PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a limo service from airport to DLR?

tlovesdis
09-27-2004, 02:24 PM
And if so which one and did you like the service?

We are flying into Long Beach and planned on taking a shuttle to the Disneyland Hotel, but after doing some research I found out that for only about $20 more we can take a limo so I thought that would be fun!

Just wondering if any of you have used a particular service and if you liked them.

Thanks!

sdfilmcritic
09-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I haven't used one personally to go to the parks. But I did see a young couple pull up in to the Pinochio lot in a limo.

splashmtngurl
09-27-2004, 02:46 PM
i Have seen tons of people come to DL in limos, of course i have never done so myself but it sounds like it would be a fun deal. I had no idea that it was that cheap...

Hakuna Makarla
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
And if so which one and did you like the service?

We are flying into Long Beach and planned on taking a shuttle to the Disneyland Hotel, but after doing some research I found out that for only about $20 more we can take a limo so I thought that would be fun!

Just wondering if any of you have used a particular service and if you liked them.

Thanks!
20.00 more then what other service ? Taxi, or shuttle? sounds pretty good, but what is the service? we took shuttle 10 dollars per person, 30.00 was to high to me, but the taxi I was told was only 20.00. wish now I had taken the taxi :)

AVP
09-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Just a note: our Fabulous MousePlanet Review System (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi) has a new category for ground transportation services, and we'd love to see readers submit their reviews of the major local companies.

AVP

tlovesdis
09-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Sorry, that would be $20 more than the quote for the shuttle service. I got a quote from Super Shuttle for 6 of us for $70. The limo is only $95 so it is actually $25 more, but we just thought it would be so much fun to pull up to the Disneyland Hotel in a limo. We are celebrating my 36th birthday and also my cousin will be done with all of her chemo treatments (she is fighting breast cancer) so we are making this trip extra special!

kisroo
09-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Why, limo and town car are the kisroo's favorite way to arrive!! ;)

For our honeymoon, we took Best Limo and they were awesome on the way to the hotel...not so great on our way back to the airport. The driver that picked us up from the airport was there, waiting for us, with our name on a sign. No problems~got to the GC without delay. He also helped the "bellhops" bring in our luggage.

On the trip back to the airport (John Wayne), we had arranged for the limo to pick us up 2 1/2 hours prior to our flight (this was only 1 yr after 9/11 and the security lines were loooooong...). Well, it's a good thing, because the limo didn't show up. 1/2 hour later, we had concierge call the company. They said they *were* there and he "didn't see anyone" (hubby and I were waiting outside 15 mins prior to our pickup time)! Long story short, we arrived at the airport with less than an hour to check in. Not a nice way to end a trip.

This last time, we opted for a towncar from American VIP. The same thing happened~but in reverse. Hubby and I were stranded at JW airport at 11 pm waiting for our car. No one there. We were even 20 minutes early from our flight. Had to call this service 2x before someone finally showed up. Because of this (and our experience the trip before) I called the day before our pick up for the airport, the morning of, and about 1 1/2 hours prior to pick up to avoid a repeat performance. On our trip home, they were on time and pleasant.

Both companies did discount our fee slightly, but still~not enough to combat the stress.

Now, whenever we go somewhere, we check limo and towncar rates. They are usually cheaper for two (or just slightly higher-which I'm willing to pay for door-to-door). Word of caution~be very specific and call prior to your prearranged reservations just to give them a reminder. This may help.

AVP, I will put this info in the reviews and will be looking forward to seeing how other companies compare!

~kisroo:)

Dlandmom
09-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Sorry, that would be $20 more than the quote for the shuttle service. I got a quote from Super Shuttle for 6 of us for $70. The limo is only $95 so it is actually $25 more, but we just thought it would be so much fun to pull up to the Disneyland Hotel in a limo. We are celebrating my 36th birthday and also my cousin will be done with all of her chemo treatments (she is fighting breast cancer) so we are making this trip extra special!
Let me ask my husband about the limo service he used when he used to travel a lot. He loved the service. For 6 people, I'd definitely go with some kind of limo service...why not? For just a little bit more, you can get more personalized service, and pull up in a LIMO! I'll get back to you once I talk to the hubby!

seattlemom
09-27-2004, 05:08 PM
We used J's Limo once, and it was awful. We usually drive, but this once we were flying in, so I went for it. I was really wishing that we had gone with a different company.

Sheila
09-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Okay, there is a limited set of airport tranportation services in the system for DLR. If there are any limo/towncar services not listed that you'd like to review, let me know and I'll add it to the system.

