PDA

View Full Version : Nearby hotels/suites

iAmJacksDLand
09-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Can anyone suggest the best way (and least expensive way) to stay at a hotel between Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm with 10 people. I'm not sure if splitting the cost of a suite, or getting attached rooms is better.

I need help! We arrive Oct 7th!

wenderella
09-23-2004, 11:58 AM
I know that Holiday Inn at Buena Park always is offering good rates. I think it is a newer hotel that is trying to get the business. I think it's close to both. Check it out.

Dr. G
09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
We're staying here for one night in a "C2" suite for 10:

http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com/rooms/room_main.html

before moving to here for the rest of the trip (I think they have rooms up to 8 people):

http://www.residenceinnanaheim.com/

I've never stayed at either so here's hoping they're okay. Hope that helps.

Cost-wise, you may find it's about equal to get 2 rooms for 5 people. I know we stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott one year and their rooms hold up to 5 people. I'm sure there are others that hold 5 as well. Can you split into 2 groups of 5? Or do you need 6/4, 3/3/4, etc?

Wendi
09-23-2004, 12:13 PM
I have stayed at Staybridge Suites and was extremely pleased. We had 7 people, and the 2-br suite sleeps 8. It was basically a 2BR 2BA apartment with complete kitchen. They offer a really good breakfast buffet every morning, and an evening hors d'oevres reception every night. Then twice a week they have a hamburger/hotdog BBQ out by the pool. Even the beer & wine is free. The rates were extremely reasonable. One bedroom has 2 double beds and a bathroom, the other bedroom has a king bed and bathroom, the living room has a sofa-bed. I was able to make pb&j sandwiches from the items available at the breakfast buffet each day as well, which saved on lunches.

I don't know if they offer free shuttles anymore to DL, I think it's become the one that you have to pay for. I also don't know if they offer a shuttle to Knott's. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, it's wonderful. The only drawback was that it's not within walking distance, so you are reliant on the shuttle system or a car or taxi.

tlovesdis
09-23-2004, 12:52 PM
We stayed at the anaheim residence inn mentioned above and absolutely loved it. We had a two bedroom, two bath with kitchen. It was perfect for 6 of us. There was plenty of room and the free breakfast is great! The pool is very nice and there is a free shuttle that you have to catch next door at the Hyatt.

I would stay here over the desert inn and suites. We stayed there once and hated it!

sdfilmcritic
09-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Embassy Suites is awesome, but the one I stayed at is about three miles south of Disneyland.

CalgonMoment
09-25-2004, 04:19 PM
I stayed at this Holiday Inn last year. The pool is big, but the overhead noise kept me up most of the night!