PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered Ridemax

rentayenta
09-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Has anyone ever used this and what were the results? Was it worth it?

I figure that $12.95 isn't a bad investment for a trip that is going to cost alot more.

I read the FAQ and some reviews but I'd like to know your experiences.

Susan L
09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Sorry I can't help you but, I have read about it, from what I understand its suppose to save you time in line at the rides. I figured I have been to DL so many times I don't even know how many times I've been, and I know it like the back of my hand I really don't need ridemax.

rentayenta
09-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Me too Susan but I thought it might help as I am one of the brave souls going over the Christmas holidays. I want the kids to see and do as much as possible with the least standing in line. I hope it will give me a different itinerary for all 4-5 days. I just need a game plan and DH likes when I tell him where to go and what to do ;)

Jeremiah
09-28-2004, 06:30 PM
I did kinda a dry run with it a few years ago when I was at Universal and it was ok. It really is more for people who have never been to a theme park, I would love to hear how it works for you when you get it.

J

rentayenta
09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
I will Jeremiah.

I have been to DL so many times. The $12.95 I just possibly wasted could have bought one of those character spinny light toys. Or 3 churros and a Coke.

disney_leonard
09-28-2004, 10:54 PM
I purchased it last year and used it to maximize a trip for first timers. It worked wonderfully (of course, all of the attractions were up!). It is well worth the investment.

rentayenta
09-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Excellent Leonard. Did they do an itinerary for each day?

disney_leonard
09-29-2004, 07:18 AM
You can do an intinery for as many days as you want. The program factors in the day of the week and time of year. We followed it closely and had time to spare. I was very happy with it since we were going at a relatively busy time of year. As a local with an AP I usually go for just a gfew rides and a meal but with out of town folks who have never been, RideMax works great.

Susan L
09-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Me too Susan but I thought it might help as I am one of the brave souls going over the Christmas holidays. I want the kids to see and do as much as possible with the least standing in line. I hope it will give me a different itinerary for all 4-5 days. I just need a game plan and DH likes when I tell him where to go and what to do ;)

Here's a couple of good tips for rides and kids. Do Fantasyland and ToonTown early in the morning. If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels go back in the afternoon for a nap or a swim in the pool. Go back in the park in the evenings. Do rides during parade times. Also dinner time is a good time to go on rides (5-8pm). Use the train alot to get around the park. If you have a couple of days during the week do most of the rides the kids want to do on those days, save the weekend (more crowded) for shows and parades. Use the BTM trail to get to NOS and FRL, its less crowded then going through AL. Use FastPass when ever possible. If you book you package through AAA you get unlimited FastPass. I love DL at Christmas time its alot of fun, don't let it being crowded get you down. My daughter spent 45 mins waiting in line at the Haunted Mansion one night during the holidays, we had a great time talking to the people next to us, cracking jokes, and looking at all the detail surrounding the Mansion it made the time go by faster and wasn't that bad. Let us know how your ridemax worked for you.

DISNEYloon
09-29-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm sorry, forgive me, what is Ridemax?

jasonpbyu
09-29-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry, forgive me, what is Ridemax?

http://www.ridemax.com

looks like a program that you tell it when you're going and what rides you want to go on and it tells you what order you should do them. seems kind of dumb to me, but to each their own.

sediment
09-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Probably a lot more effective during the busiest times, which I tend to avoid.

rentayenta
09-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the tips Susan :)

I wouldn't even consider using Ridemax excpet that we are going during the busiest time of the year.

Because this trip is the kids' major Christmas present, I want to be as prepared as possible without being rigid and I want them to have the time of their lives.

I have planned a character lunch at 1:00 which seems to be a very packed time at the park. I hope I can factor that into the itinerary.

And again, my DH loves when I tell him where to go :eek:

SCUBAbe
09-29-2004, 06:39 PM
I usedit once when we went in July. It worked great. We were way aharad of schedule. We had almost everything done by noon. The last couple of times we went I didn't use it. Sometimes I don't want to have a scheduled day, but it was great the one time we used it..:)

rentayenta
09-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Well I got it and downloaded it and this @*&$# Mac won't read it. We have a Microsoft conversion thingy but heck if I know how it works. I really need a computer class :crying: