PDA

View Full Version : Mickey statues?

scanmom
09-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know when the 75 Mickey statues will be at DLR? I have AP's, and would like to make a trip up to see them, but since I am in Oklahoma (GO SOONERS!), I would need to plan a trip in advance. I cannot seem to find the dates anywhere. I know that 15 of them are in Dallas now....but I would love to see ALL of them. Plus, it gives me an excuse to come to DLR again!!! TIA!! :D

storescm99
09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Are you talking about the "big fig" sized statues that were unveiled for Mickey's 75th birthday last November? If so, those started out at Disneyland and left in January on their world tour. I don't think they're coming back.

olegc
09-23-2004, 10:27 PM
no no - i think they mean the large (6 foot?) statues painted by famous actors/performers/artists and unveiled at WDW, not DLR. The "big fig" size as you say that were on display at DLR were all auctioned off in January of this year (or was it Feb). I was there - it was fun.

I think the REALLY BIG statues were originally scheduled to arrive late 2004/early 2005. But, as always, subject to change without notice :D

Go here for more info... http://disney.go.com/inside/mickey75/

Mark Goldhaber
09-23-2004, 10:46 PM
No, I think she's talking about the 6-foot tall Mickeys that started out at WDW, then were whisked to Philadelphia for the annual meeting. The best info I have is Winter 2005. I don't have anything better yet. Sorry.

kennyhues
09-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Saw a United moving van all decaled up with "We're Moving Mickey" signs headed North on Hwy 280 during commute hours just South of Palo Alto on Wednesday, Sep. 22. Truck not yet un-decorated from some past event, or Mickey Statues headed to San Francisco or parts further North?

scanmom
09-24-2004, 03:09 PM
I am talking about the 6 ft tall Mickeys decorated by celebrities. I looked at the site, which is not very helpful. If anyone finds out exact dates, please let me know!!TIA!! :p