PDA

View Full Version : Chance To Shine Is Gone!!!

AIRLINE
11-22-2001, 05:38 PM
From the published schedules that is....

I spoke with an Entertainment Manager today who assured me that Chance to Shine will continue in it's present form, location and name....

but...

because of the upcoming holiday season, the resort may be (at times) short of performers for a particular show and the Chance to Shine girls girls may be used to fill-in at other shows (not as Chance to Shine) as another character.

Instead of committing to a schedule, the entertainment manager said that for now, Chance to Shine will perform day-to-day.

I was advised to check with Guest Relations on the day of my visit for current times.

They did perform today at 1:20 and were scheduled to have 5 shows today. (I saw them on my way to BLAST!)

Funny part was when I inquired at DCA Guest Relations today about Chance to Shine, both of the cast members on duty at the time I stopped-by gave me a blank stare and said they have NEVER heard of a Chance to Shine.

One of the cast members at Guest Relations said if it doesn't appear on their "internal" park schedule, then they are not performing. Obviously, that's not the case here, as we all know with Disney...everything is subject to change.

bluepearl
11-22-2001, 08:31 PM
Airline: I never really stuck around to watch the show, but from what I hear, it's great. I myself prefer the Road Trip show and it really irks me that the times aren't listed on the guidemaps.

And I have to chime in with you on the Guest Relations CM. I seem to know more about the performances at DCA (and locations) than some of the Guest CMs do. :shrug: I'll ask about the Road Trip show, and they'll refer to their CM Guides, and search though it, not finding it - I have actually had to point out on that CM guide where the listings are. In addition, sometimes they tell me the abbreviated locations of the performances, and they'll say, what's HB? What's P? GG? It makes me wonder whether or not they're training these CMs to help people and/or these CMs have ever been to DCA before. And lately I've been coming across some snippy CMs who talk to me like a complete idiot. Now I love the CMs at DLR - I am always nice to them and they, for the most part, have been completely courteous and helpful. But for some reason, I keep crossing the CMs that don't know too much and still treat me like a complete idiot who doesn't know squat. This occurs mostly at DCA.

And yeah, sometimes there aren't listings for a show at DCA that day, yet you'll see the performance later in the afternoon. Curious.

GoldenEars
11-22-2001, 09:18 PM
I'm so glad to hear that *my girls* are still around and that they're not going away! And for those of you who have never seen the show or just part of it, please take the time to see it! I promise you, you'll love it!! It's one of the very few things that DCA entertainment did very well. Thanks for the update you guys, I appreciate it. Hope you all had a great holiday with your family and/or friends.

Patrick;)

Julie
11-23-2001, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the info! I'll have to stay next time I go for a show of Chance to Shine. I've only seen part of it.

Good to hear that the CM's at the info booth actually knew what was going on. I've asked questions at the info booth in DCA on many occasions and no one seems to know anything there! They always end up having to make call after call to different departments, and it take about 10 minutes. I had a similar problem, though, at DL. The CM at Guest Relations didn't know what stores Premium AP's get discounts at!

Nigel2
11-23-2001, 09:55 PM
With the AP discounts usually its better to go to the AP office (it is in the bank right? I got moved for a while, but I think its back) and just ask the person at the door for a list of the discounts.