PDA

View Full Version : You know you've been away from Disneyland for too long when...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Andrew
09-28-2004, 12:04 PM
... you find yourself humming the Main Street music loop. In order.

rentayenta
09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
when you start planning a trip in Feb. (for Dec.) before you have gone on your planned trip in March....

when you plan to go on Christmas because you don't remember the crowds being that bad the last time you went in Dec.

when you suggest the Sing Along video to watch with your kids so you can get a glimpse of Main St.

disneyperson
09-28-2004, 12:49 PM
When you've got a trip booked for dec.10 13 (yay), and you're checking expedia and hotels.com for good rates in March (and May) and of course next summer.And you're still bummed out that you can't go this October.

Missing Marbles
09-28-2004, 12:59 PM
When you start humming "It's a Small World" ...and like it!

disneyperson
09-28-2004, 01:02 PM
When you start humming "It's a Small World" ...and like it!
Ha,ha, I'll never miss it THAT much, but I have been known to hum the HM music while at work, and I occasionally greet co-workers with "welcome, foolish mortal..."

DISNEYloon
09-28-2004, 01:05 PM
you tell your kids to 'disembark' your car........ :fez:

squuggy
09-28-2004, 01:28 PM
when...

you walk into the kiddies section of the video store to get some Disney classics to set the pre-trip mood.

you start the day-by-day countdown of your trip at "fifty days until Disneyland".

you immediately respond to this thread in the hopes that it might quell your eager anticipation somewhat.

Susan L
09-28-2004, 01:52 PM
When you can't think of nothing else but Disneyland because you only got 24 days left for a long over due trip to the Happiest Place On Earth. Is it to soon to pack? :D

GrumpyUTboi
09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
When you go to the store and you find the $1 bin and decide that you better buy all the toiletries for the trip, as not to forget ANTHYING. (we did this 2 months ago)

When you have on your ceiling a plane tied to a tack and one end of the room is 100 days and the other end is DL. We call it "trunky". Most people understand what "trunky" is. You all ready have your trunks packed to go.

When you print up an itinerary for the trip in 27 more days and what you are going to do and when, even though once you get there every thing goes out the window because you get so excited.

Did I mention 27 more days until DL? If not, 27 more days until DL. At this time 27 days from now we will be far far away from the real world.

We'll see ya ther Susan!

dnyduck
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
When you are considering paying the moolah to travel to Southern California, get a room to stay in and get in to Disneyland....even though you can't ride any rides because you are pregnant. I just want to be there!!!!

When you are trying to figure out how far along in a pregnancy is too far along to travel 8 hours just so you can pay the moolah to see shows, soak up the atmosphere and feel like you actually went at least once this year!

jrsharp21
09-28-2004, 03:30 PM
When you play the Indiana Jones theme in your car on the way to work and pretend that battling traffic is like the ride. Stop and go, turn, stop and go.

When you are trying to figure out how far along in a pregnancy is too far along to travel 8 hours just so you can pay the moolah to see shows, soak up the atmosphere and feel like you actually went at least once this year!

I wish my wife felt the same way. She is about 4 1/2 months along. We went to Disneyland last month and she was bored out of her mind because she couldn't get on any big rides. So she has really no desire to go back until after the baby is born.

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
When you check all the disney websites daily.

When your room has everything Disney park related.

When you try to collect as many brochures as you can each trip (every night after closing :) )

Whenever you look in any place in your house, you see something Disney.

When you plan a trip to DL over a year away.

dnyduck
09-28-2004, 03:40 PM
When you play the Indiana Jones theme in your car on the way to work and pretend that battling traffic is like the ride. Stop and go, turn, stop and go

Okay...that reminded me of one more....

When you play the Fantasmic sound track in your car on your way home from work so much that the kids actually ask "do we haaavve to listen to this again?"

I wish my wife felt the same way. She is about 4 1/2 months along. We went to Disneyland last month and she was bored out of her mind because she couldn't get on any big rides. So she has really no desire to go back until after the baby is born.

Before getting married, buying a car, house and other "adult" things....in other words, before having any responsibility at all, I would travel down to Southern California at least 5 or 6 times a year....one year making it ALMOST every month. Now I have bills to pay. :crying: But at least I VERY QUICKLY taught my hubby how to love Disneyland the way I do and he wants to go all the time now also. The comercials kill us!

SallySkellington
09-28-2004, 03:42 PM
you start the day-by-day countdown of your trip at "fifty days until Disneyland".

How about...

when you start the day-by-day countdown of your trip at "one hundred fifty days until Disneyland."

(And BTW, guilty as charged. ;) )

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-28-2004, 03:47 PM
How about 291 days 16 hours 12 minutes 45 seconds before your trip. JULY 17!!

Susan L
09-28-2004, 05:39 PM
How about...

when you start the day-by-day countdown of your trip at "one hundred fifty days until Disneyland."

(And BTW, guilty as charged. ;) )

We started ours at 290.

MrsG
09-28-2004, 06:08 PM
When you line up all your Mickey beanies on a shelf and pretend you are walking through the Emporium.

tweetheart
09-28-2004, 06:11 PM
I made a paper chain with Disney stickers on it. I get to take the sticker off every day and put it on my calendar! Only 17 more days! (However, I have 3 months of my calendar full of Disney stickers!)

CarlieB
09-28-2004, 06:34 PM
We started ours at 290.
Ours started at 289 (and now we're down to 71):D

squuggy
09-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Well, apparently counting the days-until is a popular activity; I never expected such a response. BTW, 8 days until Disneyland. Yippee!

TrekkieDad
09-28-2004, 07:30 PM
<pulling out calculator> 80 days!

kisroo
09-28-2004, 10:13 PM
You have Eticket radio, VisionsFantastic, ParkHopper Radio, AND SubsonicDisney streaming radio stations bookmarked (and used whenever working on the laptop)...

You listen to the Disneyland Theme Park on your ipod to workout at 5 am...

You mess up your kitchen trying to make Monte Cristos...

You try to figure out a way to "bribe" or better yet, treat, your hubby to a long weekend to DLR...

You figure out ways to rack up points on your Disney Visa and Alaskaair Visa to get you there "sooner"...

:geek: :geek: :geek: ;)
~kisroo:)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-28-2004, 10:28 PM
:) When you are DYING for the 50th anniversary to hurry up and GET HERE ALREADY so that you can see all of the fun stuff in store, and you are just sick that you aren't going in October so that you can save THAT money and go next year and spend twice as much!!!! ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Well, apparently counting the days-until is a popular activity; I never expected such a response. BTW, 8 days until Disneyland. Yippee!

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy for me!!!!! ;)

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-28-2004, 11:22 PM
when you download ringtones from POTC and HM...

guilty... :D