Thanks!
Sheila

tlovesdis
09-28-2004, 07:38 AM
I just got another quote from a company called Stylus. They had the lowest price. Only $120 round trip, plus tip. With a 20% tip that would make the total only $144 round trip and their are 3 of us paying making it only $48 each! That is cheaper than the shuttle.

Now I just need to see if anyone has every used them!!!

sierranevada
09-28-2004, 07:54 AM
I just got another quote from a company called Stylus. They had the lowest price. Only $120 round trip, plus tip. With a 20% tip that would make the total only $144 round trip and their are 3 of us paying making it only $48 each! That is cheaper than the shuttle.

Where did you find them? I may do the same thing but coming from John Wayne Airport. The last two times we used Supershuttle - and I do think they are a great service - we had at least 2 stops before they dropped us off at DLR hotels. It doesn't sound like much but boy was I getting impatient!! I will probably do tax if I don't find a good quote on limo/town car - there are three of us. Speaking of taxi, does anyone have an estimate of the cost from John Wayne Airport?

Thanks!

tlovesdis
09-28-2004, 08:10 AM
I went to Limos.com and ended up getting about 10 quotes from different places. The prices ranged from $376 round trip to $120 from Stylus (quite a difference). I would think that since John Wayne is closer than Long Beach it might be the same or cheaper. The phone number for Stylus is 1-866-2-Stylus.

tlovesdis
09-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Ok, so I called to book and it turns out the quote was for a town car and we want a stretch limo so it is going to be just a little bit more. It's $150 round trip, with tip of 20% total will be $180 so $60 each. The shuttle would have been about the same.

I spoke with Jerry at Stylus and he was so nice! Now I am even more excited about this trip!!!!!

wenderella
09-28-2004, 08:46 AM
We took one from PPH to the Airport one time. So much fun. A great ending to the trip. They arranged everything. That would be my suggestion...Call the Disneyland Hotel and tell them what you want. They will know who to use, and will probably arrange everything for you at no charge. Awesome service.

rentayenta
09-28-2004, 08:52 AM
I went to Limos.com and ended up getting about 10 quotes from different places. The prices ranged from $376 round trip to $120 from Stylus (quite a difference). I would think that since John Wayne is closer than Long Beach it might be the same or cheaper. The phone number for Stylus is 1-866-2-Stylus.

Just wondering if Long Beach airport is farther than John Wayne?

I think a limo sounds like so much fun.

Dlandmom
09-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Ok, so I called to book and it turns out the quote was for a town car and we want a stretch limo so it is going to be just a little bit more. It's $150 round trip, with tip of 20% total will be $180 so $60 each. The shuttle would have been about the same.
That sounds great! That's about how much my husband's referral would've cost. He's still going to look up the contact's name and number...in case Stylus falls through...though I hope they don't! By the way, do they automatically tack on the 20%, or is that your estimate?

Karla, John Wayne is probably a little closer than Long Beach. They're each on opposite sides of DLR.

tlovesdis
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
I just added 20% myself since that is what I would typically tip for a service.

Long Beach Airport is 18.63 miles from the Disneyland Hotel & John Wayne is 14.3 miles from DL Hotel.

sami869
09-28-2004, 09:44 AM
I wish. I'll will be taking the $11 disney bus because there is no way I could afford a limo. If you can aford it then go for it and have a great time.

sediment
09-28-2004, 10:46 AM
I prefer the limo service (as I've noted here in other areas), but do note that unless you ask for a stretch, you'll be in just a towncar.
OK, now that I've actually read some of the thread, you would have to get a stretch for six people.
Sure, why not. It's only money.

But, the most important reasons are as follows:
1. Only your party will be in the limo. The shuttle will likely be filled with others.
2. Your limo driver will be waiting for you with your name at the nearest not-so-secure area (baggage, for example).
3. You limo driver will take you directly to your hotel. The shuttle may or may not drive you to your hotel first, as other riders' hotels or stops might be first.

Make sure you tip the driver. And make sure that the tip is not included in the charge when you order it.

sierranevada
09-28-2004, 05:19 PM

I also went to limos.com for quotes and noticed they have a feedback section. If you search for Stylus - there are 5 reviews - all five star. Hope that helps.

Maus
09-28-2004, 06:51 PM
We used J's Limo once, and it was awful. We usually drive, but this once we were flying in, so I went for it. I was really wishing that we had gone with a different company.
We used J's last month to pick up some relatives at LAX. They were great. Even called us as they were leaving the airport to let us know they were on their way. What about them was awful?