PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Video for 50th

Vick
09-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Would anyone out there know if there will be any videos released to comemorate the 50th I mean I am sure they have enough footage to have a special DVD, heck it would have been nice to have a Disney Treasure dedicated to Disneyland besides the one already available.

Dr. G
09-29-2004, 06:33 AM
I don't know about a video. However, if anyone from Disney is reading this, please make it like the "Day at Disneyland" video from years back. We love this video and the kids can watch it over and over. The characters are important to the kids (and me).

A few years ago we purchased the DL/DCA DVD for about $30 and it is, in my opinion, terrible. I really feel ripped off. When my wife and I watched it, I told her I wanted to send it back to Disneyland (we ended up keeping it, we just don't watch it). It felt like a big ad for DCA and the tour guide didn't do anything for me. In my opinion, the travel/planning videos you get for free are much better than the DVD we purchased.

So, yes, I hope there is a new video for the 50th and that it is well done! I don't need hip and edgy geared at teenagers and I don't need merchandise and shopping as a main focus (though I love seeing the stores as a small part of a video). Just give me a lot of characters and let those characters talk to us on the video (like Day at Disneyland). Give me tons of footage of inside the rides and cover all the rides for a decent amount of time. Throw in lots of cool information and I'll spring for a video. Until DL does a video like that, I'm not buying any more souvenir videos on my trips--big time sour taste in my mouth from the last one. Can you tell? ;)

dlandnut
09-29-2004, 07:34 AM
I don't know about a video. However, if anyone from Disney is reading this, please make it like the "Day at Disneyland" video from years back. We love this video and the kids can watch it over and over. The characters are important to the kids (and me).I totally agree. "A Day at Disneyland" was a classic. Since then, I've purchased a few promotional videos and have been sorely disappointed. Of course Disney should do a "50th" video, no holds barred. :)

experiment626
09-29-2004, 07:51 AM
I love my Day at Disneyland video. I was all set to buy the new one, that is until I saw it in a demo. My first thought was what are they doing selling the promotional/free video?