PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Suite

iAmJacksDLand
09-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Does anyone have any photos or extensive knoweledge on the one bedroom suites at the Grand Californian? There is absolutely no availability except for said suites the night of the 7th, 8th, and 9th, so I figured we might as well. I now have to desire to know a little more about what I just booked!

I do things out of order, I know. :rolleyes:

rentayenta
09-26-2004, 03:37 PM
I have no photos and know nada about the GC but eveything I have read says that it's fabulous. What month are you going?

iAmJacksDLand
09-26-2004, 03:47 PM
October... on Saturday Oct. 9th.

sleepyjeff
09-26-2004, 04:27 PM
I am jealous :p

Here is a link that might help...Grand Californian Hotel Suites (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/content?id=ArtisanKKSuiteAGCHGuestRoomsAndSuitesHM FPage)

ftroop6
09-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't have any digital type pictures but my husband and I have toured two of the VP suites (Arcadia and the El Capitan) Both are beautiful. The first time we stayed at the hotel we rented a three room suite and it worked well for the number in our party.It wasn't a VP suite though. You didn't mention what kind of suite you were considering. The only down side was the distance that you had to walk to get to your rooms. They were on the 3rd floor and were the corner rooms right over Huey Dewey and Louie at the entrance to World of Disney.(closest to the Park) It is quite a walk to get to your room! We had plenty of room with 3 bedrooms and a "living room". Since we were a party of 12 it was the most cost effective way of staying there.

sierranevada
09-26-2004, 05:30 PM
We stayed in a 2 Bdrm Suite and it was wonderful! It was the King Artisan suite #3451 with a connecting standard room. My only complaint is that is was VERY far from the elevators!! We had a great view overlooking DTD and could watch the fireworks from the balcony. The sitting area was great nice, the bedroom was spacious and the bathroom luxurious! You even get a toothbrush and toothpaste in the suite - great souvenir. You will really enjoy it. :)

Wkr3kt
09-26-2004, 06:42 PM
We have stayed in a 2 BEDROOM SUITE and loved it! The BEST part is that it was EXTREMELY close to the elevator and had a great view! It was room 4014. It was the corner room overlooking the pool and out to Paradise Pier. When you opened the door to leave your room you hear the piano music from the main lobby below and the elevator was only about 7 rooms away.

You can call the hotel directly or central reservations and request that your suite be near the elevators. That is what I did and we would definately stay there again. Enjoy your trip!

yobbie
09-27-2004, 06:24 AM
The suite our family had was more like two adjoining rooms, one set up like a living room and one like a bedroom overlooking the pool. Honestly, we were a little disappointed with what it was for the price. The next time we're looking at suites, I'd request a different one or pay a lower price and just get two adjoining rooms.

iAmJacksDLand
09-27-2004, 09:14 AM
It seems like the suite I booked sounds like what Yobbie described - nothing too special, just more space. We have a lot of people staying with us, but we would've just booked adjoining rooms as well, but Disney claims there are NO OTHER rooms available on property. What is going on? :confused:

wenderella
09-27-2004, 11:33 AM
ftroop6...You stayed in a 3 bedroom suite. Do you know the name of that suite? We also have a lot of people going - 3 adults and 6 kids, and this too maybe a more economical way. Do you remember what you paid? THanks

ftroop6
09-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Wenderella, Just got out my info from that trip. It was in October of 2001 (the year it opened) The room numbers were 3449, 3451, & 3453. It didn't have a name, just one of the regular suites. We paid 6939.00 for 8 nights with concierge. That worked out to about 289 per room. With the added bonus of concierge it was really worth it except that we were so far from the Craftsman Club. At the time it was the cheapest that we could get there. That was also with a Premium passport discount. The configuration of the rooms were...2 rooms with Queen size beds, one with a king and a queen size sofa sleeper in the "living room". Hopes this helps.

splashmtngurl
09-27-2004, 03:25 PM
wow i am jealous....but just out of curiosity, if you plan on spending alot of time int he parks why would you want such a nice, expensive room?

ftroop6
09-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi splashmtngurl,

Well I guess the main reason for that particular trip was that the Grand Californian was new and we wanted to stay there. That particular deal was no more than what it cost at the DLH and we also got conciege with it so it worked out really well. At that time we traveled with 6 kids so we always needed two rooms and this trip we also had another family of 4 traveling with us. Because of that trip it became our DLR hotel of choice.
We do spend alot of time in the Parks but we also enjoy spending time at the hotel(pool, grand hall,craftsman lounge, 5th floor balcony, outdoor fireplace etc). As far as why it is worth it, we did our time staying in the more moderate places because that was all that we could afford at the time and now we just enjoy the comfort level that the GC delivers. For our family we stay there because it completes our vacation.

iAmJacksDLand
09-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Well this has all been very helpful, thank you everyone. As it turns out, we may need an even bigger suite now, as more people want to come with us. Sounds good, if I can book it, that is. :rolleyes: