PDA

View Full Version : What will be new to the Haunted Mansion Holiday this year?

Pages : [1] 2

nursemelis374
09-27-2004, 07:59 AM
I was just wondering what everyone thought would be new to the HMH this year? I think there is going to be a Sally AA. I know a lot of people think there will be something with Dr. Finklestein.

splashmtngurl
09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
oooo there is going to be something new?? i cant wait, we might be going on nov. 4th and it would be really cool to see it....lol....i probably sound like a :geek: but i have never been to DL in the fall and i cant wait to see the haunted mansion all done up!!!

SallySkellington
09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
I would love a Sally AA. I've always thought she was sadly underrepresented in HMH. I've heard on Miceage that the attic will be turned into Dr. Finklestein's lab this year.

Dlandmom
09-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I unfortunately rode on HMH only once last year, so I really didn't get a chance to notice much of the differences. I'm hoping to ride at least twice this year...it sounds like there's going to be some neat stuff this year...I just have no idea what's rumor and what's truth!

Yes, it would be cool to see Sally and Dr. Finklestein...heck, I think it's just cool that they're dressing it up for the holiday! I can't wait!

splashmtngurl, I think you'll love it. I was awestruck the first time I saw it two years ago...I just couldn't believe the transformation! It truly was a great job by the Imagineers! That's the type of stuff I expect from them!

AlohaJulie
09-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I hope there's something new this year! Sally and the Dr. would be great additions. I'll be riding it Friday after work, so I'm crossing fingers for a pleasant surprise!

I Heart Disneyland!
09-28-2004, 10:36 PM
I hope there's something new this year! Sally and the Dr. would be great additions. I'll be riding it Friday after work, so I'm crossing fingers for a pleasant surprise!

I'd love to hear how it looks this year!!!! Let us all know!! ENJOY FOR ME! ;)

AlohaJulie
09-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Only two more days until my favorite ride at DL reopens! :D

I think I'm much more a fan of HMH than the regular HM. My favorite part is the wreath that hangs from above singing "la la la la" so sinisterly!

Looking forward to the "boneyard" churros too (are they any different from regular?)! Just love the HMH atmosphere.

foolish mortal
09-29-2004, 09:22 AM
I would love to see Sally. I'd also like to see more of Lock, Shock, and Barrel, maybe popping up throughout the ride. I'll have to avoid looking at HMH threads until we go in December, I want to be surprised by any changes. (by the way, those stuffed Sally dolls in the Baten Rouge are terrible. She's much prettier than that!)

Christiii
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
the DL website says Scream with holiday spirit as giddy ghosts make their own unique Christmas trees in the snow-covered graveyard.

So, maybe they are changing the snow angel theme in there..I love those..but a haunted Christmas tree could be kewl too.. they always do suuuch a great job, aim anxious to see what they come up with. I know they add new thngs each year, but I hope they dont get ride of the OOGIE AA they had new last year, he was a really amazing AA..one of the best I think!!

mkyears
09-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Anyone heard anything? Anything new this year doesn't seem like there is that much hipe.

sediment
09-29-2004, 01:25 PM
I heard it opens Friday to the non-extra-paying public. You can go on it again and again starting then.

cstephens
09-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Anyone heard anything?

I'm sure you'll hear lots more after Thursday night.

Tref
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
I heard it opens Friday to the non-extra-paying public. You can go on it again and again starting then.

I read that it will be open briefly on Thursday but you can only go on it once and you have to promise to keep your eyes closed. This is for the non-extra-paying-no-peeking-public.

sediment
09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
I read that it will be open briefly on Thursday but you can only go on it once and you have to promise to keep your eyes closed. This is for the non-extra-paying-no-peeking-public.
Really? I might have to call in sick for that chance. Of course, there's always my way:.............................paying for the privilege to buy stuff.
(No, that's not my way. I just wanted to write that, seeing as it's HM-related and all.)

SallySkellington
09-29-2004, 05:59 PM
My favorite part is the wreath that hangs from above singing "la la la la" so sinisterly!

"Kidnap the Sandy Claws, throw him in a box..." :D

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that someone thought that Lock, Shock, and Barrel should be the hitchhiking ghosts. I love that idea!

Tref
09-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Really? I might have to call in sick for that chance. Of course, there's always my way:.............................paying for the privilege to buy stuff.
(No, that's not my way. I just wanted to write that, seeing as it's HM-related and all.)

Hehe

Niwel
09-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Even though regular Haunted Mansion no longer has a FastPass, there is a FastPass for HMH -- according to Disneyland.com.

Is it just me, or was there way more information last year at this time? I haven't even heard or seen a single ad for HMH.

SallySkellington
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
I think you're right, Niwel. I seem to remember them advertising Oogie Boogie's presence months in advance.

stitcher
09-30-2004, 08:07 PM
The dining room has changed quite a bit... what else I have no idea

Mostly a bunch of old favorites

GoldenEars
09-30-2004, 09:39 PM
My best friend and I are going tomorrow (opening day) at about 8pm, and we can't wait. And of course, we never use the FastPass for the first time, cuz we want to experience the whole thing...even while waiting in line! And the attraction is always better at night, so that's why we're waiting until then.

It'll also be fun to see a lot of the Disney Villians roaming the walkways of Disneyland again!! Plus all the Halloween decorations around New Orleans, the festive foods/drinks, and just the whole feel of the Halloween season. This is the BEST time of year for me, I love it!!

Happy October~
Patrick

Disneyfreak
09-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I wish they did that lighting on the haunted mansion everyday. I wonder why they dont do that crazy lighting when the public is there.

bluepearl
10-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Would it be spoilerish if I talked about TDL's HMH? Well, just to be on the safe side, I've seen the video of it and the animatronics of Sally made me realize that our HMH doesn't have very much of her. It would be really cool to see her on the attraction. I'll get to see it Saturday (assuming there's not a horrific wait time and there are reasonable FPs available). Can't wait!

SallySkellington
10-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Would it be spoilerish if I talked about TDL's HMH? Well, just to be on the safe side, I've seen the video of it and the animatronics of Sally made me realize that our HMH doesn't have very much of her. It would be really cool to see her on the attraction. I'll get to see it Saturday (assuming there's not a horrific wait time and there are reasonable FPs available). Can't wait!

:eek:

There's a Sally AA on TDL HMH?

Where did you see the video? Can you link to it?

RStar
10-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Rode it Thursday. Didn't really notice anything different. We walked right in so I didn't see the queue.

Darkbeer
10-04-2004, 07:02 PM
As of today, the Haunted Mansion Holiday FastPass was a STAND-ALONE... of course subject to change....