PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Basketballs?

cemeinke
11-21-2001, 08:59 PM
Okay, what's with the teen-tween guys carrying basketballs in the park? Kids in costumes, or with stuffed animals I understand, but who gets up in the morning and thinks, "Hey I'm going to Disneyland, better bring my basketball along."

I first spotted this about 2 months ago at DCA and figured the guy must have won it somewhere on Paradise Pier or something. Since then, I keep spotting guys at both parks carrying basketballs. School project? Initiation? Pure lust of the sport? All in all it seems rather awkward to me. Does anybody here have any insights?

zapppop
11-21-2001, 09:02 PM
I think they're selling them in Downtown Disney

I have no idea why

Nigel2
11-21-2001, 10:23 PM
I wonder why they let them in with the basketballs, you would think there could be a risk of damaging itmes with it.

MammaSilva
11-21-2001, 10:25 PM
How would they be able to say "no" you can't bring that in? I agree it's weird but I just don't see what disney would use to justify it?

Nigel2
11-21-2001, 10:36 PM
well they could say put that in your car or get a locker, but that would probably get them in more trouble than it is worth, how big are these basketballs? Are the regualtion size? And do they fit in the pouches on rides like indy?

cemeinke
11-21-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
...how big are these basketballs? Are the regualtion size? And do they fit in the pouches on rides like indy?

They're regulation size.

The first one I saw was in Soarin'. We were sitting in front, so I haven't a clue where he put it during the ride--I doubt it fit beneath his seat.

Nigel2
11-22-2001, 01:33 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if the CMs hold the b-balls for them since they don't want them falling out in rides like Space Mountain.

MouseWife
11-22-2001, 09:57 AM
And where are their mothers? Hmmm?