
i dont know about that but i love your signature!!!! hee hee hee

Whoa, I feel like I'm reading in stereo! :D

mousey_girl
09-30-2004, 06:38 AM
The last time I saw her she was in the Villians shop in NOS.

I still giggle at the memory of my son having the snot scared out of him...the CM saw him coming!!! It was great!!!

Surfingstitch
09-30-2004, 06:25 PM
She can be found over in New Orleans.

She is at "Le Bat" (I think that is the name).

That's where I found her back in May 2004

Lost Boy
09-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Last I saw she was in the Pirates store at the exit to the ride, back in the corner. That was about two weeks ago.

SweetAurora
10-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Last I saw she was in the Pirates store at the exit to the ride, back in the corner. That was about two weeks ago.
Really? I was there about 2 weeks ago as a guest. I went into the Villians NOS store where I've always found her recently, and the CM there told me a little condescendingly that she'd been finally put backstage. But who knows...as a CM I know how mean some CMS can be to guests, and purposely give them wrong information.

When I was about 5, my mom took me in the old Villans shop behind the Castle, where the Witch used to be. I used to carry my diary key in a little purse with me everywhere I went. When the Witch turned on and said "Please use the key and get me out" (or something to that effect), I was convinced she was after my diary key and I FREAKED OUT.

SarahShep
10-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Wow...with all the times I've been to Disneyland, I have NEVER seen the Evil Queen/Witch of which you all speak. Someone describe it to me, please, so I can find her on my next trip...if she's still around! It sounds way too cool.

Tigertail777
10-03-2004, 12:10 AM
its this little cage... think like a sort of big cage they use for parrots in pet shops.. about that size on a pedestle. Inside the cage is this little foot and half to two foot high witch (sort of a simple AA). On the pedestle is a button you press it and she talks to you begging for you to let her out. Its been a Disneyland tradition/mainstay for many many years. I first saw her in a shop on main st in the 80's where they used to sell animation cels and books/art, but I know she has been around much longer than that.

Opus1guy
10-03-2004, 10:57 PM
That thing started out a zillion years ago at the original Disneyana shop that was located next to The Emporium.

I remember well that it had a price tag on it for a short time (the number $12,000 seems to ring a bell). Then the tag was removed because Dick Nunis said that "We don't sell this kind of thing!"

Michael Jackson made an offer on it at one time and they told him "Sorry, no." He later became very involved in Disney projects and I heard they built him another one from scratch and either gave it or sold it to him.

But that old witch that's still in the park is the original one. She sure gets around. That thing's been in a lot of different locations over the decades!

Tref
10-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Which old witch?