PDA

View Full Version : Pins Pins Pins

Ace
11-21-2001, 09:05 PM
How much do Disneyland Pins cost?
Where do you get them?

Sorry.........but I'm saving all of my money and I need something to spend it on at Disneyland.......

MammaSilva
11-21-2001, 09:09 PM
Squinky.... pins run from 4.00 up to as much as 40. or 50 for certain boxed sets, you can get them in every single corner of the park, there are pin carts out and about all over plus a LOT of the stores carry pins....a nice lanyard runs about 10 bucks but the water/soda bottle straps are about 3.50 and work just as well

zapppop
11-21-2001, 09:09 PM
pins vary in price from about $6 - $15 per pin.

You can purhcase them in many locations in Downtown Disney
and the 2 theme parks.

MouseWife
11-21-2001, 09:14 PM
Even at the resort hotel gift shops and there are carts all about.

Someone told me that you can trade with any CM that sells? I mean, at any of the locations?

MammaSilva
11-21-2001, 09:18 PM
There are some "rules" about trading with CM's, the quality of the pins or something.. maybe one of our resident CM's could fill us in? I watched a CM trade with a little girl and it was so cute, he was so patient with her while she pondered which pin she was willing to give up her "pooh" pin to get :)

zapppop
11-21-2001, 09:19 PM
I think there's a small pamphlet about the rules of pin trading now available at all pin trading locations.

What are the rules ?

Not Afraid
11-21-2001, 09:24 PM
Squinky, read the other pin thread (Pin Plot I think).

Pin collecting can be dangerous and highly addicting. Those who have become addicted to pin collecting have had a hard time giving it up. I've heard a rumor that some type of support group for problem pin collectors is being formed. I want you to be fully informed before you embark on this venture. All of us here at MP will help you through this.

:D

Nigel2
11-21-2001, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned about him right now since he cant get to disneyland as easily as most of the MPers can. I think I read somewhere on this site that they have to be 6.50 or more in value and they can't be enamel, plastic or buttons for CM trades.

Matterhorn Fan
11-22-2001, 06:32 AM
Ahem, the only $4 pins you'll find are at the Disney Stores (not WOD), and you have to be there before opening.

Pins at the DLR are $6.50 and up and are sold in stores and at carts all over.

You can trade with any CM that's wearing a pin lanyard. There's an article on MP that explains DLR's pin trading rules: New Pin Trading Rules (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer050201.htm)

TimBuk2
11-22-2001, 02:25 PM
To Matterhorn Fan: :)

Thanks for the link about the pin trading rules. I have a friend that trades a lot. He has 4 or 5 lanyards, I usually carry 2 of them when we go to the park, they are so heavy.

As for the type of pins, I know they have to be what they call the "CLOSSINAISE" (not sure about the spelling). This is the type that has the Disney logo on the back, and the front the image has sort of a raised edge. It's the only one the CMs are allowed to trade.

But so far we've found that you can choose ANY pin they have on their lanyard, then you can give them any one of yours. They are not allowed to pick the one they get.

So if you have a lot of smaller, cheaper ones that you want to get rid of, you can trade up for some really cool ones. We've picked up some that are from the other parks, Tokyo, Florida, Paris...etc. It is kinda cool.

I was at D-Land for the Haunted Mansion Holiday pins and missed the 1st of 4 sold. On week 3 I found someone in line that traded me pin 3 for pin 1. It worked out great. But i agree that it can go a bit too far.

Well, I'm off for the Turkey....then to DCA...or is that one in the same >?

:eek: :cool:

zapppop
11-22-2001, 04:06 PM
My favorite DL pin is the one of the Small World facade.